ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

miyazi78

Re: INVOLVE MP

Post by miyazi78 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Zainy wrote:Could anyone please tell me that what is the best way to contact a MP and how to involve MP to check the progress of your application.I don't know if its right or wrong but i will wait for few more weeks and then ask my MP to contact homeoffice.ANY SUGGESTION OR SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE PLEASE.
Zainy I wil advise you . Wait till 14 weeks , after that you can contact will local mp, I am wait 12 weeks and my 13 weeks start today .

perry254
Newly Registered

Post by perry254 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:53 pm

crb wrote:maybe there should be a new sticky thread where successful ppl could submit their success time frames only and no discussions at all.....this thread can continue to be a waiting and discussion thread .....and the other will be just postings of time frames from those who have received decision....
I agree with you, Its Only the moderators who can delete the posts LOL ,, i dont know what they are doing they have stayed for long without deleting irrelevant post.

perry254
Newly Registered

Post by perry254 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:56 pm

miyazi78 wrote:
Zainy wrote:Could anyone please tell me that what is the best way to contact a MP and how to involve MP to check the progress of your application.I don't know if its right or wrong but i will wait for few more weeks and then ask my MP to contact homeoffice.ANY SUGGESTION OR SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE PLEASE.
Zainy I wil advise you . Wait till 14 weeks , after that you can contact will local mp, I am wait 12 weeks and my 13 weeks start today .
Invove Mp atleast after 20 weeks, not earlier, minimum wait is 6 months my dear..if u contact Mp now they will just say ur application is being considered and the Mp will tell u they said its being considered.

nomibhai
Newly Registered

Post by nomibhai » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:10 pm

miyazi78 wrote:
I'm in my 29th week and still waiting.I got my MP involved by contacting them via email first and then i received confirmation for meeting with the MP. Letter has been sent by MP to special unit in home office who looks at MPs queries. 3-4 weeks wait for a reply from HO. Fingers crossed.

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 am

HI EVERYONE WE WILL HEAR FROM THE OFFICE SOON

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:14 am

FEB APPLICATIONS WILL BE HAVING BACK THEIR DOCUMENT IN MAY, CANT WAIT! LOTS OF SLEEPLESS NIGHT.

Lee3000
Newly Registered

Post by Lee3000 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been following this thread for a few weeks and want to share below timelines for my SET (o) 10Y application.

Application sent: 25th Jan 2012
accounted debited and ack date: 28 Jan 2012
ILR stamp date: 20th March, 2012
Passport Received (posted from Liverpool ):19th April 2012

It is really annoying that HO send it by royal mail second class recorded.

My case was straight; 10 years student visa, no gaps.

It is truly a fantastic feeling and a huge relief and I hope you will all feel it soon!

All the best and good luck!!!
:D
Last edited by Lee3000 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

sam2106

query

Post by sam2106 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:56 pm

do you really mean you applied 25th Jan 2011? or slip on the keyboard you meant 25th Jan 2012?

HO always send passport 2nd class recorded. Did you not enclose a prepaid 500g return special delivery envelopped in your application?

thanks

Sam
Lee3000 wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been following this thread for a few weeks and want to share below timelines for my SET (o) 10Y application.

Applied: 25th Jan 2011
accounted debited and ack date: 28 Jan 2011

It is really annoying that HO send my passport by royal mail second class recorded.

It is truly a fantastic feeling and a huge relief and I hope you will all feel it soon!

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Congratulations to people who have received their passports.

So I can conclude
1- A lot of people are following this thread but they share time line only when they receive their passport

2- January applicants are receiving their passports now.

3- Average time to receive passport is 11 Weeks.

I would also like to point out there is a mistake in excel formula in completed list. In "dravijitbd" line on (106 H) formula is broken from cell above and therefore Average UKBA Processing Time is exactly 11 weeks.

Prayers for all who are still waiting
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

sam2106

My timeline

Post by sam2106 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:04 pm

>Applied 27/02/2012
>Acknowledgement received shortly after around 01/03/2012 ( dated 29/02/2012)
>Payment taken on 29/02/2012 appears on bank statement 01/03/2012
>surname wrongly mispelled on acknowledgement letter. Just sent them letter about this on 18/04/2012 which they have received today 19/04/2012
> case preety uch straight forward, no gaps 10 years combination of student visa, psw, tier 1 ( general ) on Set (O)

anyone applied around end of February 2012?

Thanks

Sam

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Yes O

Post by GBEMI » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Yes O Feb applicant here I am. I apply the end of Feb so expecting around third week in may.

antonyos
Newly Registered

Post by antonyos » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Sam,

I posted my application same date as you. As this was one day before the new form was applicable, I applied using the Set(O) form. Which form did you use?

Still waiting.. By reading the threads here, I understand we're still 3-4 weeks away from hearing back.

Regards

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Yes Sam, I used form O and we still have 3-4 Weeks to go. Not too long we shall be free from HO problems.

5thave
Newly Registered

Post by 5thave » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:51 pm

sam

I applied end of Feb., 28th to be precise.... still waiting.... but will call my passport back for Identification purposes, new job... HO advised that this will not affect my application.. Basically they will send the passport and will write to me when they need it... i hope it wont affect my application

crb

Post by crb » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:41 pm

bless77 wrote:hi guys i have been following this forum for last couple of months and i must say this is the best and i like to thanks everyone who involved with this forum. here is my time line:
applied: 18/01/12(set O)10years
acknowlegement letter:23/01/12
ILR stamped: 21/03/12 (Liverpool)
Passport received: 16/04/12
Documents sent: 2passports and Life in the Uk test (eventhough i had good qualification from UK university)
straight forward case (7 years student +2 years PSW +1 year student again)no gaps and never refused when applied for further leave to remain..
many thanks again for everyone
congratZ.........

sam2106

hi anthony

Post by sam2106 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Cool Set (O) is the right form Anthony ;)
antonyos wrote:Sam,

I posted my application same date as you. As this was one day before the new form was applicable, I applied using the Set(O) form. Which form did you use?

Still waiting.. By reading the threads here, I understand we're still 3-4 weeks away from hearing back.

Regards

elcanja
Newly Registered

Doubts

Post by elcanja » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:18 pm

Hi everyone...

I'm new to this forum and would just like to see if anyone could help me clarify a couple of things...

Within a month from now I'll complete 10 years of legal residence in the UK with no gaps (6 years student --- 2 years PSW ---- 2 years student) and am looking forward to apply for ILR.

I understand and am ok with most of the requirements apart from:

- "strength of connections in the United Kingdom" and "domestic circumstances" -

What do these mean exactly? I do have quite lot of British friends, got married here 6 years ago (however, to a Brazilian like myself) and am about to have a baby very soon. As far as employment record, I've worked and paid taxes for something like 7 / 8 years, however I haven't worked much in the last 2 years or so. Are these "connections" strong enough?

Lastly, while flicking through some of the older posts I saw some people mentioning about what documents to send. I've got all my original passports as well as my biometric residence permit. As I understand that should be enough, but is there anything else one should send, like referee letters or something?

Thanks a lot to anyone that bothers to read and reply to this lengthy post.

Cheers

sam2106

Re: Doubts

Post by sam2106 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 pm

this thread is strictly for a timeline of those waiting for their indefinite leave and passport back.

i suggest you open your topic in the right section of this forum and not hijack this thread for an inquiry about set(o) application as this is the wrong place to do, it will also make it difficult to follow timeline of applicants !

thanks
elcanja wrote:Hi everyone...

I'm new to this forum and would just like to see if anyone could help me clarify a couple of things...

Within a month from now I'll complete 10 years of legal residence in the UK with no gaps (6 years student --- 2 years PSW ---- 2 years student) and am looking forward to apply for ILR.

I understand and am ok with most of the requirements apart from:

- "strength of connections in the United Kingdom" and "domestic circumstances" -

What do these mean exactly? I do have quite lot of British friends, got married here 6 years ago (however, to a Brazilian like myself) and am about to have a baby very soon. As far as employment record, I've worked and paid taxes for something like 7 / 8 years, however I haven't worked much in the last 2 years or so. Are these "connections" strong enough?

Lastly, while flicking through some of the older posts I saw some people mentioning about what documents to send. I've got all my original passports as well as my biometric residence permit. As I understand that should be enough, but is there anything else one should send, like referee letters or something?

Thanks a lot to anyone that bothers to read and reply to this lengthy post.

Cheers

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Feb 2012

Post by GBEMI » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:39 pm

One and half week to May, Feb applicant will be receiving their document back.
It will soon be Feb applicant turn.

Lee3000
Newly Registered

Re: query

Post by Lee3000 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:42 am

sam2106 wrote:do you really mean you applied 25th Jan 2011? or slip on the keyboard you meant 25th Jan 2012?

HO always send passport 2nd class recorded. Did you not enclose a prepaid 500g return special delivery envelopped in your application?

thanks

Sam
Lee3000 wrote:Hi Guys,

Applied: 25th Jan 2011
accounted debited and ack date: 28 Jan 2011

It is really annoying that HO send my passport by royal mail second class recorded.

Sry mate, that was a typing mistake, I sent my application at 25th Jan 2012.

I think most Feb applications already got ILR Stamp on passport now, and hope you will received it soon.

Need_light

Post by Need_light » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Whoever applied first and last week in january, them already recieved their passport but what happen whoever applied in the middle of january ??? Really stress...

Zainy

Post by Zainy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:05 pm

Need_light wrote:Whoever applied first and last week in january, them already recieved their passport but what happen whoever applied in the middle of january ??? Really stress...
@need_light i applied on23rd january but still waiting.
Last edited by Zainy on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need_light

Post by Need_light » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Zainy wrote:
Need_light wrote:Whoever applied first and last week in january, them already recieved their passport but what happen whoever applied in the middle of january ??? Really stress...
@need_light i applied on24th january but still waiting.
Zainy may be you will recieve it today or tomorrow Coz lee3000 applied 25 th january and recieved day b4 yesterday.... Really confused about how HO works ??

crb

Post by crb » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:56 pm

10th jan here...waiting and biting my nails.........

GBEMI
- thin ice -

Post by GBEMI » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Have not seen anyone in this forums whose application is in Feb and has got back the passports.