ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa expires 4 days before I'm eligible for ILR appt?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

melimango

Visa expires 4 days before I'm eligible for ILR appt?

Post by melimango » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:13 pm

I posted a message yesterday here http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 799#627799 asking a question about my applications timings, but am posting a new message because now I have a bigger issue that I need to make more clear in the subject.

Thank you for the commenters who replied on the other thread.

My Tier 1 General visa expires on the 1st of May, and I'm eligible for ILR on the 4th of May, as my entry clearance was for 1 June 2007 (and I first entered the country on 2 June 2007). I had an appointment for the 30th of April as I didn't realise I wasn't eligible for ILR yet, and I have travel booked for June and August and sometimes need to travel for work. I've been told my only option is to apply for a Tier 1 General extension. There's no Tier 1 General appts anywhere before 30th April so I'm in a real bind. Will they really turn away my ILR application because of 4 days? Anyone tried going to an appointment in this situation?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:30 pm

as per your other thread, you need another extension before you can apply for ILR. its costly but a sure way to go I am afraid.

you can continue in one thread instead of opening new ones.

saira12
Newly Registered

Post by saira12 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:49 pm

what if you send a postal application for ILR and post it before your leave expires.
i am expert at all let see what others comment on this