ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Posted application, can it be change to Same Day

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SunnyKK
Newly Registered

Posted application, can it be change to Same Day

Post by SunnyKK » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Hello All,

I have applied just before the rush time, which was wrong decision, as I have to wait longer. My current visa is expiring on 10th May, can I ask them now to change it to Same Day service.

Thank you

ajf773

Re: Posted application, can it be change to Same Day

Post by ajf773 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:13 pm

SunnyKK wrote:Hello All,

I have applied just before the rush time, which was wrong decision, as I have to wait longer. My current visa is expiring on 10th May, can I ask them now to change it to Same Day service.

Thank you
Once you hand your application and documents over to the postal service, it's a bit late. It will arrive in the normal working time-frame their service provides. It will most certainly arrive before May 10th. The date of application is no later than when it is received by the UKBA

SunnyKK
Newly Registered

Post by SunnyKK » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:22 pm

Thank you[/quot
ajf773 wrote:
SunnyKK wrote:Hello All,

e]

Once you hand your application and documents over to the postal service, it's a bit late. It will arrive in the normal working time-frame their service provides. It will most certainly arrive before May 10th. The date of application is no later than when it is received by the UKBA
Thank you ajf773.
But I belive they have lot of application coming .. and after reading the processing timelines ..it might take 2 months.

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:42 pm

SunnyKK wrote: Thank you ajf773.
But I belive they have lot of application coming .. and after reading the processing timelines ..it might take 2 months.
My girlfriend is applying soon as well as she is in the same boat. I believe most of the applications would be before April 6 before the significant fee hike so hopefully the wait won't be as long for people applying from then on.

pmholling
Newly Registered

Post by pmholling » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:17 am

ajf773 wrote:
My girlfriend is applying soon as well as she is in the same boat. I believe most of the applications would be before April 6 before the significant fee hike so hopefully the wait won't be as long for people applying from then on.
It all depends on how fast they process the exiting applications, if they are truly only at 13 March (biometrics) and it takes a week to cover a day's applications, if could be a six months to a year (40+ weeks) before they process all of the applications that were submitted prior to 6 April.

I don't expect it will take that long, but you never know.

karen.cnuk
Newly Registered

Post by karen.cnuk » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:00 am

pmholling wrote:
ajf773 wrote:
It all depends on how fast they process the exiting applications, if they are truly only at 13 March (biometrics) and it takes a week to cover a day's applications, if could be a six months to a year (40+ weeks) before they process all of the applications that were submitted prior to 6 April.

I don't expect it will take that long, but you never know.
I believe on their website, there's a page tells you the estimated process time, along side the current bunch of cases (received before xx/xx/xxxx) they are dealing with. Not the actual case number of course, but you can get a rough idea of how long it would take for them to actually pick your application up.