ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rules for HSMP Extension - Are you affected? - Poll

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSMP Extension New Rules since 07/11/2006- How you are affected?

I am able to score 75points, and also fulfill IELTS requiements and will get extension
20%
I qualify for 75 points but will find it hard to collect supporting evidences before my application date
12%
I may score 75 but may not abe able to provide proof for IELTS / English requirements
8%
I do not get 75 points, it appears that I may have to leave UK
59%

Total votes: 49

affected
Newly Registered

Post by affected » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:40 am

According to the new rules if any body fails to score 75 then they need to go back to his country, but when we came then they promised to us that they will give the extension if economicaly active?

What about the promise? how they can put a new rule with existing applicant.

I strongly support the new rules but it should not include existing applicants.

A university approved some students to join where they produced 6 IELTS, and next year university decided to increase the IELTS Band from 6 to 6.5. so all the new student needs to provide 6.5 to get admision. dose it means all the student got admission last year have to leave there study as they dont qualify under the new rules?

lella
Newly Registered

Confusion

Post by lella » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:34 am

I am scoring 80 points, and i can provide the english language letter from the uni/college. But i dont know about the progress. Even if i get the letter from Uni / College and when HO calls college or Uni for the enquiry if Uni/College staff doesnt respond in worst case what will happen?. Letter from college should be fine or ILTS is the best option. I am from hyderabad, India and i did my degree from Aurora College, Osmania University.

Anybody have comments on letter from particular Uni and colleges. Please respond.

Cheers,

Suresh

affected
Newly Registered

Re: Confusion

Post by affected » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:59 am

Hi Lella,

Same thing for me but I am scoring 75. Is your degree is 3 years. I got a letter from the university stating that the course was taught in English. If we provide the University doc then we need to get a comparable letter from NARIC otherwise they wont accept the english proficiency certificate.

Now the question is whether NARIC approced 3 years graduation equal to UK graduation. UK graduation are normally 4 years but Indian Graduation are 3 years. I dont know how they will compare both equal to each other.

Reply as soon as possible as we need help from each other to resolve the issue as in the middle of the GAME HO office chage the rules at the interval.

Affected

[quote="lella"]I am scoring 80 points, and i can provide the english language letter from the uni/college. But i dont know about the progress. Even if i get the letter from Uni / College and when HO calls college or Uni for the enquiry if Uni/College staff doesnt respond in worst case what will happen?. Letter from college should be fine or ILTS is the best option. I am from hyderabad, India and i did my degree from Aurora College, Osmania University.

Anybody have comments on letter from particular Uni and colleges. Please respond.

Cheers,

Suresh[/quote]

lella
Newly Registered

Is 3 years Indian degree is equal to 4 year Uk degree?

Post by lella » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:32 am

Affected,

Actually i am in the UK on workpermit. When they accepted my degree for Workpermit. I dont think it will be a problem in considering my degree as equl to UK degree. This is just an assumption. But however thanks for your comments. I will contact NARIC on this.

Cheers,
Suresh
Last edited by lella on Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lella
Newly Registered

NARIC response to my question.

Post by lella » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:44 am

Affected,

I have called NARIC to confirm that the 3 years Bachelor Degree in India is equal to UK standard Degree. They said its equl to UK standard degree.

Cheers,
Suresh

affected
Newly Registered

Re: NARIC response to my question.

Post by affected » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:47 am

Hi Hella,

Is there any perticular criteria, I mean 1st Class, 2nd class or any thing else.

could you please give me the Naric Phone No?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

[quote="lella"]Affected,

I have called NARIC to confirm that the 3 years Bachelor Degree in India is equal to UK standard Degree. They said its equl to UK standard degree.

Cheers,
Suresh[/quote]

first2last4

Re: NARIC response to my question.

Post by first2last4 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:13 pm

lella wrote:Affected,

Cheers,
Suresh
So does that mean its treated as BACHELORS DEGREE and will be awarded 30 points as per the new rules?
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

lella
Newly Registered

NARIC Contact Number

Post by lella » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:16 pm

Affected,

I dont think they look for any divisions like that. Qualified means qualified i guess, and i have not asked them anything like that. I dont know if HO is also interested in marks of Degree. See i did Bachelors in Commerce and i am workin in IT field now. Both of them are completely different fields.

According to new HSMP rules Yes Indian degree will get you the same points as UK standard degree.

This number is available in NARIC website.
Tel: +44 (0)870 990 4088

Cheers,
Suresh

devnaan
Newly Registered

New rules for HSMP

Post by devnaan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:13 pm

Hi,

I got my HSMP entry clearance on 1st March 2006 and got my job as system developer on april 06. I am not really happy about the new rules as they have broken their own law and clauses.

I will submit my application in Feb 07 , and I was thinking about any one who came under the old scheme what are the extra docs we need to submit with the new rules.

1. I submitted my Bsc(hons) in Maths in my initial application and i understand from the HSMP guidance i dont need to resend it again.

2. for earning -> I will have 10 months salary slips + bank statement.

3. For age is passport good enough or you need birth certificate as well?

4. though my studies were in english but i will still give IELTS to be on the safe side.

Anything else apart from these? and also one more thing the earning for those within 12 months , the salary for 8 months ..is that any 8 months or last 8 months?

any help on documentation or other useful tips will be greatly appreciated. We need to help each other out in this horrid situation.

Thanks,

Dev.

Amry
Newly Registered

Post by Amry » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:09 am

Ashwin2005 wrote:Very shocking poll result indeed, so far only 15% appear to qualify for FLR(HSMP) extension without any problems.
Hi Ashwin. The poll is a very good idea, but I expect that people who qualify will pass over the posting quickly without voting, and only those who are emotional about the changes (ie those that fail) will pay attention to this posting and vote, thereby skewing the results a little....