ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Domestic worker Visa chnages!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wasiter

Domestic worker Visa chnages!

Post by wasiter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:27 am

All,

Under the new rules for the domestic worker visa from 06/04/2012 a domestic worker visa cannot be given for more than 6 months ...also, it can't be extended beyond 6 months..

Iam a british citizen and im in the process of applying for a domestic worker from india (all my paper works are done)..Now, with the rules chnaged from april...Am i (British citizen) eligible to sponsor a domestic worker from abroad?..

If yes, i guess it will be for 6 months..Does that mean i can re apply again?

If yes, is there a GAP i should wait before applying?

I couldn't find any answers in the web and that's why iam posting here..hoping to get some clarity on thi issue..

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:12 pm

You will be given permission to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You must return home at the end of the 6 months or when your employer returns home, whichever is sooner. We will not extend your permission to stay past 6 months or past the time that your employer is in the UK

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas- ... icworkers/

I can't see anything that prevents re-applying from outside the UK.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Re: Domestic worker Visa chnages!

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:45 pm

The new rules state the sponsor must usually live outside the UK
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/
wasiter wrote:All,

Under the new rules for the domestic worker visa from 06/04/2012 a domestic worker visa cannot be given for more than 6 months ...also, it can't be extended beyond 6 months..

Iam a british citizen and im in the process of applying for a domestic worker from india (all my paper works are done)..Now, with the rules chnaged from april...Am i (British citizen) eligible to sponsor a domestic worker from abroad?..

I couldn't find any answers in the web and that's why iam posting here..hoping to get some clarity on thi issue..

Thanks

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You will be given permission to stay in the UK for up to 6 months. You must return home at the end of the 6 months or when your employer returns home, whichever is sooner. We will not extend your permission to stay past 6 months or past the time that your employer is in the UK

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas- ... icworkers/

I can't see anything that prevents re-applying from outside the UK.
Thanks

wasiter

Re: Domestic worker Visa chnages!

Post by wasiter » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:52 pm

PaperPusher wrote:The new rules state the sponsor must usually live outside the UK
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... igibility/
wasiter wrote:All,

Thanks

Where does it say?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:14 pm

click on the link in paperpusher's post and read the information available on that web page. If you normally live in the UK you will not be able to sponsor a domestic worker. British citizens can only sponsor domestic workers now if they normally live outside the UK and intend to come to the UK for less than 6 months.