ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long before i can send my APP? Urgent Please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gmopla
Newly Registered

How long before i can send my APP? Urgent Please

Post by gmopla » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi,

my visa is expring in july, can i send my application in may?
one more question please

If i apply for switch my visa from t1 to t2, can i still apply for t1 extension later?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Dates please?

You can apply for an early extension. However, the early extensions usually cause problems at the time of settlement, as applicant struggles to complete the five years stay requirment.

After your convertion from Tier 1 to Tier 2. You wouldn't be able to get your Tier 1 visa extended. Moreover, there is no returning back to Tier 1, if later you change your mind.
The question is... to be or not to be....

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: How long before i can send my APP? Urgent Please

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm

gmopla wrote:Hi,

one more question please

If i apply for switch my visa from t1 to t2, can i still apply for t1 extension later?
u can apply early but leave granted from date may not align with ur current expiry date and chances that you may have shortfall for ILR. How on earth can you have T2 visa and wishing to apply for T1 extension !!!! Hope you aint on drugs even thinking that !!!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

gmopla
Newly Registered

Post by gmopla » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:20 pm

raxs1983 wrote:

one more question please

u can apply early but leave granted from date may not align with ur current expiry date and chances that you may have shortfall for ILR. How on earth can you have T2 visa and wishing to apply for T1 extension !!!! Hope you aint on drugs even thinking that !!!

Hola! As i told i am having T1 visa which is expriring in July, i have two options either go for T1 extension or switch to T2. I am thinking to go for t2.

I was thinking in future if want to work for other companies, can i apply for T1 again?
Or it is one way traffic?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm

gmopla wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:

one more question please

Hola! As i told i am having T1 visa which is expriring in July, i have two options either go for T1 extension or switch to T2. I am thinking to go for t2.

I was thinking in future if want to work for other companies, can i apply for T1 again?
Or it is one way traffic?
No - T1 is closed now !!! So you will not be able to achieve what you are attempting.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:22 pm

T1 general that is...

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Please continue in previous thread.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.