ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Glasgow PEO ..question on BRP delivery

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lemurkilo
Newly Registered

ILR success at Glasgow PEO ..question on BRP delivery

Post by lemurkilo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:54 am

Hi all,
We had a big day yesterday. From things going very smoothly to very horrid and then by the end of the day getting good news... Here is what happened.

reached 30 mins before our appointment time. We were led in, got our token in 5 minutes and in another 10 minutes were called to submitted documents.
We were asked for form, passports, photos & every document. So, I submitted all the documents I was carrying. The life in the UK, employer, payslip , bank etc was straightforward. I had however, carried multiple letters for cohabitation ranging over two years--it included bank statements (seperate), driving license for wife, university correspondence for my wife, phone bills in my name, NHS letters etc etc.. After maybe 20-30 minutes we were called again and were given back some documents. We were asked to go for the biometrics and he said he would be doing the background checks.
Biometrics took a long time (15-20 mins) because its difficult to get my young child to sit straight and get finger prints.
We were fairly relaxed at this point since they were happy with docs and were only doing the background check...Then our number was called again and we got a terrible shock, totally unexpected. My name had come up in the background check with the police!!!! I had never been to court or never had a parking fine even so I was totatly shocked... We were asked to go home while they did further checks to see why my name was present and if it was indeed me or some one else. The lady was very nice and listened to what I had to say (actually nothing, just blank shocked face & questions from my side) but she couldn't do anything until further checks were done. At this point , I was worried someone stole my identity. Anyway , by the time we reached home in the afternoon, the nice lady calls and tells me everything is cleared and there is nothing to worry. She will send the cards.

So, it ended on a good note but for a few hours we were very very worried. Not just about not getting the PR but about why my name came up..Its a fairly unique name (well , I used to think so, obivously it isnt anymore)...

But I've got a couple of questions. Do I need to be present at home when the BRP is delivered? Can my wife accept it? Is there any identity proof to be shown when receiving the brp?
secondly, since I didnt receive any confirmation from them in writing that my PR has been granted (im assuming it will come in the post today). how do I follow up with the home office in case of any issues? like brp missing etc. what reference can I use. Has anyone else had this situation?

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:11 am

Congratulations on getting your ILR!

Check out this link - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... need-brp/# which will answer most of your questions.

Someone else can sign for the BRP but you will need to show photo ID of the person the BRP is for. If not received after 10 working days you have to email them.

My other half is still waiting for his BRP (application approved 11 April) - the letter they give you doesn't actually say that ILR has been granted so the only documentary proof is the BRP

ra_one_2011

Post by ra_one_2011 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:41 pm

i don't want to give you more shock but when i l was given my documents back i was asked to sign a paper to say that all details are right on it which will get printed on BRP and i had to sign for all dependants as well and also got letter what ILR mean with my case ref no. if i were you i would chase up this letter. are local to PEO or you need to travel?

lemurkilo
Newly Registered

Post by lemurkilo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:49 pm

many thanks.is the reference number the same as the appointment reference number?

ra_one_2011

Post by ra_one_2011 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:02 pm

hi, no
my booking reference is different than case ID.