ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i apply for Tier 1 extension way in advance?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ariadna
Newly Registered

Can i apply for Tier 1 extension way in advance?

Post by Ariadna » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Can i apply for the extension of my Tier 1 months before my current Tier 1 (the first one) expires? Or will it have implications for the subsequent ILR application? In order to then qualify for the ILR how many days before the Tier 1 expires should I apply for my Tier 1 extension?

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:07 pm

yes you can apply for T1 extension months before it expires. further leave to remain will be from your extn application decision date, not from when your T1 expires. so you may end up needing more T1 extensions to make the 5 year ILR requirement.

Ariadna
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension

Post by Ariadna » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Right, but you can't just keep applying for Tier 1 more than 2 times can you. So really, in order to make up the 5 years of stay in the UK, i should apply as close to the date my current Tier 1 expires as possible right?

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:51 pm

as per current rules - you can keep applying for T1 extensions any number of times.

your assumption is correct - if there is no good reason to apply significantly earlier than expiry date, you should apply close to expiry date to avoid unnecesary extensions