ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

waiting time and advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keni
Newly Registered

waiting time and advice

Post by keni » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:33 pm

Could anyone pls advise me?
I'm still waiting for a decision from the home office since my application for leave to remain in the UK (basis of marriage to a british citizen) in September 2004. Its been almost 2 years now and my MP wrote to the HO twice this year but still no response on my application.
What can I do now? I'm really very frustrated and this delay is causing me a lot of set-backs...

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:11 pm

Keni,
Could you please shed more light on your case, such as your status in UK before applying to HO? Your nationality? etc..etc...

keni
Newly Registered

waiting time and advice

Post by keni » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:11 pm

I was on a students visa from Nigeria which expired in Oct 2000, but I got married to my husband who is british in Sept 2000, By that time I was still in good immigration status to apply for my leave to remain on marriage basis but I didnt apply cos I misplaced my passport and I thought it was very difficult to apply for a new passport from the nigerian embassy in London from all the stories I've heard.

I didnt apply for my leave to remain until September 2004 thru my immigration lawyer, who advised that my condition fits in the DP3/96 concession and I have a strong case cos my two kids(who are both british citizens) from my marriage have health problems which needs constant monitoring by their consultants in London, my husband is studying for his professional exams and we've also got a mortgage.

I only recvd an acknowlegdement from HO in Oct 2004 advsising that my case was waiting for further consisderation and its now 2 years since I applied.

My MP wrote them in February 2006 to find out what was going on with my application but the HO wrote back saying its still waiting for consideration and they would consider my application as soon as possible, and I've not heard anything else since then.

Pls advise on what to do next cos I've spent a lot of money and the mental and emotional torture during this long horrid waiting period.

Pls pls advise...thanks

keni
Newly Registered

Spouses visa interview

Post by keni » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:13 pm

Could anyone pls advise...? The Enforcement and Removals Unit of the Home Office have arranged an interview with me, my husband and kids next week for my spouses visa application.
Has anyone got any experience of spouses visa interview in the UK pls? What questions did they ask?

beatrice
Newly Registered

Waiting time & advice

Post by beatrice » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:31 am

Hi Keni

Your situation sounds very similar to mine at the moment. Although I am the wife of the husband hoping to get his ILR. To be perfectly honest I feel as though I dont have a clue about what is going on like yourself. My husband submitted his application last year after overstaying for 8 years. The HO are still dealing with his application- but like yourself we have financial obligations too and it is very difficult to plan things with the uncertainty over our heads. I am now in the process of emailing the MP to submitt a letter on our behalf- maybe you could advise me how to approach the MP.

I thought that this website may be able to shed some light on the situation but I havent hade much feedback just yet.

God bless you and your family with your interview- It does sound very daunting- but I believe that you will get through it ok.

keni
Newly Registered

Post by keni » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:10 pm

Hi Beatrice,
You can find out the name and address of your local MP thru ur council, and if possible book an appointment to see the MP. In my own case, my MP wrote the HO in February and they responded saying my application was still under further consideration.
After waiting over 2 years for a decision from HO, I decided to send a letter to the HO complaints dept last month, to complain about the length of time it was taking for a feedback on my case, it was only then that there was this progress ...i.e an interview scheduled with the HO.
I really wish you and ur family best of luck in the application process and I hope all works out well for you cos It can be very frustrating and depressing, I've been thru it all.