ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed! (in the 12th month after appeal)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PPra

Appeal Allowed! (in the 12th month after appeal)

Post by PPra » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:10 pm

Hi All!

As per the letter received from AIT sheffield, My appeal filed against the visal refusal (HSMP case) in November, 2005 has been allowed.

The appeal decision was promulgated last week. It took them almost 1 year to open and look into my case. But finally I got the justice. I am more happy that i have been relieved from the blame of submitting untrue documents. This blame was hurting me more than not being allowed to enter UK. Finally the judge is convinced of my honesty! I am highly thankful to God!

I am also thankful to this board for all the guidence it provided me in those days of disappointment. Had it not been for this board i would have had no clue as to how to proceed on appeal. Specially the moderators. John in special. He is indeed a very nice soul.

This posting is a special THANK YOU to you all.

Now I wish to know as to how should I proceed?
My HSMP approval is more than a year old.
I have not yet received any communication from the regional visa office though.

THANKS & Regards
PPra

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:16 pm

PPra, many congratulations. Glad it worked out ... eventually ... but what a wait! Well, not quite .... no EC in your passport yet, but hopefully a short extra wait. Do appreciate that IND do have the ability to further appeal, if for any reason they think there has been an error in law.

Hope you enjoy living and working in the UK, and will not encounter a problem getting a HSMP extension under the recently-announced new rules.
John

PPra

Post by PPra » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:22 pm

ya!

Thanks John for the the good wishes!

I had read the new HSMP guidelines... the document says I can get a fresh reprint of the HSMP approval.

But as I am not much clear about all this.. so seek confirmations and guidences on this.

Regards
PPra

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:36 pm

In this section of the Board there are ample links to the new rules ..... points allocation very different to the old scheme. Having a look at the new rules will help you determine whether you might encounter a problem getting HSMP extension in a couple of years ... or indeed easily pass the new rules.

What is clear is ... there are winners and losers ... going from the old rules to the new rules. So well worth you working out whether you are adversely affected.
John

PPra

Post by PPra » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:57 pm

From what I read from the New HSMP guideline (paragraph 60), I dont have to apply for a new HSMP as of now. I will only have to get a reprint just like a candidate asks for a duplicate copy of the HSMP approval letter in case it does not reach him in 6 months of approval.

This clause is there that incase a candidate goes in for an appeal and successful appeal takes more than 6 month, the candidate can get a reprint of the HSMP permit by returning the previous original. And I think at the time of reprinting they are just going to change the dates and not reconsider the whole HSMP approval validity as I was never allowed to enter UK in the first place.

If I am write on the about point, I should get the EC/Visa. And as per april 2006 rule change, the visa should be for 2 years instead of 1 year before.

Then after while at the time of applying for the renewal of the HSMP after 2 years, I will have to score 75 points. A large portion of the new point system depends on what I will earn in the last 12-15 months of my 2 years there. sitting here in India I can only make wild gusses about the likely earnings there. But I am hope ful once there, I will figure out that too well.

I just wish to know is there any posting by someone gone through similar situation like mine. As to what should I be doing to get the EC stamping on the passport. As of now, I am trying to focus just on that.

Regards
PPra

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:08 pm

The guidelines say that the initial visa / EC might be for a max. of 2 years. Doesn't necessarily mean that it MUST be 2 years and no less.
It all depends on the documents (in my opinion - availability of funds) that you provide with your EC application.

Search the forum and you'll find many applicants who have been granted only 1 year EC.

regards
PPra wrote:And as per april 2006 rule change, the visa should be for 2 years instead of 1 year before.

PPra

Post by PPra » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:08 pm

Thanks for your warning sushdmehta!

I will try to show adequate cash. say 4000 BP in my Bak account.
Plus I am also likely to get an Appointment Letter.

Actually since I had no idea when the appeal would be decided, i could give no commitments to any British Company about my likely date, so was in no position of geting any appointment letter.

Similary I had to move funds to my family business for expansion opportunities as who knew when the appeal would be decided and what would be its decision.

Now that things have fallen in my favour. I am getting the funds back from my stake in the company.

Any more suggestions from all the nice people here?

Regards
PPra