ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding biometrics, visa cost and future maintanance funds

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zohebansari
Newly Registered

Regarding biometrics, visa cost and future maintanance funds

Post by zohebansari » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Hello everyone,

My friend had applied for a new Tier 4 adult student visa on the 30th of March showing 29 days of maintenance funds of 1600 pounds and other relevant documents.

She had received a confirmation from the UKBA on the 5th of April that they have received the application.

The date today is 19th of April and by this time the UKBA would have taken the visa application cost of 386 pounds and called for biometrics.
In this case, the money hasent been taken out of her account nor has she got her biometrics appointment letter.

1.) She had noticed that in her Tier 4 application form. She had forgot to tick 386 pounds in A1, but ticked 386 in A16. ( she has to tick both ).

Could this be a problem to why UKBA hasent taken the money out yet?

and could any one please advice of a situation incase the visa gets rejected.
1.) will she have to show fresh maintenance funds in her account as she currently only has 1300 ?
2.) will she be able to appeal or have to re apply?

Thanks
Zoheb

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:00 pm

I think its difficult to say anything untill you get some response from UKBA.

Most probably, they will wait until your current visa expiry date and once date will over, they will send all documents back as 'invalid'. They use same trick with many students whos mistaken somewhere. It force student to make an out of time application and further mistake/refusal can make you an 'overstayer' in UK and removes right of appeal in that case.

zohebansari
Newly Registered

Post by zohebansari » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Damn this is probably gona be a serious issue because her current visa under her first Tier 4 student expires on May 31st 2012 and she has transfered to another university, which required her to apply for a new visa.

As its highly trusted, she was able to start the term by sending the visa alone, but getting the visa rejected is a big head ache.

the UKBA did ask to wait another 2 weeks before she can enquire about her application.

will they still pull out the money and reject the application?
and any idea if she will have to show new maintenance funds if rejected?

Thanks
Zoheb

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:32 pm

You are getting ahead of yourself here. Its only been two weeks since the acknowledgment letter two days of which were bank holidays. This is not a significant delay. She can ask the universitys international student advisor to call the student advisor line at the ukba and ask about the letter. If the application is invalid then they would be unlikely to hold on to it for 6 weeks and if they did there would be grounds to challenge this.

zohebansari
Newly Registered

Post by zohebansari » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Well its been 3 weeks now and no new from the UKBA.

Apprently, another student from the class got a mail from the UKBA on the 28th day after he posted the application saying it has been rejected because he had not ticked any thing for the question " have you stayed in Norther Ireland"

So this guy now has to show 2000 pounds in his account for 28 days and re apply.

in case of my friend, 28 days since initial appliction would be completed next week and her current visa expires on May 31st, 2012. In which case, does she have to start maintaining 2000 pounds again? or will she be able to appeal or re apply under old application?

(Re: the only noticable problem with her application is that she had forgot to tick the visa amount in question A1, but ticket in A16 ).

Thanks.

zohebansari
Newly Registered

Post by zohebansari » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Well its been 3 weeks now and no new from the UKBA.

Apprently, another student from the class got a mail from the UKBA on the 28th day after he posted the application saying it has been rejected because he had not ticked any thing for the question " have you stayed in Norther Ireland"

So this guy now has to show 2000 pounds in his account for 28 days and re apply.

in case of my friend, 28 days since initial appliction would be completed next week and her current visa expires on May 31st, 2012. In which case, does she have to start maintaining 2000 pounds again? or will she be able to appeal or re apply under old application?

(Re: the only noticable problem with her application is that she had forgot to tick the visa amount in question A1, but ticket in A16 ).

Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:53 pm

did your friend ask the university to call the student advisor line at UKBA as suggested?

veejay
Newly Registered

Post by veejay » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Just something that I have noted from personal experience & experience of friends.

As long as the applicant has a genuine case, I don't believe UKBA will reject an application for something as trivial an issue as you have explained.

If everything else about the application is true , there should no reason to fear.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:07 pm

veejay wrote:Just something that I have noted from personal experience & experience of friends.

As long as the applicant has a genuine case, I don't believe UKBA will reject an application for something as trivial an issue as you have explained.

If everything else about the application is true , there should no reason to fear.
UKBA reject applications if they are invalid (i.e. the payment is not enclosed, or a mandatory part of the form is not completed (in some cases if a box is not ticked for a particular question), an old version of the form is used for example). In some cases therefore applications are rejected for seemingly trivial reasons. I am not sure however what they would do in this scenario, which is why I have advised the OP that his friend should ask his university advice service to contact the UKBA and check if there is a problem with the validity of the application.