ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Calling all the People who are flying to UK on HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishashah
India

Calling all the People who are flying to UK on HSMP

Post by ashishashah » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:11 am

Hello All,

I guess very few ppl. look at this board, once their HSMP is approved..
But still, if some one is looking at it and is planning to fly in next 1-2 months, you can post here..

Here are few things which you shd. do before flying to UK
1)Get a Chest X ray done, so that you are not harassed at Heathrow Airport
2)Get a bank A/c in Indian bank who has a branch in UK(e.g HSBC)..It will be very helpful once you land in UK.
3) Buy a mobile phone which GSM tech..You can buy SIM card in UK

Hope this all Tips are useful..

(Moderators, not sure if this is the right Forum , so please let me know if i need to move this Topic to General forum)

Thanks
Ashish

touk
Newly Registered

Post by touk » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:27 am

Thanks Ashish for the info!

My husband will be flying to UK in Jan mid / end. We have not yet applied for EC. Will be applying for the same in Dec.

-touk

PPra

Post by PPra » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:02 pm

Touk!

I will suggest not to delay much in applying for the EC. Keep a buffer time of atleast 30 days. In case you have to reapply for the EC at the embassy.
I wish and pray that u dont have to do that.. but please keep the buffer in your favour...

I learnt that the hard way!

PPra

maar

Post by maar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:17 pm

1)Get a Chest X ray done, so that you are not harassed at Heathrow Airport

I wanted to reply for this question, I'm living here... and I went for Chest X ray when I landed here... but I don't say that it was an harassement...

It was quite okay and they just took 15 minutes in total.... so guys don't worry, it is a simple and easy process. If you have one handy then carry it, otherwise you can get it done it airport.

rckybhardwaj

Post by rckybhardwaj » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:03 pm

I came here in 2004. Nothing here is harrassing, it just takes time for having to do the x-ray at the airport. It took me about 45 minutes for the radiographer to be arranged and then the senior nurse examined the x-ray. So guys it shall be better to keep a chest x ray handy

karupalli

X-ray

Post by karupalli » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:39 pm

I came in 2005.. No harassing about X-Ray. They gave me post card so that I can post them back my address. They told me that they will send me to NHS for Xray later... I have posted them my address but nobody cared about x-ray...

Denebolina
Newly Registered

Post by Denebolina » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:40 am

Sorry in advance for my ignorance, but x-rays for HSMP??!!!?!?!
Is this still happening? who has to do this? Is it for specific countries of origin only?
do you have a link with additional information on this procedure and requirements?
Thanks!!!

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:02 am

Denebolina,Anyone who is coming to UK for stay more than 6 months Chest X-ray is mandatory. I am not sure if any countries are excluded.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:02 am

Oh Ok...
Sorry abt. word "Harrassment"..

But one of my friends who went to UK on WP , was asked to go for X-ray ..They found out a patch on his chest and was "Isolated" for 15 days...
He even couldnt claim his luggage as he was directly taken in a van to a hospital...
After 15 days of "TB Check" he was released from Hospital, that poor guy had to go to Airport to get his luggage and then was let off..

I am not saying that this happens to every one, but it is better to keep a X-ray handy ..

Ashish