ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Set(M) - No Reference to UK abscences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_Queries

New Set(M) - No Reference to UK abscences

Post by ILR_Queries » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 am

Hi,

I was looking at the contents of the new Set(M) application which is to be used from 06th April 2012 and could not find the reference to days absent from the UK, which we used to fill in other application forms for ILR. Is it the case with every one else?

Also, my spouse has already taken a BRP as part of applying her FLR(M) visa. Does this mean that , if she returns her BRP during her Set(M) application process, she will be reissued another BRP or should she go for another BRP appointment. There is no mention about this in the Guide for Set(M) either.

Can some one , please clarify these 2 doubts.

Kind Regards

Patagonian

Re: New Set(M) - No Reference to UK abscences

Post by Patagonian » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:32 am

ILR_Queries wrote:Hi,

I was looking at the contents of the new Set(M) application which is to be used from 06th April 2012 and could not find the reference to days absent from the UK, which we used to fill in other application forms for ILR. Is it the case with every one else?
There was no section for days absent on the old set(M) form either. Unlike certain other routes, there is no specific maximum number of days that you are allowed to be outside the UK.

From UKBA website:

Time spent outside the UK

The Immigration Rules do not say that you must have been in the UK for the entire 2 years of your visa or permission to remain. Your application to settle here will be judged on its merits, taking into account your reasons for travel, the length of your absences, and whether you and your partner travelled and lived together while you were outside the UK. If you have spent a limited time abroad in connection with your job, for example, this should not count against you.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Hi Patogonian,

Thanks for the URL. It makes sense now.

Others,

Please let me know the answer for the other query.