ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requesting documents back

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LuisS
Newly Registered

Requesting documents back

Post by LuisS » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi, this is my case:
Eligibility criteria: AN6(1)+
Method of application: Postal
Date of application: 16/03/2012
Date of receipt by UKBA: 19/03/2012
Date of debit of fees: 23/03/2012
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 22/03/2012
Date of receipt of approval: N/A
Date of Ceremony: N/A

My problem is that i need my passport as i have to sign a legal document in a embassy and the wont accept any other documents , (yes i know about the NCS and i did send my original as i was sure that i wasn't going to travel) so, there will be a problems if i call HO and ask for my passport back? will they cancel my application? it will affect?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:09 pm

LuisS
Newly Registered

Post by LuisS » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:16 pm

hi thanks ...but that post only give a number, i need to know if i call them and ask for my passport will affect my application..

thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:57 pm

The post also says
If her passport was already scanned into the UKBA system, she could get it back. That's is why using NCS is good value for money.
So it depends what state your application is at. If passport was already scanned, there is no problem getting it back. If not, you might need to withdraw the application.

You will need to call them to find out.

kindred_1st

Post by kindred_1st » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:19 am

You may not need to re-apply. I was told that I should wait 3 months after submission before requesting the docs back. The implication will be that if they need them back, they will request it and delay your application. BUT, still give them a call. :) Good luck