ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 - Unmarried Partner (Spanish & Bulgarian)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:18 pm

Still waiting.... it is so frustrating.

No email answer, no mail arrive... :P

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:00 am

HO hasn't answer to my email yet...

May be I said something strange in the email..

Anyone know how to answer for the application status?

Any key word or something... May be the email filter is dropping my email.

Thank you.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:11 pm

You could try a letter (post it recorded delivery). Your residence certificate at least must be issued inmediatamente!

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:02 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:You could try a letter (post it recorded delivery). Your residence certificate at least must be issued inmediatamente!
We called them, but their immediately answer was "we can not help you because your application wasn't made 6 month ago, you have to wait until that before we can help you"

:(

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:42 am

I agree that the statement by the telephonist is far from accurate.

The Registration Certificate issued to EU citizens should be issued immediately.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Obie wrote:I agree that the statement by the telephonist is far from accurate.

The Registration Certificate issued to EU citizens should be issued immediately.
Well. I call again to 0151 672 5626 ( Opt1, then 2) and after waiting for 20 minutes the telephonist told me again they can not check anything because they don't have any kind of application for it as I applied by post.

Am I calling to the right number? Because I think I called to the Central HO.

Regards,
David

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm

walterlTrapa wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:You could try a letter (post it recorded delivery). Your residence certificate at least must be issued inmediatamente!
We called them, but their immediately answer was "we can not help you because your application wasn't made 6 month ago, you have to wait until that before we can help you"

You are an EU national and not non-EU national. The six month business of for non-EU national residence card applications. The immediately is written in the regulations.

The fob off you got was simply wrong. How terribly frustrating!

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:25 pm

walterlTrapa wrote:

Well. I call again to 0151 672 5626 ( Opt1, then 2) and after waiting for 20 minutes the telephonist told me again they can not check anything because they don't have any kind of application for it as I applied by post.

Regards,
David
I don't think you will get satisfaction by phone. People on the other end either don't understand or don't want to help.

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:26 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
walterlTrapa wrote:

Regards,
David
I don't think you will get satisfaction by phone. People on the other end either don't understand or don't want to help.
Thank you very much.

I think the only thing I can do is... wait. A stupid and frustrated waiting

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:07 pm

I did something stupid.

I used (I think) an old email address: LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

instead of:

LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

In the first one no one answer, in the second one after 5 min of my first mail I received my first answer. (still they are asking me for more question about my personal detail, one email per question).

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:31 pm

walterlTrapa wrote:I did something stupid.

I used (I think) an old email address: LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

instead of:

LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

In the first one no one answer, in the second one after 5 min of my first mail I received my first answer. (still they are asking me for more question about my personal detail, one email per question).
Well I think it was just luck. The mails are coming from @homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk so I think at the end are the same...

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:04 pm

After asking me in one mail for my Royal Mail Track number and for my DOB in another mail (10 min between them)... They never answer again.... hahahaha I am laughing because I am a happy person and I don't want to cry XD

We will see what happen tomorrow....

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:09 pm

walterlTrapa wrote:After asking me in one mail for my Royal Mail Track number and for my DOB in another mail (10 min between them)... They never answer again.... hahahaha I am laughing because I am a happy person and I don't want to cry XD

We will see what happen tomorrow....
Keep at it until you get satisfaction.

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Omg!!..

A new answer from <LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>

"Your application is not with our department. It is in Sheffield. Therefore, I have forwarded your email to that department."

What? Why? I don't understand anything.

Any clue?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:57 pm

walterlTrapa wrote:Omg!!..

A new answer from <LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk>

"Your application is not with our department. It is in Sheffield. Therefore, I have forwarded your email to that department."

What? Why? I don't understand anything.

Any clue?
Liverpool is not dealing with A2 nationals. Sheffield does.

See contact details - here.

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:09 pm

I think Liverpool has cleaned their hands sending it to Sheffield although the application is EEA1 and I am EU Citizen..

I called to Sheffield and they don't know anything about my application. :(
at least not in their computers. The worst is coming. I think this application is going to be delayed by month :(

It is sooo frustrating....

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:28 am

After calling to Liverpool million of times and then with speaking with Sheffield, they said our package should be going to Sheffield and we can not do anything more, only wait for 3-4 Months.

No Registration certificate for me and no COA until everything is resolved.

And I thought I was in the last step after 6 months.... not 4 more.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:55 pm

They are required to issue the COA immediately.

Do you need the COA for anything?

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:They are required to issue the COA immediately.

Do you need the COA for anything?
I need the COA for my girlfriend (unmarried partner)

After taking with people from LiverlPool and Sheffield they say my papers are in Sheffield and I have to wait now 4 month because my girlfriend is A2(Bulgarian)

I asked about the COA and they said for A2 they are not going to generate anything of that... They need to analyze the info first

I really don't know what else I can do. :(

Why do you say they are required to issue the COA immediately?

Thank you!!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Your girlfriend is applying for an RC. Does she need the COA to prove she can work?

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:36 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Your girlfriend is applying for an RC. Does she need the COA to prove she can work?
I am applying for EEA1 and added my girlfriend as unmarried partner.
I don't need anything as I am Spanish but my girlfriend needs whatever document telling she is allowed to work in UK.

Thank you.

Regards,

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:44 pm

An unmarried partner COA will not allow her to work, then I guess the urgency is not so high. But not matter what UKBA should issue the COA immediately.

I would suggest you complain here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/ Point out that by law they are required to issue the COA immediately.

You should also contact your MP and ask them to take it up with UKBA.

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:An unmarried partner COA will not allow her to work, then I guess the urgency is not so high. But not matter what UKBA should issue the COA immediately.

I would suggest you complain here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... complaint/ Point out that by law they are required to issue the COA immediately.

You should also contact your MP and ask them to take it up with UKBA.
thank you very much.

I don't know what it a MP :( And I though COA means certificate of application?

Thank you.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:55 pm

CoA is normally only issued to a non EEA national while their application is being considered. EEA national just get the Registration Certificate as soon as possible. As the partner is A2 national, she should get a Registration Certificate as soon as the HO examine their durable relationship.

Complain as suggested. They should issue it immediately (that's the wording in the directive). It should also be handled by Liverpool as you are EEA national and not in Sheffield.

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Jambo wrote:CoA is normally only issued to a non EEA national while their application is being considered. EEA national just get the Registration Certificate as soon as possible. As the partner is A2 national, she should get a Registration Certificate as soon as the HO examine their durable relationship.

Complain as suggested. They should issue it immediately (that's the wording in the directive). It should also be handled by Liverpool as you are EEA national and not in Sheffield.
Yep but the A2 is handle by Sheffield and they said I have to wait now 2 months for that :(

So... now I can complain but if I understand well I can not ask for the COA (because it doesn't any sense) and wait for the A2 durable relationship check :(

It is horrible!!