ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dania

Post by dania » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 am

dhang wrote:
IQU wrote:
waitingcitizen wrote:I tried calling them today but the lines were busy, will try again on thursday.
same here mate, lines was very busy.i probably dialled theirs number over 100 ttimes .user busy/nettwork busy .is anyone get through to them ?
I sent letter to know the status update of my son's application on the 11/4/2012 and got reply yesterday 18/4/2012 from INIS (Further Processing Team). Does it mean that he will get the decision anytime sooner?
what did they reply you?
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

dhang

Post by dhang » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:08 am

what did they reply you?[/quote]

the application for naturalisation is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether you meet the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation and will be submitted.............
Signed by Further Processing Team

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:50 am

i got same letter end of febuary 2012 with new ref number. i called them last week they told me they are waiting for garda reports? i try to called them tuesday lines was very busy. i am keep calling them this morning.............NETWORK BUSY/USER BUSY...............i dont know what is happening with my file.another hand people applied after me they already got theirs approvals? i wish good luck everybody hope we will get decision soon ..................................?

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:49 am

IQU wrote:i got same letter end of febuary 2012 with new ref number. i called them last week they told me they are waiting for garda reports? i try to called them tuesday lines was very busy. i am keep calling them this morning.............NETWORK BUSY/USER BUSY...............i dont know what is happening with my file.another hand people applied after me they already got theirs approvals? i wish good luck everybody hope we will get decision soon ..................................?
IQU,
u applied in june 2011, so be patience, they havent started sending letters to mid 2011( except spouse of irish nationals, or those on refugees status)
kaybedab

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:54 am

i think so they did not start to proceed the mid 2011 applicant yet.last week one of my mate got his approval.he applied in jan 2011.i think so they will deal with 2011 applicantt now on ?is anyone get through to citizenship section today ?any update

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:27 pm

is anyone get through to citizenship section today? lines was very busy ......................? anyupdate guys

Goldenpaul
Newly Registered

Post by Goldenpaul » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:17 pm

IQU wrote:is anyone get through to citizenship section today? lines was very busy ......................? anyupdate guys
Hi IQU, I called today the lady told me they are waiting for report from outside Agency, same answere on Tuesday. I applied August 2010.
Good luck to everyone wating.

dania

Post by dania » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:06 pm

i got the same and usual answer today that "they r waiting for reports and they r very busy and doing their best", hopefully we will get good news in coming weeks . and best of luck for everybody.
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

dania

Post by dania » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:33 pm

hi my neighbour got her approval letter today,she applied dec2010 for naturalization, based on refuge status.welllllll good luck to us all who r still waiting.

kaybe

Post by kaybe » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:29 pm

dania wrote:hi my neighbour got her approval letter today,she applied dec2010 for naturalization, based on refuge status.welllllll good luck to us all who r still waiting.
dania,
do u know her ceremony date?
kaybedab

Naija

Post by Naija » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey guys.I've just found out that my friend and his brother recieved their approval letters as well.Both applied in march last year,2011.My friend had stamp 4 based on being a family member of eu (irish citizen),but not through marriage,and of course 5 years residency and i presume his brother had same status too,but didnt ask.Their own is on 14th of June as well,but at 3:30 pm one.Good luck to all those who are still waiting.It will come soon. :D

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 pm

[quote="Naija"]Hey guys.I've just found out that my friend and his brother recieved their approval letters as well.Both applied in march last year,2011.My friend had stamp 4 based on being a family member of eu (irish citizen),but not through marriage,and of course 5 years residency and i presume his brother had same status too,but didnt ask.Their own is on 14th of June as well,but at 3:30 pm one.Good luck to all those who are still waiting.It will come soon. :D[/quote] congrats to your mate :)

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:32 pm

[quote="dania"]hi my neighbour got her approval letter today,she applied dec2010 for naturalization, based on refuge status.welllllll good luck to us all who r still waiting.[/quote] do you know theirs ceremony date . congrats to your mate :)

an_immigrant
Newly Registered

http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps

Post by an_immigrant » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:27 pm

Hi all, here is a great source of data to keep track of the past and present applications so far. Please keep updating this datasheet bearing in mind we will all benefit from it and thank you to Scrudu for initiating it once again... kind regards.

http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/ ... hip_apps

hunjra
Ireland

permanent residence is hard to get ?????

Post by hunjra » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:09 am

i need some help plz about Permanent residency in Ireland .i am non-eu national ,married with Eu citizen(not irish) about 6 years ,have two Irish born children,i had applied for citizenship waiting about 8 months .my GNB card renew now for 6 months, i applied for stamp 4 stamp now behave of Irish born child, i would like to ask can still apply for permanent residency on five year living in Ireland??? but my wife not working becoz i am working full time all the time in five years and she look after kids at home ..she not taking any socials and health benefits.....For permanent residency must have to word .my eu spouse ? or i can apply ?
but Eu site written ( After living legally in another EU country continuously for 5 years, your non-EU spouse, (grand)children or (grand)parents automatically acquire the right of permanent residence there without having to meet any further conditions - they can stay as long as they want even if they don't work and need income support.) http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re ... nts_en.htm
llll

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 am

is anyone got his/her approval today ?

mvk
Newly Registered

Post by mvk » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:39 am

From Kildarestreet.com

Michael Lowry (Tipperary North, Independent)
Question 1007: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the average turnaround time for naturalisation applications for nationals from Pakistan; the reason for the specific delay in these cases; the number of these cases currently being with the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18741/12]

Alan Shatter (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Defence; Dublin South, Fine Gael)
There has been an enormous increase in the volume of applications for a certificate of naturalisation in recent years. In 2000 the number of applications made that year was just over 1,000 whereas last year the number was 25,671 - an increase of almost 2,500%. Quite clearly, this dramatic increase in volume has impacted on the capacity of the administrative system to process them and has given rise to a large volume of cases on hand. This gave rise to a situation where most cases were taking well over two years to complete.
When I came into Office just over a year ago there were about 22,000 cases on hands. I undertook to address this issue and committed to get to the stage that by the second quarter of this year the average processing time for standard cases would take six months. In this regard, a major effort has and continues to be made in reducing the time taken to process the generality of applications. In 2011 over 16,000 applications were dealt with. I expect to have made a decision on 12,000 applications by the end of May this year and a further 12,000 by year end. By contrast, in 2010, a decision was reached in just over 5,600 cases.
The primary aim over the past year has been to reduce the large volume of cases on hand as swiftly as possible and this has been achieved in the majority of cases.
By way of general comment, it is a statutory requirement that, inter alia, applicants for naturalisation be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. Quite clearly in those circumstances it is not possible to provide a specific date for the determination of an individual application. I can, however, inform the Deputy that steps are being taken to process all outstanding applications including those referred to by the Deputy and to have made significant inroads into them by the end of this year.

dania

Re: http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/scrudu/citizenship_

Post by dania » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:42 am

an_immigrant wrote:Hi all, here is a great source of data to keep track of the past and present applications so far. Please keep updating this datasheet bearing in mind we will all benefit from it and thank you to Scrudu for initiating it once again... kind regards.

http://www.editgrid.com/explore/user/ ... hip_apps
hello what about the people who applied for citizenship after 2009 there is no record of these people

dania

Post by dania » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:17 pm

i applied in may 2010 still waiting for decision ,i sent them letter for update,got letter today that my application is being processed in normal way and they will get in touch with me in due course (further processing team). i think the priority is for the pople with refugee status ,spouse of irish,and irish born child,it doesent matter if they r workin or not,or claiming social.And one more thing the people from pakistan ,some arab countries,iran etc have been waiting for long time and their decisions r pending ,do any body have any idea why these people r being treated in this way?????

dania

Post by dania » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:31 pm

mvk wrote:From Kildarestreet.com

Question 1007: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the average turnaround time for naturalisation applications for nationals from Pakistan; the reason for the specific delay in these cases; the number of these cases currently being with the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18741/12]

Alan Shatter (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Defence; Dublin South, Fine Gael)
There has been an enormous increase in the volume of applications for a certificate of naturalisation in recent years. In 2000 the number of applications made that year was just over 1,000 whereas last year the number was 25,671 - an increase of almost 2,500%. Quite clearly, this dramatic increase in volume has impacted on the capacity of the administrative system to process them and has given rise to a large volume of cases on hand. This gave rise to a situation where most cases were taking well over two years to complete.
When I came into Office just over a year ago there were about 22,000 cases on hands. I undertook to address this issue and committed to get to the stage that by the second quarter of this year the average processing time for standard cases would take six months. In this regard, a major effort has and continues to be made in reducing the time taken to process the generality of applications. In 2011 over 16,000 applications were dealt with. I expect to have made a decision on 12,000 applications by the end of May this year and a further 12,000 by year end. By contrast, in 2010, a decision was reached in just over 5,600 cases.
The primary aim over the past year has been to reduce the large volume of cases on hand as swiftly as possible and this has been achieved in the majority of cases.
By way of general comment, it is a statutory requirement that, inter alia, applicants for naturalisation be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. Quite clearly in those circumstances it is not possible to provide a specific date for the determination of an individual application. I can, however, inform the Deputy that steps are being taken to process all outstanding applications including those referred to by the Deputy and to have made significant inroads into them by the end of this year.
so what does this means that people from pakistan r specifically targetted along with people from some othe countries ,what they r checking and from where they checking. it is not fair and they should treat everybody equally it is not that people from certain countries can only be of bad character anybody or from from any country can be bad or good .it is my personal experience that people from certain countries r waiting long time for their decision. :(

dania

Post by dania » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:36 pm

department of justice equality and law reform

where is equality????????? :cry:

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:53 pm

dania wrote:so what does this means that people from pakistan r specifically targetted along with people from some othe countries ,what they r checking and from where they checking. it is not fair and they should treat everybody equally it is not that people from certain countries can only be of bad character anybody or from from any country can be bad or good .it is my personal experience that people from certain countries r waiting long time for their decision. :(
I imagine it's not that people from Pakistan are being targeted, just that it's a lot more difficult to work with state agencies/police in Pakistan to get accurate information than it would be, say from the States...

xyazx

Post by xyazx » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:56 pm

dania wrote:i applied in may 2010 still waiting for decision ,i sent them letter for update,got letter today that my application is being processed in normal way and they will get in touch with me in due course (further processing team). i think the priority is for the pople with refugee status ,spouse of irish,and irish born child,it doesent matter if they r workin or not,or claiming social.And one more thing the people from pakistan ,some arab countries,iran etc have been waiting for long time and their decisions r pending ,do any body have any idea why these people r being treated in this way?????
I applied in feb 2011 on as spouse of irish citizen i m still waiting

hunjra
Ireland

Post by hunjra » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:08 pm

dania wrote:
mvk wrote:From Kildarestreet.com

so what does this means that people from pakistan r specifically targetted along with people from some othe countries ,what they r checking and from where they checking. it is not fair and they should treat everybody equally it is not that people from certain countries can only be of bad character anybody or from from any country can be bad or good .it is my personal experience that people from certain countries r waiting long time for their decision. :(
100% agree with u i know friends of mine as well about 45 months waiting and lot of about 3 years ..and u can see how much get certificates for citizenship in ceremonies 2011 or 2012 ?? i didn't see pakistanies or other like us get certificates :( maybe some but i dont know really /i am waiting about 8 months but its okey but other waiting soo long time .. Pakistani as well humans ...they can checking backgrounds etc/ them right but soo long ?? but never loose hope they doing well and fast ,i hope end of this year will be good news for alls best of LUCK to alls :) be happy live happy :)
llll

dania

Post by dania » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Tandor wrote:
dania wrote:so what does this means that people from pakistan r specifically targetted along with people from some othe countries ,what they r checking and from where they checking. it is not fair and they should treat everybody equally it is not that people from certain countries can only be of bad character anybody or from from any country can be bad or good .it is my personal experience that people from certain countries r waiting long time for their decision. :(
I imagine it's not that people from Pakistan are being targeted, just that it's a lot more difficult to work with state agencies/police in Pakistan to get accurate information than it would be, say from the States...
for your kind information they r not asking the police or agencies from these countries about the character of applicants .this is some kind of international agency like cia from where they r seeking information and they should do the same for all the applicants istead of doing random checks or target people from certain countries. :cry: