ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of name while applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shishir30

Change of name while applying for ILR

Post by shishir30 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR in person in the Croydon office and little confused about how or where to write my changed name on the form.

My name is changed after marriage and now I have a middle name as well. My current passport and existing tier 1 visa still shows my previous name.

I have already got a UK deed pol to show my new name and my bank statements/salary slips also shows my new name.

However, on the SET(O) form, it is clearly asking for a name "as it appears in the current passport".

Although there is a section to specify other names I have got in past or been using where I can specify my new name but I am concerned if I will get a visa in old name or the new name.

I just want to avoid the hassle of sending passport again for name change un-necessarily if visa could be granted in the new name.

From your experience, any idea how to deal with this situation.

FYI.. I am applying in person in next 2 weeks and no time left to change the name on the current passport.

shishir30

Post by shishir30 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:44 pm

any idea experts??