ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 - Unmarried Partner (Spanish & Bulgarian)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:06 pm

The UKBA person told you wrong information. You can request the COA. And complain if you do not get it immediately.

But the COA will not help your girlfriend work even if you had it!

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Okei.. After calling to Sheffield again they ask why an EEA1 Application has been sent to them.

They say they can not handle them. They suggest to talk with LiverPool again and tell them they have to request the papers again.

OMG!!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:37 pm

At least Sheffield know what they are doing.

This is clearly supported by the HO guides.
Chapter 7, Section 2: ACCESSION STATE NATIONALS WHO JOINED IN MAY 2007 (A2 nationals) wrote:For spouses or civil partners of a national of an EEA Member State, other than Bulgaria and Romania, who is already exercising a Treaty Right in the United Kingdom, the most appropriate course may be for them to apply as the family member of a person exercising a Treaty Right. The application should be submitted on form EEA1.
This refers to extended family member as well.

Complain to the North West Customer Service Unit (NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk).

Residence documents for EEA nationals should be issued immediately.

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Thank you very much for the references

I will do the complain. I am still waiting for the answer of a lovely woman who called me to explain me the situation yesterday. May be she can do anything to fix it as soon as possible.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:10 pm

walterlTrapa wrote:I am still waiting for the answer of a lovely woman who called me to explain me the situation yesterday. May be she can do anything to fix it as soon as possible.
What did she say?

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Nothing, I sent the email at 15:15 on Friday.

Tomorrow I will try to contact again with her. I don´t have her number. :(

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Any new as far. :(

I think I am going to wait one hour more and if the woman doesn't call again, I will star calling to Livelpool again

Horrible!

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm

At the end I call to Liverpool to ask about my papers.

They said the cannot ask for my paper to Sheffield. They suggested to call to Sheffield and ask them to return my papers to Liverpool.

When I call to Sheffield they told me they cannot give me info about my application because they need to talk to my girlfriend.
I call again because I didn't understand why I told the new agent all my story. He didn't know what to do so he forwarded my question to his manager.

NOW they told me that I have to ask for Return all my papers back and fill a BR1 application and send it to Sheffield. They said too I don't have to be register in UK as Spanish to sponsor her (it is in the first page of the form: Settler people or Register people).

This people doesn´t know anything!!!.

The BR1 was the first think we applied in Croydon, I they told us to apply to EEA1.

I really don't know what to do. BR1 applications are taken 5 months to be handle.

:(

sealover35
Newly Registered

Post by sealover35 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:52 pm

hey i thought i was alone. i am in same situation. i am Bulgarian and my girlfriend is Lithuanian .. living together for 7 years. more than two years in UK. i didnt know which form to fill now i see u tried and it is not easy..

can u tell what are u planning to do now

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Sun May 13, 2012 5:34 pm

sealover35 wrote:hey i thought i was alone. i am in same situation. i am Bulgarian and my girlfriend is Lithuanian .. living together for 7 years. more than two years in UK. i didnt know which form to fill now i see u tried and it is not easy..

can u tell what are u planning to do now
After millions of calls and mail (and complaints) Finally my papers are handled in LiverPool.

The last Fridays they send us an email saying a decision has been made and we will received that decision by mail with all ours papers. So right now we are crossing finger :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Good, I hope it all works out for you.

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

whew

Post by smallpie » Wed May 16, 2012 12:40 am

walter,
i have been following yr story and situation with HO concerning yr gf.. its really time consuming and looks like HO dont knw at they are doing at all..pushing responsibilities frm one point to another...
but i hope u get gud news soon, all d best.

frm my experience, i (non-eu) applied as unmarried and was given a COA which allows me to work within 3rd week of applying, and my RC came the following week.. all in just 1month. (tho, that was my 2nd attempt). it was a BIG surprise to me and my partner. so i say HO sometimes jst do silly things and drag thier feet on applications.
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 am

Finally I can say the Registration Certificates have arrived!!.

My girlfriend now is free to Work!!! :)

Thank you every body who has supported us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

smallpie
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

good

Post by smallpie » Wed May 16, 2012 9:21 am

congratulations.. all the best with her job
CITIZENSHIP confirmed.

sealover35
Newly Registered

Post by sealover35 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:53 pm

walterlTrapa wrote:Finally I can say the Registration Certificates have arrived!!.

My girlfriend now is free to Work!!! :)

Thank you every body who has supported us.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Congrats! I am really happy you managed to get that permission.
I want to apply as well, but I am a little confused which forms you had to fill to get that permission to work for your girlfriend. Was it EEA1 and then BR1?
What documents you provided to prove durable relationship?. Where i need to send them.

Thank you

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Tue May 29, 2012 11:11 am

Well.

The most big problem you are going to have is they really don't know a thing.

They are two different ways. BR1 and EEA1.

Tee first one is a little tricky and it is going to take 6 month (and I am not joking, they are managing December application right now). The BR1 says the EEA member has to sponsor the Bulgarian/Romanian citizen (to be register the EEA1 has to send the EEA1 Form). One agent in Sheffield told me that is not "necessary" true if you problem you have been living together for two year.

I recommend going with EEA1 form being the EEA member who fill the form and his/her partner (unmarried partner) added in section 2.
The EAA1 form has to be sent to Liverpool. One important thing, MAKE VERY CLEAR you are applying for Register Certificate in a separate big sheet. I had a lot problem because the send my application to Sheffield because they saw my girlfriend's Bulgarian passport.

And.. that's all. Good Luck.

sealover35
Newly Registered

Post by sealover35 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:49 pm

I have sent my documents as well. I filled EEA1 and sent to Liverpool. Now time to wait. i hope i will get it ;)
walterlTrapa wrote:Well.

The most big problem you are going to have is they really don't know a thing.

They are two different ways. BR1 and EEA1.

Tee first one is a little tricky and it is going to take 6 month (and I am not joking, they are managing December application right now). The BR1 says the EEA member has to sponsor the Bulgarian/Romanian citizen (to be register the EEA1 has to send the EEA1 Form). One agent in Sheffield told me that is not "necessary" true if you problem you have been living together for two year.

I recommend going with EEA1 form being the EEA member who fill the form and his/her partner (unmarried partner) added in section 2.
The EAA1 form has to be sent to Liverpool. One important thing, MAKE VERY CLEAR you are applying for Register Certificate in a separate big sheet. I had a lot problem because the send my application to Sheffield because they saw my girlfriend's Bulgarian passport.

And.. that's all. Good Luck.

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Good Luck!!

sealover35
Newly Registered

Post by sealover35 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:44 pm

walterlTrapa wrote:Good Luck!!
Hey everybody. I have beed waiting for 6 month. I try to call liverpool from this number 0845 010 5200. But nobudy is answering. Is there a different number that u called. I searched on internet but couldnt find. I am sick of waiting my documants. And no information about them for so long time. Thanks

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 am

I cannot find what telephone number I was using. Sorry.
I found the number in this forum (a cheaper one).

If you cannot find it, try to send an email to LiverpoolEuro.PassportReturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Try to explain your situation and ask why it is taking a long time as it should be resolved in one month because the application is EEA1.

Ask for where are your papers right now. if they are in Sheffiel ask them why, because en Shefield are not going to manage your application as it is a EAA1 Form.

Good Luck

babadiado
Newly Registered

Post by babadiado » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:54 pm

walterlTrapa, have you received your registration certificate ?

I am French, my husband is Bulgarian, and we want to apply for the EEA1, but we don't know how long it takes when you send the documents.

We tried to book an appointment online for the Croydon office and they say there are no appointment available before May.

walterlTrapa

Post by walterlTrapa » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:12 pm

babadiado wrote:walterlTrapa, have you received your registration certificate ?

I am French, my husband is Bulgarian, and we want to apply for the EEA1, but we don't know how long it takes when you send the documents.

We tried to book an appointment online for the Croydon office and they say there are no appointment available before May.
Forget about Croydon, they cannot help you.

You have to sent the paper to Liverpool (Everything). As a EEA1 application it should be processed in 1 month my Law BUT they are going to try to send that application to Sheffield because there is a Bulgarian in the papers. In Sheffield only BR1 are processed (Bulgarian) and no EE1 so may sure your papers are handled by LiverPool... Call them!.

Try to read all my post in this thread again. and Good Luck!!