ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & FLR(M) same day success story at PEO (Solihull)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ekzecuive
Newly Registered

ILR & FLR(M) same day success story at PEO (Solihull)

Post by ekzecuive » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi

Having benefited from this forum over the last 5 years, I felt compelled to share my experience for ILR here so others can benefit specially those with families and young children

I live in Hertfordshire and booked an appointment for my ILR in PEO (Solihull) although Croydon was only 40 miles from my place but I do not regret this at all as I have a 2 month old daughter and did not want to be changing 3 different sets of trains and tubes or drive into Croydon in the morning rush hour

I booked my appointment for 10:00 am for my ILR and for my wife's FLR(M) at 2 pm on a Monday at PEO Solihull. We went to Birmingham on Sunday and stayed at local Travelodge which was only 10 minutes drive (and paid just £19 as I booked it well in advance Sunday night booking are cheap there)

I arrived at the PEO Solihull alone at 9:30 and was greeted by a smiling Security guard something which you dont see in Croydon. They then gave me a ticket number and I was called after 20 minutes where a very friendly lady asked for the follwoing documents
  • SET(O) Form
    Pay Slips
    Bank Statements
    Life in UK test
    Passport
My application was straightforward: 5 years (HSMP + Tier1) with same employer

I was then told that everything is fine and was asked to deposit the fee just few windows ahead in the same room. After fee submission I went back and waited for around 15 minutes to be lead into for biometrics by yet another smiling member of staff. Biometrics were done in 5 minutes and I was asked to come back after an hour and collect my paperwork. The time now was around 10:50 so I was out of the place in around an hour which is really impressive

I then went back to the hotel and we checked out and came back this time for my wife's appointment around 1:20 pm. Again the usual checks and then I was given my documents confirming my ILR and then we went on to get the wife's FLR(M) the same day as well and we left the PEO around 3 pm

2 days later the BRP arrived for both of us in the post

All in all a wonderful experience; so would recommend everyone (who can) to go to Solihull and not to Croydon

Advantages

Very very helpful staff
A small office where everything is on one floor so you don't have to run around like headless chicken
Application is checked first before fee payment is made
A nice high street to tour whilst you are waiting for you application to be processed
Affordable parking next to PEO at John Lewis (I think i paid in total £7 for using it twice)

Disadvantages

The PEO can be a bit tricky to find so would suggest that you look at street view first to give you an idea of surrounding

Hope it helps and feel free to ask any questions .. :D

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:37 pm

Congrats ekzecuive and thanks for sharing your success story !

vnkotak

Post by vnkotak » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Congrats ekzecuive...

I am in similar situation, next week I have appointments for ILR - for me and FLR(M) - for my wife.

One question, did case worker raised any questions while applying FLR(M) for your wife. I mean, when I contacted the UKBA customer service, they said that, we can't apply for FLR(M) until the BRP card has arrived.. We need to give BRP card as supporting evidence for extension of visa through FLR(M)

However, couple of my friends said, the approval letter that you get with ILR is sufficient to get the extension of FLR(M).

Your help will be really appreciated...

ekzecuive
Newly Registered

Post by ekzecuive » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:46 pm

@vnkotak

You will be fine.. The letter you will get is good enough. So relax and all the best.

Ekz

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:02 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR.

Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable PEO experience.

Good luck for your future.

vnkotak

Post by vnkotak » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:25 pm

ekzecuive wrote:@vnkotak

You will be fine.. The letter you will get is good enough. So relax and all the best.

Ekz
Thank's mate...

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Congrats ekzecuive ....

Thanks for sharing ...

zeevirgo

Re: ILR & FLR(M) same day success story at PEO (Solihull

Post by zeevirgo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi

One question ILR dependant needs to show
English test? What about in your wife's case
What documents you used for dependants

Thanks

ekzecuive wrote:Hi

Having benefited from this forum over the last 5 years, I felt compelled to share my experience for ILR here so others can benefit specially those with families and young children

I live in Hertfordshire and booked an appointment for my ILR in PEO (Solihull) although Croydon was only 40 miles from my place but I do not regret this at all as I have a 2 month old daughter and did not want to be changing 3 different sets of trains and tubes or drive into Croydon in the morning rush hour

I booked my appointment for 10:00 am for my ILR and for my wife's FLR(M) at 2 pm on a Monday at PEO Solihull. We went to Birmingham on Sunday and stayed at local Travelodge which was only 10 minutes drive (and paid just £19 as I booked it well in advance Sunday night booking are cheap there)

I arrived at the PEO Solihull alone at 9:30 and was greeted by a smiling Security guard something which you dont see in Croydon. They then gave me a ticket number and I was called after 20 minutes where a very friendly lady asked for the follwoing documents
  • SET(O) Form
    Pay Slips
    Bank Statements
    Life in UK test
    Passport
My application was straightforward: 5 years (HSMP + Tier1) with same employer

I was then told that everything is fine and was asked to deposit the fee just few windows ahead in the same room. After fee submission I went back and waited for around 15 minutes to be lead into for biometrics by yet another smiling member of staff. Biometrics were done in 5 minutes and I was asked to come back after an hour and collect my paperwork. The time now was around 10:50 so I was out of the place in around an hour which is really impressive

I then went back to the hotel and we checked out and came back this time for my wife's appointment around 1:20 pm. Again the usual checks and then I was given my documents confirming my ILR and then we went on to get the wife's FLR(M) the same day as well and we left the PEO around 3 pm

2 days later the BRP arrived for both of us in the post

All in all a wonderful experience; so would recommend everyone (who can) to go to Solihull and not to Croydon

Advantages

Very very helpful staff
A small office where everything is on one floor so you don't have to run around like headless chicken
Application is checked first before fee payment is made
A nice high street to tour whilst you are waiting for you application to be processed
Affordable parking next to PEO at John Lewis (I think i paid in total £7 for using it twice)

Disadvantages

The PEO can be a bit tricky to find so would suggest that you look at street view first to give you an idea of surrounding

Hope it helps and feel free to ask any questions .. :D
ZIC

ekzecuive
Newly Registered

Post by ekzecuive » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:28 am

One question ILR dependant needs to show
English test? What about in your wife's case
What documents you used for dependants
Documents for FLR(M)

My payslips (Last 6 months) .. My wife isn't working
My 6 months bank statements
Marriage Certificate