ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non eu partner visit visa to ireland refused in london

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

non eu partner visit visa to ireland refused in london

Post by MarksGrace » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi I recently applied for an irish multiple entry tourist visa and got refused by the embassy in london.... here's the thing.... My partner and I are not married but we've been in the relationship since January 2010, we moved in together October 2010 and had our son last January 2012 who now has an Irish passport.... I've been issued 3 Irish tourist visas throughout our relationship the first 2 were single entry and the 3rd one was a multiple entry which was advised by the guy at the london embassy that I should take coz I've been to Ireland several times already, they gave me a 1 year mult. entry from June 2010-June 2011.

So this time we want to go to Ireland so that my son can meet his Irish relatives for the first time.... When I submitted my application I was told by the woman in the embassy that I do not have proof of durable relationship coz we have not lived together for 2 years so I said we have a joint account and we have a son I included his long form birth cert with my application but she gave it back to me and said "having a child does not make the relationship durable" you have to pay the visa fee... I said okay I paid it coz I didn't even know at that time that it's free for unmarried partners.... So I was surprised when they rejected it.... She first gave me a letter saying I can't file for an appeal coz I submitted fraudulent info.... then on my way out she called me and asked the letter back then changed it to appealable after 2 months (which is pointless since our flight is in 4 days time) I spoke to her and asked why they rejected me... On the document it says that we don't have enough funds and enough documents.... So I said Madam I submitted a 6 month statement which shows that money comes into our joint account every friday... and having a £3000 planned overdraft is the same as having a credit card with £3000 limit... She then said well it's mainly because you don't have proof of durable relationship and you're applying for a multiple entry visa which means you might go into Ireland on your own... to which I replied... Madam we have a son then she asked me why I didn't submit the birth cert so I said because you gave it back to me when I submitted my application... she said where's his passport then I said I just got it today coz I applied for my visa and my sons' passport at the same time... Then she just said well sorry that's just it....

I feel so upset because I have more reason now than before to go to Ireland... and we only plan to stay there for 2 weeks which is proven by the fact that I included our flight details on my application..... So annoying.... Is it just me or is this a bit unfair?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:26 pm

unfair.can you please write in details what is your status in uk?what is your current nationality and your partner nationality? is your child hold irish passport? is he born in ireland ? etc etc

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

Post by MarksGrace » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:38 am

I have a student visa in the UK valid until the 17th of December 2012... the school scammed its students... I was told at the embassy that it closed 2010 whereas they issued me a letter confirming my enrollment last June 2010 and I was issued a mult. entry visa by the embassy valid for 1 year.... People were still paying the school until 2011.... Anyway.... I could not transfer or travel when we found out I was pregnant coz the pregnancy was difficult (bleeding all the time) and I needed to stay in bed for most of the days while I was pregnant.... I would never go to Ireland on my own coz my partner and I ALWAYS go together.... I even mentioned on the visa application letter that we would be applying for my residence card AFTER the trip to Ireland... I am so upset coz we spent £510 on our flights and £88 for the visa and I felt so embarassed trying to explain my situation to her.....

MarksGrace
Newly Registered

Post by MarksGrace » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:41 am

I am from the Philippines... my partner is Irish born citizen.... we met January 2010.... He introduced me to his family May 1 2010... He works in the UK... we've been on several holidays to Ireland and we travelled together... I even submitted my flight details showing that we're travelling together and would head back to London together....

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:30 pm

If you have joint bank account and relationship since 2010 + a child together how come you are still on student visa. I suggest to change it and apply as a family member of EU citizen. You will be allowed to work full-time and pay EU fees for studies.

As far as travelling to Ireland is concerned you are spouse of EU and can travel with your EU partner to anywhere in EU without any trouble (THEORY)

But airlines specially Ryanair are to say very narrow minded and see sticker in the passport and don't care about EU directive. (PRACTICE)

Travel to Belfast and go via road to IRL if it is such an issue. You are not going to be breaking/circumventing any immigration laws there.

Irisheddy

Embassy

Post by Irisheddy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:43 pm

I am so sorry for you Marksgrace. It just goes to show that our civil servants treat immigrants badly wherever they are situated. I regret to say that that is all too common.You should have been granted your visa . It was only that the clerk was looking for any reason to refuse.

I am surprised that your Irish partner did not accompany you to speak up for you. They would have treated him with more respect because he is irish. If i were you now i would make a complaint. Ring up and ask to speak to that clerk's supervisor and explain how you were shamefully treated. better still. Ask your partner to do it.

Rip v Winkle
Newly Registered

Post by Rip v Winkle » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:42 am

Irisheddy says
Ring up and ask to speak to that clerk's supervisor and explain how you were shamefully treated. better still. Ask your partner to do it.
While I feel much the same way you do, do you think that complaining will do any good ? It is possibly more likely to make things worse. I was told by a Government Minister that many civil servants take any form of complaint personally and subsequently wage a form of vendetta against the person who makes the complaint. Apparently there is nothing that can be done about it.

I think that Fatty Patty's advice, essentially to circumvent the visa office is spot on, although how Marksgrace could know this before trying the direct approach is a mystery.

Before anyone climbs in with the need to "protect our immigration system" , let me say I think that mistreating people who are unfamiliar with the workings of the INIS and associated agencies is no barrier at all to the real target - professional immigration fraud. In the end it only demeans us.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:28 pm

MarksGrace wrote:I am from the Philippines... my partner is Irish born citizen.... we met January 2010.... He introduced me to his family May 1 2010... He works in the UK... we've been on several holidays to Ireland and we travelled together... I even submitted my flight details showing that we're travelling together and would head back to London together....
Your partner works in the UK. You are his durable partner. If you apply for an article 10 residence card you would not need a visa for Ireland again.