ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (WP+T1) documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legalalien
United Kingdom

ILR (WP+T1) documents

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:42 am

I know this question has been exhausted here but I need someone to double check that I am ok with documents p60 and employer letter to cover 5years of wp and t1.
I have been with the same employer for 5 years, I have changed jobs within the same organisation same SOC code and to avoid queries by UKBA I have asked my HR department to write a letter as if I am applying as WP holder i.e. include SOC code and matching salary to ensure that the UKBA are satisfied that I have met my WP requirements between 2007 and 2010 i.e. still working within same SOC (even though the title is slightly different).

But the annoying HR department posted me a standard letter confirming start date, salary and job title and stated that it is my status at the time of typing the letter, do you thing this is adequate seeing that I am applying through T1 and p60s would confirm my WP years or do you t hink I should demand SOC confirmation specially to cover the job title change?

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:58 am

Hi Mate,

If you're applying on the basis of Tier1 you dont need to worry about getting the SOC letter you have to concentrate more on your points scoring.

Good luck for your ILR.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:00 am

Hi Smam,
I knew you will be first to respond as always...thanks
My points are top notch all payslips and statements and copies will be provided. Shall I submit this certificate, work permit letter and p60s? my worry is to provide evidence for work permit years

selva

Post by selva » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:10 am

legalalien wrote:Hi Smam,
I knew you will be first to respond as always...thanks
My points are top notch all payslips and statements and copies will be provided. Shall I submit this certificate, work permit letter and p60s? my worry is to provide evidence for work permit years
you don't need any SOC mentioned in employment letter. ask your employer to mention WP issue date and period you were in WP in ILR support letter.

since you are with same employer, one letter with WP info and other std info would be fine. I would highly recommend to include WP info in employer letter (no need SOC code there)

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 am

thanks Selva
Its seems my HR department wont go into specifics and will only issue standard letter confirming start date, salary and job title. I think I will just use that and will have wp letter and p60s as backup. Or I might ask my line manager to provide this letter (I can create the letter and just get them to check and sign it), the letter doesnt have to be from HR right?

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:44 pm

so, can anyone comment whether a letter from my manager rather than human resources would be acceptable by UKBA, it will be much easier to get my manager to write it (or I can just write it and get him to sign it)