ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

savings for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

naeed

savings for ILR

Post by naeed » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 am

Hi
I got appointment for ILR jr next week.
Do i need to have savings in my account.
Please reply.
Thanks

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:16 am

there are no specific maintenance requirements for ILRjr, I think as long as you show your income proof then you should be fine. Are you overdrawn?

naeed

Post by naeed » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:20 am

legalalien wrote:there are no specific maintenance requirements for ILRjr, I think as long as you show your income proof then you should be fine. Are you overdrawn?
Thanks legalalien
I would know about savings not maintenance and what do u mean by overdrawn?
Please reply
Thanks

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:06 pm

hi naeed, savings and maintenance is the same thing isnt it?
Anyways there is no specific rule that require you to have savings in your account when applying for ILR jr.
Overdrawn in terms of current account whether your balance goes below zero? Sorry it is not relevant to your question but I was just wondering in relation to section 5 of SET O, you know the one for earnings, rent etc. I think they use this section to assess whether you can maintain yourself without going on benefits.
But no, there are no requirements to keep savings for a specific amount of time (i.e. maintenance requirement as per Tier 1 and 2 applications and extension)