ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

zx\x

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cornixv
Newly Registered

zx\x

Post by Cornixv » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:11 pm

\x\z
Last edited by Cornixv on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chocolatelover
Newly Registered

Post by chocolatelover » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:02 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :lol:

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:44 am

Congratulations:)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:20 am

malakbaby2006, many congratulations. Hope your husband enjoys living in the UK and the two of you have a long and happy life together.

I have just been looking through some of your previous posts. One always hesitates to post a message saying something like ... you should not have a problem ... but looking at your previous posts, well lets lets put it this way ... I am totally un-amazed that your husband's visa was granted, and indeed granted so quickly.

Why? Simply a well-prepared application and one that clearly should have been granted.

After your husband arrives, don't forget to report that fact to the Tax Credits Office. The Tax Credits claim will need to be put into joint names. But as you are a British Citizen, that is totally OK even though your husband's visa will have a "No recourse to Public Funds" restriction on it. The relevant "small print" on this is contained in reg 3(2), Tax Credits (Immigration) Regulations 2003, and para 6B of the Immigration Rules.

Getting your husband added to the Tax Credits claim has a good side-effect. If he does not already have a National Insurance number then it will provoke the procedure to get him one at an early date.
John

Cornixv
Newly Registered

Post by Cornixv » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:44 pm

sdf
Last edited by Cornixv on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:50 pm

Thanks so much for the tax credit information I will certainly do that once he gets the NI number.
No actually, the other way around. Contact the Tax Credits Office shortly after he arrives .... even before he gets a NINO. On the new Tax Credits claim form, where it asks for his NINO, enter something such as "Not yet allocated".

What will happen next is that they will put in place the procedure to allocate a NINO, even before your husband starts a job. In other words, putting in the Tax Credits claim, in joint names, means he will get a NINO sooner than would otherwise be the case, which must be good news. I say that because, unfortunately there are employers out there who erroneously think that no NINO means no ability to work. If only life was that simple!
John

Cornixv
Newly Registered

Post by Cornixv » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:45 pm

vfsd
Last edited by Cornixv on Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMOOTH OPERATOR

nino

Post by SMOOTH OPERATOR » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:56 am

hi john

are u saying u automatically get a nino if ur british spouse include the other half's name on tax credit

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:46 am

are u saying u automatically get a nino if ur british spouse include the other half's name on tax credit
What I am saying is this. It seems that it is impossible for HMRC to process a Tax Credits claim unless they know the NINO of each of the claimants, so where a claimant does not yet have a NINO ... well they first ensure that a NINO is allocated before moving on to deal with the Tax Credits claim.

But I also say this. Where there is a couple living together, either married or unmarried, it is very wrong for the Tax Credits only to be claimed by one person. The claim must be made jointly. The Tax Credits legislation is very clear about that.

Finally, do not confuse the Tax Credits situation with the Child Benefit situation. Child Benefit is a single-claimant benefit. In respect of a couple living together the claimant can be either of the couple. It is only a convention that it is the woman that tends to be the claimant. It can just as easily be the father.

I make this point because a person with a "No recourse to Public Funds" restriction on their visa must not claim Child Benefit.
John