ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multipe schengen through Czech or France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

juanitajv
Newly Registered

Post by juanitajv » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm a South African on UK Res Perm as fam mem of EEA national (unmarried partner 9 years). Traveled recently to SA, with stop over in Madrid. To be safe I applied for schengen thru spain as 2 years ago I had a really bad experience with a connecting flight in France to SA (flew in to Orly, and catch connecting flight to from CDG, I'd done my research and did not need a schengen as my partner was traveling with me but they detained me in Orly and even thought I had the paper work and emails confirming my rights they did not understand me/know the rules) was nightmare! Anycase, to ensure this did not happen again I applied for multiple entry schengen thru spain (besides the Madrid stopover, I'm also going to Ibiza 1st week June with hen party so partner will not be coming with) submitted ALL evidence in March with a nice letter explaining the situation, but was only granted a 2x entry spanish visa, and only for the duration of my SA trip to cover the stopovers in Madrid. I was really annoyed, think it's a money making racket as this is not my first spanish one, they did the same 2 years ago (only issue for small duration). Now one of my best friends from SA will be moving to Berlin, and I want to visit her too before my trip to Spain, to keep it all under one schengen as I've had so many that my passport will be full soon, only got between 4 and 6 continiuous pages left (so 3 more schenens then it's full). Now also I DON'T want to apply thru Spain ever again, I promised myself I'll not give money to them again :evil:
:idea: I got the idea that I could apply thru Czech (this is supposed to be free I gather as my partner is Czech, his parents do this but they both live in SA so the situation might be different in applying over there) thing is since we are not married I have to prove my durable relationship (I thought I could send lease agreements and dual bank statements) and now I read on their web that I don't need a schengen when I'm traveling with or without my partner to Czh http://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_fo ... index.html
(I was planning on arranging for us to go to Germany thru Czh, we can say hi to the family before going on to my friend in Germany). What's the likelyhood of them issuing me one that's multiple and at least 3-6 mths? And if they reject on the basis of me not needing one, is there any ground I can stand on in appealing for one?
Reason I mentioned France in my topic, in my experience they were the most lenient with issuing schengens (last year I got a nice 3 month one from them, multipe entry) but this was done thru an agency and cost over £120 with extra fees. Now they've changed their systems too so not sure if they are more difficult now.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Your post is rather difficult to read. What do you really want to know?

What do you want to do? Where do you want to go?

juanitajv
Newly Registered

Mutliple schengen thr Czech Rep or France

Post by juanitajv » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Well I want to apply for a schengen through the Czech embassy, and I'm hoping that they will issue a multiple entry valid for 3-6 months? Was hoping to hear from people who has had expierience with them, and what their attitude is. I'm worried that they don't want to give me one as I read on the link that I supplied below, that I don't technically need one whether my eu national is traveling with me or not.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Others have posted that the Czech authorities would allow you to travel so long as you can demonstrate that you are the family member of an EU citizen.

Where do you want to go? Czech Rep or other?
Last edited by EUsmileWEallsmile on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 pm

juanitajv
Newly Registered

Post by juanitajv » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:27 am

Ok I read that - interesting.
The problem is, we are flying to Prague on Friday night, and Saturday we are traveling by train to Berlin and Sunday flying from Berlin to London. A week later, I'm traveling to Spain alone.

So I need to get a visa for sure, was hoping to get it thru Czh Embassy as it should be free seeing as my parther is Czech.. I'm also worried if I mention that I want it valid for multiple entries, and specify that I will be going to Spain for a week they'll say I have to apply thru Spain.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Multipe schengen through Czech or France

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:56 pm

juanitajv wrote: A week later, I'm traveling to Spain alone.
You need a visa then.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Just read your other post. You have an article 10 residence card that allows you to travel visa free (but only if you are accompanying or joining your EU family member). Therefore you will still need a visa if traveling to Spain alone.

juanitajv
Newly Registered

Post by juanitajv » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Yes I thought as much..do you think I would be able to get the schengen on the grounds that I am a family member? Would they recognise me as an un-married partner? Would I qualify to get it free seeing as he is Czech and I'm applying throught the Czech Embassy?

According to this I may - what's your opinion:

http://www.mzv.cz/jnp/en/information_fo ... index.html