ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT issue @ croydon 18/04

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smoothturbo

IT issue @ croydon 18/04

Post by smoothturbo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 am

Yep! Yet another victim of IT issue! Seems like they are just picking random people, specially the ones without a 'representitive'! I had my appointment at 12pm, my token never got called until 4pm, only to be told 10mins later what I was dreading to hear! It's pretty obvious they cannot cope with the huge number of applications they are recieving...I was seriously considering going all the way to Solihull or Cardiff from croydon(where I live) but with a month old baby the long trek would've been a nightmare...so I would say avoid croydon if u can!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:47 am

That’s correct smoothturbo. I live an hour drive from Croydon but avoiding it myself.

I first thought these are genuine IT issues, but I have started to suspect that these are just lame excuses as they can’t cope with the load in Croydon.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:18 am

I live 20 mins away from Croydon, but went to Solihull. Much relaxed atmosphere and stress free...worth the drive. strongly recommend

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:19 am

I completely agree with you vinaya

seunmail
Newly Registered

Post by seunmail » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Thst is not true, it now happens in all PEO. I was at Sheffield and they have the same excuse..... still waiting...

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:47 pm

so once the system is back up and running why arent they giving priority to those whos applications have been delayed?? there are a few people on this forum who has been waiting nearly 3 weeks now!! they are spreading this IT issues to other PEO's to make it look like its a genuine problem! disgraceful!

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:01 pm

I suspect this IT issue is no staff to process applications. There seems to be a four week discrepancy between so called issue dates (postal applications) and the sending out of passports. originally started as a week!

Originally a Croydon problem I wonder if they are sending paperwork to other PEO's to be processed and spreading the 'IT' issues as a result.

Painfully slow postal applications, increasing 'backdating' of issue dates, delays due to IT problems meaning 'same day' applications took a week now 3-4 weeks!

Sounds like a government department in near meltdown to me!

Balaji88
Newly Registered

Post by Balaji88 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:28 pm

I was aruged with Case worker anything will happen to my application

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Balaji88 wrote:I was aruged with Case worker anything will happen to my application
The argument with caseworker should have no bearing on outcome of your application.
They have to assign the reason of rejection, so unless they find any problem with your application and documentation, you will be OK.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

Balaji88
Newly Registered

Post by Balaji88 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:40 pm

I went to liverpool office for SET(O) one day appointment due to IT issues they said we will post your application. I argued with case worker what is the point of taking one day appointment.

My question is I argued with case worker. they will do any late process to my application.

Can someone can help above question.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:14 am

I don't think it is a workload issue or a scam as some people have alleged. Some points to ponder:

(1) PEO is not a same day service
(2) the issue seems to have become rampant since biometric card was introduced for more categories
(3) if it was related to workload, UKBA could have always managed it by restricting the number of appointments they release. They set the number of slots available - and therefore know how much work-activity to expect every day.
(4) even if in certain cases the application could not be assessed due to shortage of staff, they would have given you the actual eason, as they are under no obligation to process it on the day itself.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:31 am

I completely agree with push.

Patagonian

Post by Patagonian » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:41 am

push wrote:I don't think it is a workload issue or a scam as some people have alleged. Some points to ponder:

Agreed but the UKBA website advertises it as such - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/

"This page explains how you can book an appointment to use our 'premium service' (same-day service) at a public enquiry office in the UK."

Clearly if an application is complex or requires further enquiries, it will not be decided on the day but for straightforward applications the expectation is for a decision on the day. This is definitely a case of misleading advertising which would almost certainly be addressed if a private company was involved
push wrote:(2) the issue seems to have become rampant since biometric card was introduced for more categories
Yep.. I suspect this may be the root cause of the problem - thousands more biometric enrollments are now required and the system simply can't cope.

smoothturbo

Post by smoothturbo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:17 pm

so why is it taking them 3-4 weeks to process those straightforward applications which has been affected by the IT issue? doesnt it look like they are just shoving all these IT affected applications to a corner and taking on more applications which is causing this delay?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Patagonian wrote:
push wrote:I don't think it is a workload issue or a scam as some people have alleged. Some points to ponder:

Agreed but the UKBA website advertises it as such - http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/

"This page explains how you can book an appointment to use our 'premium service' (same-day service) at a public enquiry office in the UK."

Clearly if an application is complex or requires further enquiries, it will not be decided on the day but for straightforward applications the expectation is for a decision on the day. This is definitely a case of misleading advertising which would almost certainly be addressed if a private company was involved
the linked page also says that

Service standard
Our published service standards describe how quickly we aim to decide different types of application.For charged applications submitted in person at a public enquiry office, our service standard says that we will decide 90 per cent of cases within 24 hours.
I am sure that UKBA is still meeting that stated target in spite of some delays related to the reported IT issues. I therefore do not believe that UKBA is providing any misleading information or an advertisement that you call it to be.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:36 pm

smoothturbo wrote:so why is it taking them 3-4 weeks to process those straightforward applications which has been affected by the IT issue? doesnt it look like they are just shoving all these IT affected applications to a corner and taking on more applications which is causing this delay?
I think, probably because once an application can not be decided on the same day, it gets pushed own in the order as the UKBA staff has to deal with another set of applications the next day and the after that and so on. This is pure speculation as I do not how UKBA allocates resources to such applications.
regards,
push

Balaji88
Newly Registered

ILR IT issues in LIVERPOOL Very Urgent

Post by Balaji88 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:32 am

Hi

I applied on April 18th SET(O) one day appointment due to IT issues. They said we will send by post. Did any got any call from UKBA.

Is there any faces same issue one on this date at Liverpool UKBA.

If any knowns anything please update.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Agree with Push and Greenie

The problem I have is that if Biometric system is failing most of the time, why don't they issue a reference letter to people who have already booked the appointment and they can appear at any of the post office which does the Biometric at a convenient time and when you do go to PEO the biometric details are there on their system.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.