ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hoorain
Newly Registered

family visa

Post by hoorain » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:49 am

help and read my post pls stop picking on mistakes in english if you are a realguru only then answer.

PostPosted: 03/04/2012 Post subject: unmarried partner urgent advice needed pls. Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
hi im a uk resident and want to sponser my family from pakistan'. i have been to several lawers and im confused one says apply for spouse visa another for fiance visa and the third one suggests ishould apply for un married partner visa. here are my details pls. help as im scared of refusal thanks in advance.
i was married to xwife who was eu national[spanish].
recieved my ilr on married bases in 2004.and obtained decree absolute in 2007 ,but i got islamic nikah in pakistan in 2004 and have two children son
is nearly 7years old and daughter is nearly 4years old. . and my wife is expecting inshallah on 23d may 2012 our third child.
my last marriage broke up because the x never wanted to have children and i told her iwant kids she allowed me to have kids in pakistan with second wife as long as she stays in pakistan and doesnt come to uk.i agreed and did nikah in pakistan.In next three years of nikah iwould visit my wife in pakistan and my x was not very happy about it so we broke up and divorced.Now im faced with this problem what is the best corse of action and which category to apply as lawers tellme idid nikah before decree absolute and cant apply as spouse visa so pls tell me which visa ishould apply spouse;fiancee or unmarried partner and what are my chances as my my wife is expecting our third child inshallah on 23rd may and i want to travel to pakistan approx.on 15th may and apply for visa of my family straight after birth of our baby i have about three months bank statements with £600 to £700 per week going in and a saving of about £3000 over a period of three months though i work in london but i have rented a 3bed house in leeds as its too costly to rent in london iwant to know is that objectionable as i work in london and proposed accomodation for my family is in leeds i plan to say in my letter that iwill be visiting my family on weekends is this classed as our accepted as living togather as one lawer says its not acceptable and the other says its ok.I have already installed bt land line and internet connection as proof of bt bills as utility as the land lord shares the accomodation as its a four bed house and all other utility bills are in his name but £435/month rent shows as house rent on my bank statement i have been to pakistan to see my family 2 or 3 times every year since 2004 is that proof enough for eco of my relationship with my partner if i go ahead with fiancee or unmarried partner route has any one applied in these catogories as in my case before divirce and got visa pls. help me as time is running out for me and if i need more proofs can you all pls.help as my children are finding it very difficult to live away from there baba[father] so pls. all help me to a successfull visa inshallah thanks. Rolling Eyes

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: family visa

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:32 am

hoorain wrote:read my post
If only that were possible!

Trytohelp
Newly Registered

Try

Post by Trytohelp » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:57 am

From what you say
It is best to apply for fiancé visa
But you need to build up your case with good supporting evidence
Show strong evidence of employment
Make sure you get a accomodation report
As for ŷöü living in Leeds and working in London not too sure about that,
Is your employment a full time permanent position and what evidence of contact do you have with your wife over the last few years,
Send me your email and I can email ŷöü a list of documents you will possibly need
But remember to prepare well and don't rush and take a chance make it a calculated chance to avoid disappointment.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:54 am

Hi hoorain

Here is what I understand from your post:

- You are a holder of ILR
- Married to someone here in the UK
- Also married to another woman in Pakistan (through religious marriage), which is not recognised in the UK, since you are already married to your first wife.
- You are about to divorce your first wife

My suggestion

- So legally you are still married to your first wife
- Once you are legally divorced in the UK from your first wife
- I think you would apply for a fiancé VISA for your 'wife' in Pakistan
- When she is here, you can marry her and convert the VISA to Spouse/FLR
- However I am not sure if you can bring your kids when applying for a fiancée VISA for your 'girlfriend/wife'
- I am not sure how your finances and accommodation would look to the ECO to get your kids here afterwords as well. Because you would need to show that your X is also getting any financial support if she needs from you even after the divorce.

To be honest with you, it feels so deceitful applying for a fiancée VISA for your SECOND wife.

There are many other points you would need to cover in order to obtain a fiancée VISA for your wife in Pakistan, such as relationship over some time with evidence etc. Doing so would be clear to the ECO that you might be dating another woman in Pakistan while you were married here in the UK. However I cannot judge whether the ECO will refuse or grant you the VISA, but from where I stand it seems like there are more chances of refusal unless you marry your second wife in Pakistan legally and bring her on a Spouse VISA together with your kids.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

msk1977

accommodation query

Post by msk1977 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi,

In the accommodation guidance thread http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6227

it is mentioned that max of 3 people are allowed in a house of with 3 rooms.
It is also mentioned that "rooms of a type used either as a living-room or bedroom"

So in a two bed room house with a living room 5 people can live.?

Thanks for any clarification.

pulse1

Post by pulse1 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 am

Hi MSK.

Guidance says - 3 rooms = 5 people. Is there anything I am missing?

hoorain
Newly Registered

Post by hoorain » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:03 am

hi thankyou all of you who have replied
ok here are my details again:
1. obtained ilr in 2004 on the bases of married to an eu national.

2.married my wife in pakistan in 2004.
3.decree absolute obtained in 2007 from uk.for first marriage.
4.i have 2kids 7 and 4 from my wife in pakistan and inshahallah expecting third child in mid may 2012.
5.rented accomodation 3bed in leeds.
6.earn 500 to 600 pounds per week.
7.no support for x wife as it was mutually agreed and un contested divorce..
8.have been sending maintenance money in my wifes account in pakistan.
9.travelled to middle east in 2006 togather with our son at the time only child of ours.
10.registered as self employed couriier so i deliver all over uk no perticular city based work.
11.i have about 5grand in the bank.
12.lots of photos and videos of childrens birthdays in parks etc.during my visists to pakistan since 2004 atleast twice a year.
so my friends have i got a shot at fiance visa or which category pls advise thanks .

hoorain
Newly Registered

Post by hoorain » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:06 am

4.i have 2kids 7 and 4 from my wife in pakistan and inshahallah expecting third child in mid may 2012.
9.travelled to middle east in 2006 togather with our son at the time only child of ours.
10.registered as self employed couriier so i deliver all over uk no perticular city based work.
12.lots of photos and videos of childrens birthdays in parks etc.during my visists to pakistan since 2004 atleast twice a year.
so my friends have i got a shot at fiance visa or which category pls advise thanks .

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 am

hoorain wrote:pls. all read my recent post and help thanks.

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.