ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree - Qualification Verification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nnj10

Degree - Qualification Verification

Post by nnj10 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:40 pm

Dear Forum Members,

I am holding a Bachelor of Engineering Degree, from Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara.
Do I need to get it verified with external agency before I can claim the points on HSMP form.

I read on this forum about the need of degree verification.
Also that applicant's get their degree verified by UK NARIC.

Forumites, please guide me for the need of degree evaluation, in order to cliam the points.

Thanks in Advance.

:?

freebirds

Post by freebirds » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:25 pm

www.naric.gov.uk
pay 30 pounds online
send ur all marks sheets final degree to them.
they will send u letter of comparibility in two or three weeks time.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:05 pm

Thanks for the Information, Freebirds

Again the update required is:
Should I send all of the following?
1) Degree Certificate
2) All Marksheets related to the degree (total 8 for 4 year Bachelors Degree course)
3) Educational Transcript - I do not have it right now. Would take much time to obtain from the university, as I am away from the town.

Thanks
nnj10

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:11 pm

Hi nnj10,

Should I send all of the following?
1) Degree Certificate
Yes (photocopy only)
2) All Marksheets related to the degree (total 8 for 4 year Bachelors Degree course)
Yes - again photocopies only.
3) Educational Transcript - I do not have it right now. Would take much time to obtain from the university, as I am away from the town
No need.

regards

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:41 am

For faster results go for Online application...they will show a completed form...print out the app form and fill credit card details...

Fax all required certificates to mentioned number on the printed form.

1. App form.
2. Cover letter
3. degree cert
4. All transcripts
Regards,

Pam Aujla

ravi_k_b
Newly Registered

Post by ravi_k_b » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:10 pm

Does the comparability report from NARIAC states the medium of study?
I mean does the report say that the degree is equivalent of UK degree and that it is taught in english?

As per the new rules its must that the degree should be taught in english and the degree certificate should mention that the degree is taught in english..?

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:48 am

Hi Ravi,

You brought up very important point here; whether NARIC would certify the degree was taught in English or not? We can ask while applying for the degree verificatio to NARIC in the cover letter to specify the same.
However, as per HSMP form, we anyhow have to get the university/college letter as required.

Did somebody appraoach NARIC with this requirement?
Pls. share your experience.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:20 am

nnj10 wrote:Hi Ravi,

You brought up very important point here; whether NARIC would certify the degree was taught in English or not? We can ask while applying for the degree verificatio to NARIC in the cover letter to specify the same.
However, as per HSMP form, we anyhow have to get the university/college letter as required.

Did somebody appraoach NARIC with this requirement?
Pls. share your experience.
Before approaching NARIC to quote that the education was in english, it would be more important to clarify if HO will accept this from NARIC.

I guess not.
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

Bhumi

English requirements-NAAric cant help

Post by Bhumi » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:00 pm

hi ,

i applied to Naaric just few days before the rules for HSMP changed. So once Home office informed about the new rules, i called up Naaric to ask whether they would be able to mention that the medium was English in my comparability report but they informed me that they only do comparability test and do not offer any service of this sort.

But i think since it was not needed until now, they have not been providing this service...but i guess they will start in near future. Afterall they will charge us and get more money for a small favour.

But , i got to agree..its a big headache contacting uni..in India (who dont even reply to your E-mails) asking them for a letter. I guess i need to find someone back home to do me this favour.

Anyone else has any updates please keep us updated.

Thx,

ravi_k_b
Newly Registered

Post by ravi_k_b » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:15 pm

Thanks Bhumi for the update.
I agree, see how annoying it is while you are in UK and get a letter from certificate from India stating that the course is taught in english..?

All engineering courses are taught only in english in most of the countries atleast in asian countries. In INDIA there is no university which teaches engineering in any other language other than english.

The rules says, even if english is the main language still you need to get letter.. this is too much..

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:42 am

Hi Bhoomi,

I have querry regarding sending the documents to NARIC.

Did you send your documents through courier? which courier service?
I am thinking to send it by DHL. Pls. share your experience.

Can't we send a scan copy of all the releveant documents to NARIC, through E-mail?

umeshsethi

New rules - no sending to naric for prof. or voc. degrees?

Post by umeshsethi » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:56 am

If i understand the new 7th Nov onwards rule correctly they state that whereas Naric can verify or judge equivalency for a academic degree, a letter from uk's relevant professional or vocational governing body will be needed for professional or vocational qualifications. Infact its not clear if both NARIC + dec. from UK professional body will be needed for professional of vocational quals. or only declaration from UK professional body.

Firstly it seems illogical, as it is the UK bodies are polite but generally refuse such requests ( to their own members i think) and why would they do so if we are not their members or linked with them. For example a CA from India asking UK body ?

2ndly - Is engineering considered academic or professional by HSMP people ... or other courses for that matter.

Senior members, Moderators PLEASE COMMENT

Umesh Sethi
Umesh Sethi

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:37 am

Hi Umesh,

I guess u r little confused...First clearly write what u r looking for..Which course u want to get evaluated? ...

For ur degrees, it is clearly wriiten NARIC is the right authority...Just visit NARIC at www.naric.org.uk...

There r already many posts in this regard...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

umeshsethi

Re: hi

Post by umeshsethi » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:47 am

paramjit2k wrote:Hi Umesh,

I guess u r little confused...First clearly write what u r looking for..Which course u want to get evaluated? ...

For ur degrees, it is clearly wriiten NARIC is the right authority...Just visit NARIC at www.naric.org.uk...

There r already many posts in this regard...
No , i am not really confused but i am sorry if i have confused you. The course in question was Engineering and the general concern i have raised is i believe valid and maybe for people with other courses as well.

If you kindly have a look at the Education section of new rules in the 33 pg guidance document , it does mention distinction of verifying / evaluation between a course considered "academic" and one considered "professional". For professional courses... what i have mentioned is also considered required as per the guidance documents ( which is a new thing) and i am pretty sure that i am not seeing things !

Perhaps Moderators can shed some light ?
Umesh Sethi

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:55 am

Hi Umesh,

I would like to agree with you in the matter of Degree Evaluation.

As such no where it is mentioned about evaluation of Graduate Degree in HSMP Guidance Notes. Is it really required?

Senior Members can throw some light on this matter.

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:04 am

nnj10 wrote:Hi Bhoomi,

I have querry regarding sending the documents to NARIC.

Did you send your documents through courier? which courier service?
I am thinking to send it by DHL. Pls. share your experience.

Can't we send a scan copy of all the releveant documents to NARIC, through E-mail?
The simplest...solution to send documents to Naaric is by Fax...

Once you register with Naaric..they will send you an E-mail in your inbox.In that E-mail they mention the methods of sending the documents to them. i called Naaric firstt to confirm the method..On confirmation on the phone, i got hold of the name of the person i spoke to and Within the next 10 min i faxed it to them and called them to confirm whether they received it and whether all information faxed is correct and thus the process was much faster with a confirmation that they received my documents.

So i would suggest you to do the same. Gives you peace of mind within matter of an hour. I am not sure of scanned documents. I guess if they accept fax..they should also accept scan.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:06 am

Hi Bhoomi,

Thanks for the information.
I did register; paid the charges online through credit card successfully.
In their mail; they said to send the documents through post or Fax on the number. I however have sent these documents, as PDF attachment in the mail message to info@naric.gov.uk
And still waiting for the confirmation from NARIC.
Their website is down since morning today.
I dont know should I send the documents again by fax or what? Still waiting for their confirmation.

Thanks,
nnj10

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:10 am

Hi nn j10,

There must be an Faz number mentioned on the confirmation letter..u need to Fax the documents to them..othewise u need to post them by courier...

So just fax tehm..it does not take more then 5 min
Regards,

Pam Aujla

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:17 am

Guys I hope we receive some authenticating document from NARIC. Do we then submit that document with our HSMP application. Sorry for my ignorance.

paramjit2k

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:19 am

Plz find corrections
paramjit2k wrote:Hi nn j10,

There must be an Fax number mentioned on the confirmation letter..u need to Fax the documents to them..othewise u need to post them by courier...

So just fax them..it does not take more then 5 min
Regards,

Pam Aujla

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:24 am

Dear first2last4...

When u use online service...upon completing for...they ask u to take print out of form or to save the form...u do recieve an email...

U need to take print out of that form..fill it and send it to NARIC...alongwith degree certificate and transcripts...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:35 am

paramjit2k wrote:Dear first2last4...

When u use online service...upon completing for...they ask u to take print out of form or to save the form...u do recieve an email...

U need to take print out of that form..fill it and send it to NARIC...alongwith degree certificate and transcripts...
Sorry Paramjit you missed my question.
To clarify:

When we receive the final evaluated document from NARIC confirming that our degree is equivalent to UK degree do we submit this with the HSMP application OR is it just for our knowledge.

paramjit2k

hi

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:48 am

what should i answer for this...U answer urself..why u r getting ur degree evaluated...it is for the HSMP purpose only..if u dont submi with application..how do they know u got it evaluated...
Regards,

Pam Aujla

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:52 am

paramjit2k wrote:what should i answer for this...U answer urself..why u r getting ur degree evaluated...it is for the HSMP purpose only..if u dont submi with application..how do they know u got it evaluated...
Well I didnt know the process and thats why apologized my ignorance in advance. Its the matter of HO which needs to be dealt with utmost care.
There is a saying in Hindi
'Doodh ka jala Matthe ko bhi phok phok kar pita hai' :)

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:22 pm

Hi Paramjit,

The NARIC Website status shows: Awaiting Documents Credit Card.Can somebody help. I will fax the required docs. very soon.

Thanks,
NNJ10