ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit Holder issued in Dec 2007 - ILR Due in Dec 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

silver2007
Newly Registered

Work Permit Holder issued in Dec 2007 - ILR Due in Dec 2012

Post by silver2007 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:53 pm

I am qualified ACCA, On a work permit visas issued in dec 2007, working for same employer in accounting practice, at the time of visas salary £19K p.a currently i am on £28k p.a. I passed all ACCA exams in Dec 2009 exams. came to UK in June 2004 on Student Visa.

My question is as per current rules, how much of minimum income is required for me to qualify for ILR.

Please Help !!!

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:24 am

Hi Silver
You need to check SOC codes for accountants via this link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Your employer would need to match your code, which I gather from the document above is 2421. The minimum rate for newly fully qualified ACCA is £27000 so I guess your employer will have to match you to this, and at the current salary you are above the minimum requirement.

I wonder whether the £33000 threshold applies to you as you will have two years post qualification experience? I am not really familiar with your field so not sure if 2 years is substantial experience to warrant this level of minimum salary.

I would ask seniors or more experienced board members to comment on whether or not the UKBA accept your employers match to a newly qualified level £27k or if they would say the minimum should be £33K as you would have two years experience?

Smam

Post by Smam » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:58 am

Hi

I my self is on WP and currently working as a Assistant Financial Controller but I've done my MBA in Financial Management back in 2004 and in 2007 I got the WP and working for the same employer.

To the best of my understanding if you've got the Charter from the ICAEW then you'll have to ask your company to increase your pay till £33 K which will be applicable to you at the time of your ILR application.

But then again I really agree with Legalian that try get some more exp advice from the Gurus, Mods and other senior members of this forum.

Good luck for your ILR.