ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Gen ext confusion in applic date /visa stamped date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

furqansiddiqui
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Gen ext confusion in applic date /visa stamped date

Post by furqansiddiqui » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:08 pm

I applied for Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before the 06 April 2010 on 09 July 2009 in person APPLICATION AND payment also paid on same day but home office advise me they have to do further checks.
* At that time of application made my Age was under 28.
* My Visa was stamped after approx. 12 months on 28 June 2010 which is valid until 28 June 2013

I WAS AWARDED POINTS AS
* AGE = 20 PTS (UNDER 28, I WAS 27 year and 11 months)
* QUALIFICATIONS = 35 PTS (MASTER DEGREE FROM UK GLASGOW CALEDONIAN UNIVERSITY)
* EARNINGS = 15 PTS (£20,000)
* UK EXPERIENCE = 5 PTS
* ENGLISH LANGUAGE = 10 PTS
* MAINTENCE = 10 PTS

THE CONFUSION IS WHEN I AM APPLYING FOR MY EXTENSION
DO I QUALIFY FOR THE AGE UNDER 28 YEARS OR NOT ? AS ON MY FIRST APPLICATION DATE I WAS UNDER 28... BUT THE TIME WHEN VISA STAMPED I WAS 28 +....
As far as my knowledge I will be awarded 20 pts on the basis of the application form was submitted in person at a Public Enquiry Office, the date on which the application and associated payment was accepted was 9th July 2009.

*** please senior members assist me***

WRS

Post by WRS » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

The points for age will be the same what were awarded in the initial grant of visa. Hence you'll get 20 points now if you got 20 points then.