ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to partner visa from Tier 5. (partner tier 2)

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rosielf
Newly Registered

Switching to partner visa from Tier 5. (partner tier 2)

Post by rosielf » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey there

I am writing because a lot of the other similar topics are regarding individuals wanting to get an umarried partner visa for their partners who are a UK national, or in UK on ancestry visa

In my situation, my partner has just been granted a tier 2 visa (sponsorship). I have a year left on my visa (expiring April 2013) and want to know if I can get an umarried partner visa from his tier 2.

Our proof of 2 years living together coincides pretty much at the same time that my YMV expires. i.e when I moved over here I moved in with him.

I understand that I will need to apply from NZ, because my tier 5 will expire then anyway, and also because I believe this is part of the criteria.

I am wanting to know if

a) there is a funny clause where I am not eligible because I have just finished a visa (is there a stand down period) and

b) being on tier 2 is my partner able to have an unmarried partner connected to him?

any info on unmarried partner visa eligibility switching from tier 5 and whether it is possible for a partner of tier 2 visa holder NOT BRITISH CITIZEN OR ANCESTRY?

Thanks

42_below
Newly Registered

Post by 42_below » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi rosielf

Did you ever find out the answer to your questions? I'm in an almost identical situation (except my partner is on a Tier 1 visa), and have the same questions.

I'm also confused about whether I need to return to New Zealand to apply for the new visa, as the new application forms and guidance released this month no longer seem to state this. Are you able to offer any guidance from your experience?

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:36 am

You have to apply from new Zealand.

stillbatt
Newly Registered

Post by stillbatt » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:12 am

I plan to call the UK Border Agency again tomorrow armed with the legislation and give them a bit more of a grilling about this, but in the meantime does anyone have any advice on this?