ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Relevant Tier 1 renewal questions for all

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

obama11
Newly Registered

Relevant Tier 1 renewal questions for all

Post by obama11 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:04 pm

Moderators + All,

I have few questions that I will like a quick clarification.

1. I don't understand the issue of Biometric residence permit. I did my 10 finger prints before i got my Tier 1 general UK VISA. Am I expected to do the Biometric permit again? how? when? can it be done together with the Tier 1 renewal process which will be done towards the end of the year. Please advise.

2. For a self employed applicant, should the maintenance fund reside in the personal account or business account(sole account which also have the same name as the personal account but trading as the business name).

3. If my Tier 1 VISA expries on 3rd of December 2011, is it the best option to apply by post for renewal on 1st of November, 2011 ?

4a. Can we say that a Tier 1 applicant is receiving public funds if she is not paying council tax(applicant had been exempted from paying council tax based on the fact that she is also a legal full time UK university student).

4b. How does the above affect the spouse?

4c. Is it proper for the Tier 1 applicant in (4a) above not to pay council tax since she is also a genuine legal UK full time university student.

I will not hesistate to ask further questions to clarify things.

Thank you.
Obama, uk

mskhan

Re: Relevant Tier 1 renewal questions for all

Post by mskhan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:02 pm

1. I don't understand the issue of Biometric residence permit. I did my 10 finger prints before i got my Tier 1 general UK VISA. Am I expected to do the Biometric permit again? how? when? can it be done together with the Tier 1 renewal process which will be done towards the end of the year. Please advise.

You will be asked to do biometrics after your postal application and on the same day for PEO application.

3. If my Tier 1 VISA expries on 3rd of December 2011, is it the best option to apply by post for renewal on 1st of November, 2011 ?

Its upto you.

4a. Can we say that a Tier 1 applicant is receiving public funds if she is not paying council tax(applicant had been exempted from paying council tax based on the fact that she is also a legal full time UK university student).

I dont think so

obama11
Newly Registered

Post by obama11 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm sorry..not all the questions(2,4b, 4c) were answered.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Mskhan has helped answer the questions he/she is familiar with. If other members can help with the un-answered ones, they will when they can.

ddb
United Kingdom

Re: Relevant Tier 1 renewal questions for all

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:12 pm

obama11 wrote:2. For a self employed applicant, should the maintenance fund reside in the personal account or business account(sole account which also have the same name as the personal account but trading as the business name).
It does not matter which account is used for a self employed applicant, but I'd suggest using the personal account.
obama11 wrote:4b. How does the above affect the spouse?
It has no effect.
obama11 wrote:4c. Is it proper for the Tier 1 applicant in (4a) above not to pay council tax since she is also a genuine legal UK full time university student.
Yes.

obama11
Newly Registered

Post by obama11 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 pm

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

FUTHERMORE, is Police registration certificates compulsory for Tier 1 renewal? Please i need to know more.
thank you.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:52 pm

If a police registration was required after the initial leave was granted, the applicant would be still be required register with the police after getting extension (that is unless their home country has been recently taken off the list).

obama11
Newly Registered

Post by obama11 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Thank you very much.
But I'm still not very clear about this.

Thank you.

ddb
United Kingdom

Post by ddb » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:03 pm

When you got your Tier 1 (General) visa, were you required to register with the police? Did your visa/brp card show that you are required to register with the police? If yes, then you will still be required to do so upon successfully extending your visa.

Basically, if your home country is on this list (Appendix 2), you will have to register with the police if you successfully renew your visa.
Last edited by ddb on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

obama11
Newly Registered

Post by obama11 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:55 pm

Thank you very much.

amir khan
Newly Registered

Post by amir khan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi

I applied for further extension application of Tier-1 General) and I fixed my maintenance fund in my business account I am registered as self employed. Now I received a letter from my application case worker he did not consider my business bank statement and he asked for produce any other account bank statement with same maintenance fund amount. I have no other account with the same amount plz help me and give some advice what I have to do at this stage.

Many thanks