ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds for Dependents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_abc
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds for Dependents

Post by tier1_abc » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi to All,

I am due for tier1 extension in September 2012 and i am in the UK since Aug. 2011 and my dependents has joined me in Nov. 11.

By Sep. 12, i will be in the UK for more than 12 months and hence my main. funds will be £ 900 and my 2 dependents 2*600 = 1200, thus total £ 2100 i need to show for 3 months.

my doubt is that by sep. 12, my dependents will not complete the 12 months stay in UK so do they need to show £ 1600 each. 99% i am sure that they need to show only £600 each as i will complete 13 months in UK by sep. 12., but bit confused so want to confirm. please answer my query

Also i would like to know is ther any chnages regarding the duration of 3 months period.

Thanks

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Maintenance Funds for Dependents

Post by silent_warrior » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:36 pm

tier1_abc wrote:Hi to All,

I am due for tier1 extension in September 2012 and i am in the UK since Aug. 2011 and my dependents has joined me in Nov. 11.

By Sep. 12, i will be in the UK for more than 12 months and hence my main. funds will be £ 900 and my 2 dependents 2*600 = 1200, thus total £ 2100 i need to show for 3 months.

my doubt is that by sep. 12, my dependents will not complete the 12 months stay in UK so do they need to show £ 1600 each. 99% i am sure that they need to show only £600 each as i will complete 13 months in UK by sep. 12., but bit confused so want to confirm. please answer my query

Also i would like to know is ther any chnages regarding the duration of 3 months period.

Thanks
The maintenance funds is based on the period the main applicant has been in the UK. Whether or not the dependents have been here for 12 months or less is irrelevant
So yes, your funds if you apply in september would be £600 for each dependant
About any changes, its best you keep reading guidance notes and other immigration news regularly on UKBA website
link for guidance notes for dependents
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ependants/

guaravd

Re: Maintenance Funds for Dependents

Post by guaravd » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:50 pm

tier1_abc wrote:Hi to All,

Thanks
Hi,

Just to clarify here that from 14 June 2012 there are Increased funds required for Tier 1 applications under which if Dependents of Tier 1 applicant who has been in the UK for less than 12 months will have to show a maintenance fund of £1,800.

Refer to the UKBA link below:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ce-changes

Here's the link for more clarification from other post:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Make sure you refer to guidance and do your own research as well.

tier1_abc
Newly Registered

Post by tier1_abc » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi Guaravd,

Thanks for the details actually i have gone through the links and has got confused.

So in my case i need to maintain £1800 each for dependents, since they are in the UK for less than 12 months.

If you compare with the previous main. funds limit, it seems bit confusting right, thus i want to clarify.

So i need to maintain £900 for me and £3600 for 2, so total i need to maintain £ 4500. please confirm

Thanks

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:27 pm

tier1_abc wrote:Hi Guaravd,

Thanks for the details actually i have gone through the links and has got confused.

So in my case i need to maintain £1800 each for dependents, since they are in the UK for less than 12 months.

If you compare with the previous main. funds limit, it seems bit confusting right, thus i want to clarify.

So i need to maintain £900 for me and £3600 for 2, so total i need to maintain £ 4500. please confirm

Thanks
I agree with you tier1_abc its bit confusing. Your calculations are absolutely correct. Best of Luck !!