ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how much year for ILR and British citizenship?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Otake

how much year for ILR and British citizenship?

Post by Otake » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:40 pm

I suppouse 4 year for ILR. What about British citizenship?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:54 pm

If married to a British Citizen

1. You can apply for naturalisation once you are grantred ILR - I know people who have gone straight from the Home Office in Croydon after getting their ILR stamp to the Post Office in the shopping mall opposite to send of their naturalisation application.

If not married to a BC

1. You must hold ILR for 1 year before you can make a naturalisation application.

In all cases you must meet specific residence requirements, pass langauge tests, pass character and security checks and attend a citizenship ceremony. Check for posts on the forum by 'zimbo' - this topic has been discussed extensively therein.

Otake

Post by Otake » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:47 am

Thank you very much Kayalami.

nyrnu
Newly Registered

Post by nyrnu » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:16 pm

Kayalami wrote:If married to a British Citizen

1. You can apply for naturalisation once you are grantred ILR - I know people who have gone straight from the Home Office in Croydon after getting their ILR stamp to the Post Office in the shopping mall opposite to send of their naturalisation application.
Hi, K.

Does this policy has any change?
because my friend told me the spouse (if married to BC) now need to hold ILR for 1 yr before apply naturalisation. Just want to confirm if there is any changes.

Also, the relevant regulation I can find is BN7-Naturalisation as British Citizen. Any other relevant regulation/rule?

Thanks,

nyrnu