ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important Tier 1 extension question relevant to everyone

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ammu1234

Important Tier 1 extension question relevant to everyone

Post by ammu1234 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:15 am

Hi....my current Tier 1 visa expires on the 1st week of July 2012 and I am thinking of applying for extension in May 2012 rather than June as I have to travel in July. My questions:

1. will the date on my visa renewal would be the date of my application or the date my application gets reviewed/approved?

2. Will it have any impact on my ILR? I thought if I apply in May and hopefully it will get approved in June , I will be short of one month...4 years 11 month??

Hoping for seniors prompt response

Thanks

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Important Tier 1 extension question relevant to everyone

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:32 am

ammu1234 wrote:Hi....my current Tier 1 visa expires on the 1st week of July 2012 and I am thinking of applying for extension in May 2012 rather than June as I have to travel in July. My questions:

1. will the date on my visa renewal would be the date of my application or the date my application gets reviewed/approved?

2. Will it have any impact on my ILR? I thought if I apply in May and hopefully it will get approved in June , I will be short of one month...4 years 11 month??

Thanks
Both these questions have been discussed on numerous occasions on the forum, please bother searching before posting.

Extension valid from date is at CW discretion. Most likely than not, you will be granted extended visa from the date your application is approved, if you apply any more than 30 days in advance

Depending on the above, you may struggle for complete 5 years which is required for ILR.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

WRS

Post by WRS » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 am

1. If you apply earlier than 28 days from your visa expiry then the date on you visa renewal would be the date the decision is taken and not from the expiry of your current visa.

2. You are keeping a margin of 1 month and have plans to travel in June. Excercise caution here! the current processing is taking upto 3 months for the processing and you may end up to cancel your travel plans.

Your ILR may not be affected! Since under the current rules you are eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before your 5 years are completed.

ammu1234

Post by ammu1234 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:12 am

@WRS ...if they are taking 3 months for processing wont it be better to apply early as by the time they make a decision would probably be in June or July which would mean I would meet the ILR requirement. I am planning to travel in July

ammu1234

Post by ammu1234 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:37 am

anyone??

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:42 am

ammu1234 wrote:anyone??
There are lot of ifs and buts in what you are asking. What if you become special and your case is decided in 2 weeks? All your calculations in alst post will be thrown out of window.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:43 am

They may take 3 months for some but not all. The stated performance target is to process 75% of applications in 4 weeks (and they be missing this but not by a vast margin). The majority of the straightforward applications will be in this group.

raja1082k1

Re: Important Tier 1 extension question relevant to everyone

Post by raja1082k1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:45 am

ammu1234 wrote:Hi....my current Tier 1 visa expires on the 1st week of July 2012 and I am thinking of applying for extension in May 2012 rather than June as I have to travel in July. My questions:

Thanks
I think you should be ok.

My visa is expiring on 8th May and I had applied for extn on 16th Feb(and so far done biometrics and awaiting extn & brp). By the time I get the extn letter it would be close to 8th May and the visa is expected to get extended from 8th May only.

Moreover I have seen people applying for extn quite early(upto 3 months early) and still have got extension from the initial expiry date. Also, even if you fall short by 1 month(considering that you were here in UK from day 1 of the initial visa date), you can still apply for ILR as one needs at least 4 yrs 11 months to apply the same.

ammu1234

Post by ammu1234 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Is the stated 4 weeks includes biometrics as well?? I have never had my biometrics done before.....the only worry is I have to travel in July so I guess I have to take that risk....what do you guys think?