ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HRMC and UTR Issue and tax (Please reply)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gmopla
Newly Registered

HRMC and UTR Issue and tax (Please reply)

Post by gmopla » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:19 am

Hi,

My extension in july. My accountant asked me to provide UTR no. I called HRMC they said, they dont have any record of my self employment!! then i called to self employment department and they said i am registered with them since end of 2009 and my NIC is paid and record is up to date!!

Self employment dept said HRMC should have all my records in their system.

I am keep ringing HRMC and they are saying same thing! last time they said they have passed my query to service department and it will take 3-4 weeks.

Please guide me what shall i do? can i ask my accountant to prepare my dcouments without UTR number??
Any guide please

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:26 am

Your accountant can still prepare your accounts - s/he or they will just not be able to file the associated self assessment return on your behalf yet. That will then take a couple of weeks beyond your paperwork being sorted out as they will need to get their agent registration for you completed.

As to what to do now .... well just wait for the registration issue to be sorted out by HMRC. By getting the ball rolling there you have done all that you can for now. By all means put in a courtesy call if things go quiet but calling them at this stage or worrying is basically going to be a bit of a waste of time/emotion.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

gmopla
Newly Registered

Post by gmopla » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks for your reply Mathew, if i send my visa and send self assessment return later, will it be ok.

Becuase HRMC gonna take 4 weeks to send UTR number them my account will take couple of weeks to get agent registeration to submit my tax returns.

i want to submit visa before 14th June, please reply thanks

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:45 am

Not really for me to say I'm afraid gmopla - I'm ultimately an accountant rather than a caseworker or visa agent. If you are using a solicitor or visa agent then speak with them or even call the UKBA call centre directly.

If you are working to unwavering, strict deadlines then there probably isn't too much in the way of options anyway.

All the best!
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:08 pm

As Matthew already said, i would strongly recommend to call UKBA customer service. Tell them the whole story and see if they can suggest you something.