ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for kids born in UK and parents are on Tier-1 status

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sids4all
Newly Registered

ILR for kids born in UK and parents are on Tier-1 status

Post by sids4all » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:41 am

We recently had a baby (UK born) who is 1 month old and I didn’t apply for dependant visa neither I have applied for his Indian passport. Me and my wife are currently on Tier-1 visa and are eligible for ILR in Sept 2012. So can I skip ILR for my baby and apply for my wife & myself and once we get our ILR stamped can I go with his naturalisation following for British passport? Or Do I need to first apply for his Indian passport then Tier-1 Dependant then apply for ILR along with us?

selva

Re: ILR for kids born in UK and parents are on Tier-1 status

Post by selva » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:44 am

sids4all wrote:We recently had a baby (UK born) who is 1 month old and I didn’t apply for dependant visa neither I have applied for his Indian passport. Me and my wife are currently on Tier-1 visa and are eligible for ILR in Sept 2012. So can I skip ILR for my baby and apply for my wife & myself and once we get our ILR stamped can I go with his naturalisation following for British passport? Or Do I need to first apply for his Indian passport then Tier-1 Dependant then apply for ILR along with us?
get your ILR and then you can register your baby as British citizen using MN1 form. yes you can skip him for ILR.

see the link below.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... de_mn1.pdf

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Yes, you can skip ILR as mentioned above.

The only thing you have to bear in mind is that, in case you need to travel to India (say for an emergency etc), you need to find someone here to leave the little one as obv he / she cannot travel without a passport.

I may sound like a pessimist but have seen it happen to a couple of my friends over the last 3 years.

It is upto you to decide whether you are happy with this risk until September.

Good Luck.