ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vaf5 family permit?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chtahir
Newly Registered

Re: Not received a reply.

Post by chtahir » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:45 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
chtahir wrote:Btw yes and we did provide them with the TB certf. we where asked by Gerrys when submitting the application
What exactly were you asked for by Gerrys?

Is anything in writing?

Did you have to pay for it?
Sorry for late reply, didnt have access to internet last few days.
We didnt have to pay for anything.
We where asked to hand in all the required docs for VAF5 + TB Certificate
I have a few emails which i received from Gerrys related to the application processing times.

This is what I received today:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Dear *****,

Thank you for your email. It is for your kind understanding that we at Gerry’s have no control over an application process time and duration. We will only be able to arrange collection once we are in possession of processed passport.EEA family permit application’s generally minimum process time is also 12 weeks and UKBA defines 1 week as 05 working days.

We appreciate all your understanding and trust.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:05 am

I have just been in touch with my line manager at work (the person who's details we put down on the application form as point of contact) and he has told me that no one from the border agency has even tried to contact him yet!

this is very strange..

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:41 pm

chtahir wrote:I have just been in touch with my line manager at work (the person who's details we put down on the application form as point of contact) and he has told me that no one from the border agency has even tried to contact him yet!
Why would they contact him?

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:46 pm

chtahir wrote:I have just been in touch with my line manager at work (the person who's details we put down on the application form as point of contact) and he has told me that no one from the border agency has even tried to contact him yet!
Why would they contact him?
Not sure but I thought they would verify my employment status with my employer.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:56 pm

chtahir wrote:Not sure but I thought they would verify my employment status with my employer.
To be honest with you, whether you are working or not has ZERO impact on a decision. They should not even be asking the question. And they will be really wasting their time if they call your employer for any reason.

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:15 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: To be honest with you, whether you are working or not has ZERO impact on a decision. They should not even be asking the question. And they will be really wasting their time if they call your employer for any reason.
Oh oki,
I cant think of any other reason on why they are taking so long then.
I send an email to the British High Commission asking about the process details last week I only provided them with the reference number of the application, got reply within a day asking for more details such as the name and paspoort number etc..

Send the details back and not heard anything since then..
Also send an email to the email address provided by UKBA for complaints, no reply from them either.

mind s just completely blank now not sure what these guys are doing..

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:14 pm

The timelines are outside what the UK publishes for visa applications.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

If we have taken more than 3 weeks (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can email the Gerry's, who will forward your email to us for reply.

The settlement bit is not relevant. Delays of more than three weeks are considered to be unreasonable (EU commission guidance to member states).

You will note that the UK are capable of issuing visas within two days in Pakistan. If they can do that for others, they can do much better than the months you've had to wait.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... ableAnchor

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:16 pm

chtahir wrote: We didnt have to pay for anything.
Does this statement include the TB test or did you have to pay a doctor for that?

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
Does this statement include the TB test or did you have to pay a doctor for that?

We had to pay the doctor for the TB test

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:52 am

Were you specifically chosen by a UKBA employee to get the TB test because, for instance, you look ill or you were coughing a lot?

Or is everyone who applies required to do the test?

How much did you have to pay for the test?

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Were you specifically chosen by a UKBA employee to get the TB test because, for instance, you look ill or you were coughing a lot?

There was no specific reason,
the staff at Gerry's checks the documents before you can submit the application to ensure you have all the required docs.
and My wife was told by a member of staff at the entrance that she would require a TB test certificate else they wont submit the application.
I am not sure on exact cost of the test, I will get in touch with my wife and let you know in about an hours time

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Were you specifically chosen by a UKBA employee to get the TB test because, for instance, you look ill or you were coughing a lot?

It cost her around 4500 PKR (around £4), so that not much
its just that she had to wait for hours in the queue at the test center and the test center is not really close to her house either so it was a whole stressful day for no reason

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:02 pm

chtahir wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:

We had to pay the doctor for the TB test
Irrespective of the actual cost, it should not be asked for.

This is the organisation that does the tests for UKBA.

http://www.iom.int/jahia/Jahia/pid/1524

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Note the advice people get when applying for family permit in another country (in this case Spain). Very different to what Gerry's are telling you.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 9&start=40

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:16 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Note the advice people get when applying for family permit in another country (in this case Spain). Very different to what Gerry's are telling you.

It seems like every country has their own rules and processing times,
in some places people are getting Family Permits granted within days and others in weeks just wondering why in Pakistan they are taking months, its just a joke. I have written about 4 emails to the email address mentioned on UKBA website for complaints and not even received one single reply.
its like a dead end..not sure what else I can do now.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:05 pm

If you just make a general complaint, I suspect they will ignore you. If you quote the law, then they may take you more seriously.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:51 pm

chtahir wrote:
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Note the advice people get when applying for family permit in another country (in this case Spain). Very different to what Gerry's are telling you.

It seems like every country has their own rules and processing times,
in some places people are getting Family Permits granted within days and others in weeks just wondering why in Pakistan they are taking months, its just a joke. I have written about 4 emails to the email address mentioned on UKBA website for complaints and not even received one single reply.
its like a dead end..not sure what else I can do now.
The rules are identical no matter where one applies. Whether the rules are being applied properly everywhere is another matter.

Gerry's email timescales are relevant to settlement visas issued under the immigration rules (12 weeks). Yours does not come under that category. They are quite simply incorrect in their emailed response.

The law says that a visa must be "An EEA family permit issued under this regulation shall be issued free of charge and as soon as possible" regulations 12. You will note from the links I shared with you that they are capable of issuing visas more quickly than the timescales you have waited.

Now this doesn't help you very much in terms of hurrying things up. The only advice I can give you is not to take no for an answer and quote the law back to them.

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:02 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If you just make a general complaint, I suspect they will ignore you. If you quote the law, then they may take you more seriously.
EUsmileWEallsmile wrote: The rules are identical no matter where one applies. Whether the rules are being applied properly everywhere is another matter.

Gerry's email timescales are relevant to settlement visas issued under the immigration rules (12 weeks). Yours does not come under that category. They are quite simply incorrect in their emailed response.

The law says that a visa must be "An EEA family permit issued under this regulation shall be issued free of charge and as soon as possible" regulations 12. You will note from the links I shared with you that they are capable of issuing visas more quickly than the timescales you have waited.

Now this doesn't help you very much in terms of hurrying things up. The only advice I can give you is not to take no for an answer and quote the law back to them.

Yup, I was thinking the same I quoted the law as you guys provided on this website and tried to email them everyday as they did not reply.

finally got a reply today stating that they cant provide me with any information as I am the 'Sponsor' and not the applicant so by UK privacy laws they are not allowed to provide me with any details :(.

I have forwarded the same email to my wife and she will now send it to them using her email account..

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:37 am

chtahir wrote:Yup, I was thinking the same I quoted the law as you guys provided on this website and tried to email them everyday as they did not reply.

finally got a reply today stating that they cant provide me with any information as I am the 'Sponsor' and not the applicant so by UK privacy laws they are not allowed to provide me with any details :(.

I have forwarded the same email to my wife and she will now send it to them using her email account..
I get annoyed at these people. So I would probably do the following.

I would write back to them.

Explain to them that you are not interested in getting any information about your wife's application. But you insist that they process it quickly, as they are legally required to do.

Point out that you are an EU citizen and that their failure to process your wife's EEA FP is drastically restricting YOUR ability to exercise you right of free movement.

UKBA has not, as they are legally required to do, processed her visa "as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated process". UKBA is required, legally, to give her "every facility". UKBA also have guidelines that EEA FP should be issued, unless there is a good reason to delay, on the day of application.

And ALSO have you wife send them a pointed email!

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:39 am

chtahir wrote:Yup, I was thinking the same I quoted the law as you guys provided on this website and tried to email them everyday as they did not reply.

Explain to them that you are not interested in getting any information about your wife's application. But you insist that they process it quickly, as they are legally required to do.

Point out that you are an EU citizen and that their failure to process your wife's EEA FP is drastically restricting YOUR ability to exercise you right of free movement.

UKBA has not, as they are legally required to do, processed her visa "as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated process". UKBA is required, legally, to give her "every facility". UKBA also have guidelines that EEA FP should be issued, unless there is a good reason to delay, on the day of application.

Yup very very annoying indeed...
My wife has send an email to them pointing the law and asking them politely to hurry up with the process, not sure if it will have an impact as these people are very stubborn and inconsiderate of others feelings and rights. I guess I will wait till end of next week and then maybe get a lawyer involved to take some legal actions..

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 pm

I am equally annoyed by this unhelpful response. Please keep at them. You can complain to them as you are directly affected by their failure to apply the law.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:56 pm

chtahir wrote:

Yup very very annoying indeed...
My wife has send an email to them pointing the law and asking them politely to hurry up with the process, not sure if it will have an impact as these people are very stubborn and inconsiderate of others feelings and rights. I guess I will wait till end of next week and then maybe get a lawyer involved to take some legal actions..
If you are in the UK, don't be afraid to involve MPs, Euro MPs about their failure to apply the law.

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:10 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote: If you are in the UK, don't be afraid to involve MPs, Euro MPs about their failure to apply the law.
Yeh that's a good idea I will get in touch with my local MP.
Lets hope they are able to help with this.

chtahir
Newly Registered

Post by chtahir » Thu May 10, 2012 12:40 pm

It has been a while now, and still no reply from them.
send an email to the MP a couple of times and no luck with that either...

I guess there's nothing else I can do except for waiting :-(

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu May 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Keep annoying them and do not give up. Complain, complain, complain. You are entitled to.