ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who can answer thiis querey? challenge

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sohail akhter

Who can answer thiis querey? challenge

Post by sohail akhter » Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:28 pm

A person got 65 points as

50 against work experience
10 against degree of spouse
5 against age.

Now the question is; the home office has changed 65 points to 75 points for extension. The masimum makrs for income are 45. How would be the applicant able to secure 75 points for extension?

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:51 pm

Unfortunately, this person cannot qualify for extension as it is, since there is no scoring criteria for work experience anymore.

With 45 points on earnings, under the new rules the only possible way out is by having a bachelors (30 points) / masters (35 points) degree equivalent to UK standards.

regards

sohail akhter

Post by sohail akhter » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:15 pm

These people must have any option to get in the HSMP scheme. I am very much sure that this amendment was not made by a group of people, but only 1-2 people decided the fate of immigrants who never had comand on old HSMp scheme. The homeoffice treated this scheme as a child play.

vilkatis

Post by vilkatis » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:03 pm

If I understand this correctly, you are claiming 45 points for maximum salary in the last 8 or 12 months, depending on your country of origin.

That is 45.

You don't list your age, so I can't tell you how many points for age.

20 if you are 27 or under, 0 if you are 32 or older.

You don't seem to have a degree of any sort. See above posts for possibilities if you do (50 points for PhD).

5 points for already being in the UK with documented work experience.

It seems you are starting with 50 points, unless you have a degree or are younger than 32.

Worst of all, if this is you, your English in this post doesn't seem promising as making that particular requirement.

So, if your spouse has a degree, consider getting an HSMP for the spouse.

If your joint earning are for 45 points, consider 5 points for previous experience in the UK (if any), age, any earnings at all.

Not having read in-depth ... I ask you this question: did you file your earnings as joint? Maybe that gives the spouse 45 points plus 30 (minimum) for degree.

The 50 points previously awarded for work experience sounds a bit stretched .. but please don't take that as a judgement. I realize your situation may indeed be true.

Just notice that it sounds a bit 'puffed up.' That's a HUGE amount of points for experience, which is exactly one of the reasons the points system was shifted. A lot of fraud in that grey zone has now been cut (admittedly at the expense of some people who were legitimate).

A 'Hail Mary' option is look into a general EU/EEA visa based upon your current one. For the spouse, also.

Another possibility, plead your case to the Home Office. They have annouce "transitional arrangements." Try to buy some time (like, a year or 18 months) to settle affairs or get other options in place.

Other options:

- EEA/EU permit
- relocate to other EU nation
- Hey ... get a WORK permit from a company
- start your own company and sponsor yourself for a workpermit

THE LAST OPTION IS NOT A JOKE.

Start up a shelf company using a post office box & local 'partner' (Irelandhinthont) and hire yourself (and your spouse) as a consultant(s) to work throughout the EU (UKhinthint). Lithuania & Latvia and others offer similar opportunities.

I did it for about 2500 GPB (Latvia) start-up & ~2500/annual in taxes.

My opportunities to save on taxes exceed every westernized EU nation, given that I took the time to invest in a good accountant willing to train me in local loopholes.

Let's review those numbers (rounded and generalized): 5000 GPB first year, 2500 GBP annual after (for one person); significantly less if you are an EU or EEA citizen. Income of ~35,000 GBP, subtract above costs and another 15% from the remainder (as low as 12% Ireland/18% Latvia).

And you get to write off all 'business' expenses (such as rent/travel if you arrange such creatively).

Stall stall stall for time. If you are motivated to stay, one year plus or minus gives you a lot of operational room.

If you decide to bail out, the same applies.

Sorry if it sounds harsh. I've been through this in other countries. Survival is first. If you want to waste time feeling bitter, reserve that for AFTER. No time for it today.

Focus on immediate actions to make time to plan for survival.

That is heartfelt advice from Someone Who Has Been There.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:54 am

vilkatis wrote:Another possibility, plead your case to the Home Office. They have annouce "transitional arrangements." Try to buy some time (like, a year or 18 months) to settle affairs or get other options in place.

Other options:

- EEA/EU permit
- relocate to other EU nation
- Hey ... get a WORK permit from a company
- start your own company and sponsor yourself for a workpermit
THE LAST OPTION IS NOT A JOKE.
-- Dude, could you give me more info. on the last option, is it possible to sponsor self / somone for a WP being on HSMP
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

vilkatis

Post by vilkatis » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:31 am

Sorry. I can't help you with the UK system specifically.

I don't know what time it would take, or the fees & taxes involved.

I do know, theoretically, you can start up a business. How much time & money in the UK ..?? Don't know.

You probably will need a UK citizen as business partner.

What I did in Latvia is based upon advice from a friend who did this in Ireland.

I got a business partner with citizenship. I could have done it without him, but it reduced my pain and initial expenses.

We formed a business. About 2000 GBP in assests and close to another 800 in various costs and fees.

Took about three to four weeks.

As a full partner with signature rights as a board member (this is Latvia-specific terminology), my company issued me an invitation to work for the company, which was used as a mechanism to apply for a four-year residence visa that requires renewal each year.

The state salary is mandated for such a basis (currently about 500 GBP/month).

I must pay taxes on the salary, but I can make an agreement with my company to defer my actual salary .. so my outlay each month is approx. 280 GBP in tax burden.

My company can pay me dividends from the profit at a lower tax rate, all the while accruing back-salary that can be paid out later when I "make it" or it's all a loss if the company goes under.

I suggested this possibility not just to check it out in the UK, but because you are near Ireland, which is becoming the center for this sort of activity. Also, you can do it in English there. I have to do it all in Latvian here, which increases my cost burden & dependencies.

Whichever country you do this in, you can obtain residence in that country and then make sure your company rules are written such that you can send yourself to all EU countries as a consultant.

Theoretically, you can start up a Limited or Unlimited firm in the UK and have that firm issue you a workpermit ... so long as you comply with other requirements.

AND .. I cannot advise you on all requirements.

The costs and time involved may scuttle the idea for your situation ... for the UK.

However, in Ireland and Latvia (that I know of) it can be done for similar costs to what I've described. I hear there are a number of other EU nations you can do this from, but I have no specific knowledge on the local details.

Umm .. except, AVOID Denmark, Germany, France, Sweden. The fees taxes and complications there will kill you, as will many of the more westernized EU nations. Poland Estonia Hungary Spain MIGHT be possible alternates.

Lithuania is a bit wild .. you should be able to do it there, but the corruption is nearly at Russian & Belarussian levels. But, Lithuania is beautiful and lots of fun. If you wanna be a playa, Vilnius might be your wild cuppa-tea. I like to unwind there, but the business environment is scarey.

You need localized advice. But, you now have the knowledge of what to ask for and how to start google-searching to refine what you need.

In the U.S. it would have required several tens of thousands of dollars to do this (and I'm a citizen there). In Latvia I did it for just about 4500 GBP for the first year.

I own my own consulting business and can travel the entire EU at will.

Sweetness.

Like I said, at first panic in your situation, buy yourself as much time as you can by whatever method(s) you can drag up. Six months, a year of time and you can get a lot of infrastructure & research in place to pull this off.

Even the U.S. if you have enough money and pass the security background for business visa as a small business owner in the U.S.

umeshsethi

Re: Who can answer thiis querey? challenge

Post by umeshsethi » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:10 am

sohail akhter wrote:A person got 65 points as

50 against work experience
10 against degree of spouse
5 against age.

Now the question is; the home office has changed 65 points to 75 points for extension. The masimum makrs for income are 45. How would be the applicant able to secure 75 points for extension?

First read the board before challenging people. You will find your answers their or for extension approval post. Generic queries put by lazy people are not challenges..
Umesh Sethi

baskey

Post by baskey » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:01 am

vilkatis wrote:
If your joint earning are for 45 points, consider 5 points for previous experience in the UK (if any), age, any earnings at all.
Is joint earning taken into consideration for HSMP extension? I wondered after seeing your post.

Regards,

Baskey