ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA FEE CONFUSION

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

diwakar
Newly Registered

VISA FEE CONFUSION

Post by diwakar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm

1. Current visa : Tier 1 (General)
2. Number of applicants: Myself and my wife
3. Date of expiry of current leave (visa): April 27, 2012
4. Date application posted: March 24, 2012
5. Date payment debited: 09 April , 2012
6. Payment mode: Debit Card
7. Acknowledgement received: 13/04/2012
8. Biometric letter received :waiting
9. Date passport received: waiting
10. Date biometric card received: waiting

I am expecting biometric letter this week. But what I am concerned is, they deducted £1500 from my account. It could be they deducted fees for both of us (main applicant+dependant) from my bank account. But why would they do that when both of us had given our own (me and my wife) bank details in the application form. Is this normal? Can somebody please advise me?

Note: When I applied the fee was £1000 for main applicant and £500 for dependant. When the deduction was made, fee was increased to £1500 and £750 respectively.

Thank you
Diwa

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Biometric letters are taking a little longer to arrive due to the high number of applications posted in March before the fees increase. As you posted yours before the April 5 deadline, the fees should still be £1000 and £500. If the payment was not correct, they should notify you as it's an invalid application.