ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form SU07/01--sponsorship undertaking

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sunny05
Newly Registered

Form SU07/01--sponsorship undertaking

Post by Sunny05 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi,

Could you please assist me that sponsorship undertaking form is necessary to fill for my wife(sponsor)? As I am applying by online and registering my details and information online the instruction comes up once that dependent relative should submit this form too. Please assist me on this as nowhere in the form and website it states clearly when I was gathering information to fill the application and even in the guidance as well.

Many thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Not required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Sunny05
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny05 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Many Thanks, Vinny.

Sunny05
Newly Registered

sponsorship undertaking form SU07/01

Post by Sunny05 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 pm

vinny wrote:Not required.
Dear all, FYI sponsorship undertaking form SU07/01 is REQUIRED for spouse visa and it is a mandatory requirement, without this your application is incomplete and invalid. My docs was checked at the counter and this was the first thing they asked for. I was returned back from the counter because of this. Scan and signed copy of this form from sponsor is enough to present. It is annoyed when website of UKBA does not instruct clearly even in the supporting docs. :(

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:22 pm

ECB12.3 Sponsor undertakings on maintenance and accommodation wrote:As with undertakings from an applicant (see above), the ECO should only require an undertaking from a sponsor in exceptional circumstances or for certain categories eg parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives under Rule 317 of the Immigration Rules. (see Maintenance & Accommodation - MAA)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Sunny05
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny05 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:01 am

vinny wrote:
ECB12.3 Sponsor undertakings on maintenance and accommodation wrote:As with undertakings from an applicant (see above), the ECO should only require an undertaking from a sponsor in exceptional circumstances or for certain categories eg parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives under Rule 317 of the Immigration Rules. (see Maintenance & Accommodation - MAA)
Yes, I had an argument with the clerk who was taking my application form. But he refused to take mine and just gave me the form to get it filled and signed from my wife via e-mail or by anyother mean as long as it is filled. It has now changed.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:17 am

I haven't seen any reports of changes relating to undertakings. The clerk was probably unaware of the published guidance or he considered every case as exceptional.

Sunny05
Newly Registered

Post by Sunny05 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 am

vinny wrote:I haven't seen any reports of changes relating to undertakings. The clerk was probably unaware of the published guidance.
I was surprised too and still am but its only one page doc which require her and mine basic information. I found that useless when applicant sign the original form with consent that all the docs attached are true and based on originality. Also I had to filled another form there which verify that I have proof of English language proficiency which I have and mentioned this in my application form. These sort of things I am failed to understand when I have filled the form and explain everything there clearly than why we have to fill these forms again at the counter. Just waste of the time nothing else. And there was a third form which was document check list of which I also had to signed and ticked the docs I am providing to the case officer. Again no point of this when I have attached the covering letter and mention in 'More Information' section about all these.