ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancée English Language Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tigerB
Newly Registered

Fiancée English Language Help

Post by tigerB » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Hi all, hoping for some advice. My fiancée wants to apply for her settlement visa, but she has not taken an IELTS test. She did a batchelors degree in english in the philippines (at one of the top 5 unis). I checked the Tier 1 PBS calculator and her course was listed as zero points against english language, although her uni was still listed on the calculator which indicates to me that UK NARIC have a record of it at least.

If she applies for a UK NARIC comparison, what are the chances that it will be accepted? She went to apply today and they told her she should take the IELTS. We've been waiting for so long and this just seems to be another setback, as it didnt even mention anything about IELTS or UK NARIC in the application. Im 29 shes 27 and previously lived, studied and worked in the UK for 3.5 years. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crb

Post by crb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:35 pm