ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview with Glasgow Ukba.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sim27
Newly Registered

Interview with Glasgow Ukba.

Post by sim27 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi everyone,

got a letter to attend an interview to seek clarification on my current immigration status and to advise of steps I can take to regularise my stay in the UK , at UKBA Glasgow.I don't know what is all about.....as I have an outstanding reconsideration application at the home office.

I am an over stayer living with my British partner and our 2 kids.I applied for Discretionary leave March 2011 base on my family which was refused and my solicitor sent a letter of reconsideration in June which was refused too and another one in November 2011 with no reply from the home office.So,this interview letter is kind of scary.My partner is so scare that they might detain me!As I have already been for an interview last month at the Ukba Edinburgh Airport.

Lastly, the letter says:Failure to attend the interview may affect any outstanding claim you may have with the Home Office.

Any advice will be really appreciated.
Thank you.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Go to the interview. Take a lawyer with you if you are worried.

sim27
Newly Registered

Post by sim27 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks for your advice.I will go to the interview.

Humanity

Post by Humanity » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:16 pm

sim27 wrote:Thanks for your advice.I will go to the interview.
Hi Sim,

This would be the second interview you will be attending. As you stated about a month ago on the outcome of the 1st interview, that you were advised to 'leave the country since you have no grounds' something along that line. I really think you should be very cautious this time around.

Since your last interview, did you put forward any reconsideration letter / any formal of legal appeals? You don't need to panick BUT I strongly suggest you get a lawyer to go with you or take your kids along (leave your wife at home). I honestly pray that they do have a change of heart and grant your stay .

Will put you in prayers and keep us updated.

sim27
Newly Registered

Post by sim27 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Thanks so much for your advice Humanity.
Well, I still have reconsideration of application outstanding after the second refusal.I know this interview will let me know what is in mind of UKBA sooner,rather than later.Will keep you guys update.

Thanks all.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:00 am

sim27 wrote:Thanks so much for your advice Humanity.
Well, I still have reconsideration of application outstanding after the second refusal.I know this interview will let me know what is in mind of UKBA sooner,rather than later.Will keep you guys update.

Thanks all.
You are absolutely right, this will be reconsideration of your application. I suggest be well prepared to respond any queries. e.g overstayed or any other related things
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

sim27
Newly Registered

NOTICE TO A PERSON LIABLE TO REMOVAL

Post by sim27 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi everyone.

just an update.I attended the interview today and I was served with NOTICE TO A PERSON LIABLE TO REMOVAL.I don't know why I was given this cos my application for reconsideration still outstanding.

Any advice guys will great.

Sim.

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:54 am

Notice of liability to be removed can be served on those liable to administrative removal for any of these reason below
Overstayed;
Breached a condition of leave to enter or remain;
Sought or obtained leave to remain by deception
Indefinite leave revoked because they have ceased to be a refugee;
Had a decision to refuse to vary or to curtail leave, and a decision is being made to administratively remove during statutorily extended leave.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... iew=Binary

Did they place any reporting restriction on you? I think you might still have chance with your application considering you have 2 children and British patner.

But if all fail you can still go back to your country get married and you should be able to be visa soon after that.

sim27
Newly Registered

No reporting restriction on me.

Post by sim27 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:04 pm

No.They never place any reporting restriction on me,because my application for reconsideration still outstanding.
Hopefully, I will hear from them soon regarding my outstanding application reconsideration.

Cheers.
Sim

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:04 pm

I think whey will reconsider your application. because if they wanted to remove you they would have remove already you, ask you to report or detain you.

I think you strong point regarding compassiante circumstance, private and family life. Push on those points.

sim27
Newly Registered

A PERSON WHO IS LIABLE TO BE DETAINED.

Post by sim27 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:15 pm

Just got a letter through the post now......NOTIFICATION OF TEMPORARY ADMISSION TO A PERSON WHO IS LIABLE TO BE DETAINED.
Also,it says I must report to my local police station weekly.I can't believe this.......they never give me any appeal...and my application reconsideration still outstanding.

What can I do guys........this is really stressing me out....
Sim.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:41 pm

that's just your IS96 - as you don't have any leave it is usual for them to issue you with this.

sim27
Newly Registered

What happens next...

Post by sim27 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks for you reply Greenie.
Did anybody know what will happen next?
Cos I am so frustrated and curious. where do we go from here........

Thanks guys..........

Humanity

Re: What happens next...

Post by Humanity » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:03 pm

sim27 wrote:Thanks for you reply Greenie.
Did anybody know what will happen next?
Cos I am so frustrated and curious. where do we go from here........

Thanks guys..........
Hey Sim,

The outcome is quite unfortunate, but will like to know what your Lawyer is advising you to do or actions he is taking ?! Am assuming you have one, you really need to get an excellent one that will protect your interest. All you will ever get here is an advise, which can be very helpful. In this particular situation you really need a lawyer fighting tirelessly on your behalf.

Don't fear or overburden yourself with stress. All will be well.

sim27
Newly Registered

Post by sim27 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Yes,I have a lawyer and he told me I have a strong case of human right....so we just have to wait for the home office reply concerning my outstanding application.

will keep u update.

Thanks.
Sim

sim27
Newly Registered

Nothing outstanding on the system.

Post by sim27 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I phoned the number on IS.96 today,I asked them about my outstanding reconsideration application and I was told that there is nothing outstanding on the computer.

Also the letter of reconsideration sent in November, last year has not been considered as a further representation.Therefore,the Lady on the phone ask me to make a fresh application and pay a fee.

My solicitors confirmed to me that a letter of reconsideration was sent and I have a copy of this.

I don't know what to do guys.
Any advice with be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Sim

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:57 am

I cannot comment on the possible outcome of your scenario, but would like to clarify one thing to you.

You have repeatedly mentioned that you have a "reconsideration application" pending with UKBA. Well, there is no such application known as "reconsideration application". People ask for reconsideration many a times from UKBA but it is no formal aapplication and UKBA is under no obligation not to take any action they want to take against you, including removal just becasue you have asked for reconsideration.

You applied for DLR, and I am sure you must have mentioned all your circumstances in that application. There can be no unlimited reconsiderations just because you keep asking for reconsideration. Any reconsideration request can only have any slight chance of success if there is some new compelling circumstances/information which has arisen now and which was not previously mentioned by you or considered by UKBA.

sim27
Newly Registered

letters for reconsideration

Post by sim27 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi asim72,

Thanks for the clarification.I always thought I still have an outstanding claim with the UKBA,because I sent couples of letters for reconsideration after their refusals,but obviously not.

what are the chances for my application to be reconsidered?

Any advise guy....................

Thanks.
Sim

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Your solicitor is in a better position to advise on this. What do they say?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:12 pm

As asim72 has already explained, a request for reconsideration is not an "application". It is just a "request" - and it is up to UKBA whether to entertain such a request or not. Likewise, a "request" is not a "claim" that you have a legal right regarding, as you seem to perceive.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sim27
Newly Registered

outstanding representation not on Home office system

Post by sim27 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:56 pm

Thanks for your advice guys.
My solicitor says it is outstanding representation,since we have not heard back from UKBA.

I thought letter of reconsideration is classified as further representation or correspondence regarding a claim.So,it should be outstanding representation on the UKBA system but is not.How is that?
I just don 't get it.......

Cheers
Sim

sim27
Newly Registered

Post by sim27 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi everyone,

I phoned the number on IS.96 again, asking for an update on my outstanding representation and I was told that he himself had processed my papers and my file is currently in Sheffield awaiting further application to consider the representations.

Has anybody being told thesame thing recently,as I don't know what this mean......does it mean there might prospect of success?

Any advice with be great.

Thanks.
Sim

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Never mind that, tell us more about Joy. That sounds very interesting. Who is she?

sim27
Newly Registered

Post by sim27 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Oh yeah,Joy is most beautiful girl in the world.She is an Angel.......she comes only in the morning. lol

Lucapooka wrote:Never mind that, tell us more about Joy. That sounds very interesting. Who is she?