ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:31 pm

its very quite week from citizenship divsion (no approvals) i hope next week will be busy .good luck everybody

moro1

Post by moro1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:59 pm

I live in Ireland since i was 10 . I applied for the citizenship about a year and so . When i sent my application first i got a reply within 2 months asking me for letters from all schools since i arrived to the state and a reckon able residence letter , the reckonable residency letter took me about 6 months to get as they were ignoring my letters until i got a lawyer to contact them . All of this was without getting a reference number .
When i sent the application again , i got a reply asking me to fill the new application which i did then i got a reference number .
My question is , why i did not get a reference number the first time . and why they ask me to fill the new application while my application was submitted first before the new application was introduced .
My second question concerning the reckonable residency , When i turned 16 they gave me stamp 2A then when i went to college i was given stamp 2 before i applied for stamp 4 . My lawyer said its fine because as i was with my parent and i arrived to the state while i was a minor and not on the purpose of study .
Does anybody now someone with the same case ? Should i suppose that its fine because the application was accepted and i was given a reference number

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:34 am

justice for all pakistans now !1

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:48 am

www.kildarestreet.com oh finally they update the website

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:14 pm

moro1 wrote:I live in Ireland since i was 10 . I applied for the citizenship about a year and so . When i sent my application first i got a reply within 2 months asking me for letters from all schools since i arrived to the state and a reckon able residence letter , the reckonable residency letter took me about 6 months to get as they were ignoring my letters until i got a lawyer to contact them . All of this was without getting a reference number .
When i sent the application again , i got a reply asking me to fill the new application which i did then i got a reference number .
My question is , why i did not get a reference number the first time . and why they ask me to fill the new application while my application was submitted first before the new application was introduced .
My second question concerning the reckonable residency , When i turned 16 they gave me stamp 2A then when i went to college i was given stamp 2 before i applied for stamp 4 . My lawyer said its fine because as i was with my parent and i arrived to the state while i was a minor and not on the purpose of study .
Does anybody now someone with the same case ? Should i suppose that its fine because the application was accepted and i was given a reference number
Don't worry, you should be fine. I came here when I was 5 years old, I am 19 years old now. I applied in November 2011. They didn't ask me for any documents yet, but I asked my TD to contact them twice and they replied back with the same answer saying I submitted a valid application and they it ''is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether the applicant meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as
expeditiously as possible.''

We came into this country as minors, and not for the reason to study, so we should be fine hopefully! Best of luck :)

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 pm

[quote="Angel592"][quote="moro1"]I live in Ireland since i was 10 . I applied for the citizenship about a year and so . When i sent my application first i got a reply within 2 months asking me for letters from all schools since i arrived to the state and a reckon able residence letter , the reckonable residency letter took me about 6 months to get as they were ignoring my letters until i got a lawyer to contact them . All of this was without getting a reference number .
Does anybody now someone with the same case ? Should i suppose that its fine because the application was accepted and i was given a reference number[/quote]

Don't worry, you should be fine. I came here when I was 5 years old, I am 19 years old now. I applied in November 2011. They didn't ask me for any documents yet, but I asked my TD to contact them twice and they replied back with the same answer saying I submitted a valid application and they it ''is currently being processed with a view to establishing

We came into this country as minors, and not for the reason to study, so we should be fine hopefully! Best of luck :)[/quote] you guys will be fine .you come into this country as kid you grow up in this country your have your childhood friends you adopt irish culture.you guys definetly desirve the citizenship of eire. i wish you very good luck hope in coming weeks you will get your positive decision about citizenship good luck

Naija

Post by Naija » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:28 pm

[quote="Angel592"][quote="moro1"]I live in Ireland since i was 10 . I applied for the citizenship about a year and so . When i sent my application first i got a reply within 2 months asking me for letters from all schools since i arrived to the state and a reckon able residence letter , the reckonable residency letter took me about 6 months to get as they were ignoring my letters until i got a lawyer to contact them . All of this was without getting a reference number .
Does anybody now someone with the same case ? Should i suppose that its fine because the application was accepted and i was given a reference number[/quote]

Guys,anybody with such status should be ok,without any worries.I was in exactly same position.Came as a minor at the age of 14,got stamp 2 and 2A throughout all of my years in secondary school and colleges.Applied for citizenship in 2010 twice or three times.I forgot.Was refused initally,because they asked for additional documents such as school letters and stuff from my parents.Had my application accepted in december 2010.Issued with reference number same month and had my citizenhip application GRANTED two weeks ago.Attending June ceremony,so you will be fine.No need to worry.Good luck.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Naija wrote:
Angel592 wrote:
moro1 wrote:I live in Ireland since i was 10 . I applied for the citizenship about a year and so . When i sent my application first i got a reply within 2 months asking me for letters from all schools since i arrived to the state and a reckon able residence letter , the reckonable residency letter took me about 6 months to get as they were ignoring my letters until i got a lawyer to contact them . All of this was without getting a reference number .
Guys,anybody with such status should be ok,without any worries.I was in exactly same position.Came as a minor at the age of 14,got stamp 2 and 2A throughout all of my years in secondary school and colleges.Applied for citizenship in 2010 twice or three times.I forgot.Was refused initally,because they asked for additional documents such as school letters and stuff from my parents.Had my application accepted in december 2010.Issued with reference number same month and had my citizenhip application GRANTED two weeks ago.Attending June ceremony,so you will be fine.No need to worry.Good luck.
That's totally awesome! My parents applied for me in 2007 but that got refused because I was a minor.. so I applied 5 months ago and I really hope I get it soon too :D
Bdw, congratualtions! best of luck everyone :)

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:40 pm

IQU wrote:
Angel592 wrote:

We came into this country as minors, and not for the reason to study, so we should be fine hopefully! Best of luck :)
you guys will be fine .you come into this country as kid you grow up in this country your have your childhood friends you adopt irish culture.you guys definetly desirve the citizenship of eire. i wish you very good luck hope in coming weeks you will get your positive decision about citizenship good luck
Thanks IQU! I'm not worried at all, I just hope they don't take too long that's all :) best of luck to you too

seraph

Written Answers Taken from Kildarestreet.com

Post by seraph » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:52 pm

Following is the written answer taken from kildarestreet.com

Michael Lowry (Tipperary North, Independent)
Question 1007: To ask the Minister for Justice and Equality the average turnaround time for naturalisation applications for nationals from Pakistan; the reason for the specific delay in these cases; the number of these cases currently being with the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [18741/12]

Alan Shatter (Minister, Department of Justice, Equality and Defence; Dublin South, Fine Gael)
There has been an enormous increase in the volume of applications for a certificate of naturalisation in recent years. In 2000 the number of applications made that year was just over 1,000 whereas last year the number was 25,671 - an increase of almost 2,500%. Quite clearly, this dramatic increase in volume has impacted on the capacity of the administrative system to process them and has given rise to a large volume of cases on hand. This gave rise to a situation where most cases were taking well over two years to complete.
When I came into Office just over a year ago there were about 22,000 cases on hands. I undertook to address this issue and committed to get to the stage that by the second quarter of this year the average processing time for standard cases would take six months. In this regard, a major effort has and continues to be made in reducing the time taken to process the generality of applications. In 2011 over 16,000 applications were dealt with. I expect to have made a decision on 12,000 applications by the end of May this year and a further 12,000 by year end. By contrast, in 2010, a decision was reached in just over 5,600 cases.
The primary aim over the past year has been to reduce the large volume of cases on hand as swiftly as possible and this has been achieved in the majority of cases.

By way of general comment, it is a statutory requirement that, inter alia, applicants for naturalisation be of good character. In some instances that can be established relatively quickly and in other cases completing the necessary checks can take a considerable period of time. Quite clearly in those circumstances it is not possible to provide a specific date for the determination of an individual application. I can, however, inform the Deputy that steps are being taken to process all outstanding applications including those referred to by the Deputy and to have made significant inroads into them by the end of this year.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:44 am

good luck everybody.i hope there will be more approvals soon

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 am

is anyone got his/her approval today ?

samchoopra

hi

Post by samchoopra » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 pm

any one knows the difference between initial processing and further processing team.
I wrote letter to department inquire about the status of my aplication after two months got answer from initial processing tem answer is same like some other gets (we will be intouch with u in futrher due course).
i applied in feb 2011 file is still sleeping more then a year at the same place no movement at all.i have no hope that i will hear some thing this year.
outside agencies outside agencies same song every week i am hearing.
my file stuck with initial processing team its been more then a year i was expecting that may be its in further processing but i was in wrong dreams.

dania

Re: hi

Post by dania » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:07 pm

samchoopra wrote:any one knows the difference between initial processing and further processing team.
I wrote letter to department inquire about the status of my aplication after two months got answer from initial processing tem answer is same like some other gets (we will be intouch with u in futrher due course).
i applied in feb 2011 file is still sleeping more then a year at the same place no movement at all.i have no hope that i will hear some thing this year.
outside agencies outside agencies same song every week i am hearing.
my file stuck with initial processing team its been more then a year i was expecting that may be its in further processing but i was in wrong dreams.
i heard about initial processing team first time! :roll: i got answer from further processing team to wait and they will contact me in due course,i applied in june 2010 and still waiting .
"The world suffers a lot.Not because of the violence of bad people,but because of the silence of good people!" [Napolean]

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:42 pm

And what is this background checks and outside agencies ? They have nothing to check on me out there i was 10 when i left :D

samchoopra

Post by samchoopra » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:36 pm

back ground checks and outside agencies means the garda report and social welfere and tax office checks.garda reports are taking max 4 months and its every where written on websites.
quote="moro1"]And what is this background checks and outside agencies ? They have nothing to check on me out there i was 10 when i left :D[/quote]

EMAB
Newly Registered

Post by EMAB » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:28 pm

several processing teams... initial..further..final... and what each team do wih procecssing! any idea?

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:32 pm

[quote="EMAB"]several processing teams... initial..further..final... and what each team do wih procecssing! any idea?[/quote] initail is early stage of processing.they check all the forms and relevant documents residence etc etc further processing is when they check your all the reports from various dept eg garda,revenue,socail welfare,gnib etc etc. final processing is when they examise your all the report and prepare your file to submit to the minister................ is anyone got his/her approval this week

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 am

Application submitted until which month (approx) are covered in the June Ceremony? Does anyone know?

I think it might be a good idea to keep a summarized track of progress based on invitations for ceremony on a spreadsheet.

Thanks
-xxxtieee-

Naija

Post by Naija » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:52 pm

[quote="xxxtieee"]Application submitted until which month (approx) are covered in the June Ceremony? Does anyone know?

I think it might be a good idea to keep a summarized track of progress based on invitations for ceremony on a spreadsheet.
Thanks

I'm December 2010 applicant.People who have gotten approval so far applied up to 2-3 months before me and two of my friends who recieved approvals are march 2011 applicants,so from my own experience it is a range of maybe half a year,but i dont know how reliable that is as with INIS you never know the story.No rules there.But still i agree with your idea,just like the sheet for approvals.Good luck to all those who are still waiting. :)

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:32 pm

Last week, I got the invitation letter for ceremony on 14th June at 4 PM.

kaybe

visa

Post by kaybe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm

i got this query for my junior cousin, hes an irish ctizen and a student on "back to education allowance". he wanna go and marry his girlfriend back home. can the girlfriend be granted visa to ireland base on his status. pls i need advice on this

Malika

Re: visa

Post by Malika » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:26 pm

kaybe wrote:i got this query for my junior cousin, hes an irish ctizen and a student on "back to education allowance". he wanna go and marry his girlfriend back home. can the girlfriend be granted visa to ireland base on his status. pls i need advice on this
Most of us here are keeping each other updated on Naturalisation process hence the 'timeline tracking' title.

We had a problem with gnem/Angelcountry who kept derailing the thread.
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

kaybe

Re: visa

Post by kaybe » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:36 pm

Malika wrote:
kaybe wrote:i got this query for my junior cousin, hes an irish ctizen and a student on "back to education allowance". he wanna go and marry his girlfriend back home. can the girlfriend be granted visa to ireland base on his status. pls i need advice on this
Most of us here are keeping each other updated on Naturalisation process hence the 'timeline tracking' title.

We had a problem with gnem/Angelcountry who kept derailing the thread.
malika,
i think u are frustrated cos u havent been granted . am not INIS and am not asking u any advice pls
kaybedab

batakooji

Post by batakooji » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:24 pm

Hello,

I second Malika, It is not a personal issue with Kaybe and he is most welcome to comment on the topic of this thread but not to start entirely out of context conversation. And as Kaybe correctly said that malika is frustrated, I guess our feelings need and should be respect. THE MATTER IS NOT PERSONAL