ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea family permit application deferred

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

freemind
Newly Registered

eea family permit application deferred

Post by freemind » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:50 am

i have applied for the eea family permit at the bhc in accra. I have been toldmy application has been deferred. What does this mean? How long will it take me to get my visa. Or does it mean am going to be refused?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 am

The decision has been delayed. It's not possible to predict the outcome as nobody knows anything about your circumstances.

freemind
Newly Registered

Post by freemind » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Lucapooka wrote:The decision has been delayed. It's not possible to predict the outcome as nobody knows anything about your circumstances.
I have been living with my partner for 4 years in the u.k. we came to accra to get married recently because she ws in the process of divorce when we met. The only downside on my part is i have 10 month drink driving ban. i have given proof of all my tenancy agreements ,income of my partner etc. could these circumstances cause them to refuse me?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 pm

No.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: eea family permit application deferred

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Why did you both decide to leave the UK rather than remain in the UK and just apply for a Residence Card? Is your partner with you presently in Accra? Are you now legally married, and if so when did you marry? Has your partner been working in the UK until you left?

freemind
Newly Registered

Post by freemind » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:12 pm

We came down for holidays and to get married. we got married on the 10th of february. she has gone back to the uk a week after our wedding. yes my partner is currently working and has always been working her past 8 years in uk. I was on a working holiday visa which had expired since 2006 thats why I thought it would be better if we came down got married and applied. when i met my partner in 2008 she was undergoing a divorce and the divorce only came through last year thats why our marriage was delayed. But i have evidence of our co-habitation since 2008.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:03 am

freemind wrote:i have applied for the eea family permit at the bhc in accra. I have been toldmy application has been deferred. What does this mean? How long will it take me to get my visa. Or does it mean am going to be refused?
What exactly were you told about your application?

freemind
Newly Registered

Post by freemind » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
freemind wrote:i have applied for the eea family permit at the bhc in accra. I have been toldmy application has been deferred. What does this mean? How long will it take me to get my visa. Or does it mean am going to be refused?
What exactly were you told about your application?
nothing, i was just told the application has been deferred. infact I have contacted the bhc this afternoon and i was told my application has been referred to the uk and they are awaiting a report from the uk before they can proceed.
previously I was told DEFERRED and today REFERRED so i just dont know whats going on

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:09 pm

If your partner is already living in the UK, it could be that they are verifying the evidence you provided (such as her employment in the UK).

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:06 pm

It could be that someone can't type. Who did you ask the question of?

freemind
Newly Registered

residence card application

Post by freemind » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:38 am

Jambo wrote:If your partner is already living in the UK, it could be that they are verifying the evidence you provided (such as her employment in the UK).
My application for eea family permit was successful so I am now in the uk. I have been in the uk for a month now and I applied for residence card last week. something very silly has happened. My wife forgot we had sent her EU Id card for the residence application and she reported to the police and her embassy that she has lost it in while I was at work . Could this affect my application? Please help.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:57 am

Did she formally report it as lost the the embassy, by filling out a form and so on?

What if you call the embassy and say you have found it again?

freemind
Newly Registered

Post by freemind » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Did she formally report it as lost the the embassy, by filling out a form and so on?

What if you call the embassy and say you have found it again?
she said when she reported to her embassy they took her details and told her the card will be cancelled. I told her to phone the embassy again and at the moment no body is picking up. But can this really affect my residency card application. Will they refuse my application if they detect that my wifes id card has been reported stolen.I am worried they will think this is a fraudulent application.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Don't worry about that. Your status does not change just because the card is no longer valid.

You wife will either need to get a new ID card and submit that, or submit her passport. Include a simple short cover letter explaining the ID card was cancelled, and asking, if you wish, for the immediate return of the new document.

freemind
Newly Registered

Post by freemind » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Don't worry about that. Your status does not change just because the card is no longer valid.

You wife will either need to get a new ID card and submit that, or submit her passport. Include a simple short cover letter explaining the ID card was cancelled, and asking, if you wish, for the immediate return of the new document.
Do we have to do that now or we wait till something comes back from ukba.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:24 pm

freemind wrote: Do we have to do that now or we wait till something comes back from ukba.
If you do nothing, you risk at best a delayed application, at worst a rejection. Write to them explaining the situation.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:33 am

If you wait, they will reject the application and you will have to reapply.

freemind
Newly Registered

certificate of application

Post by freemind » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If you wait, they will reject the application and you will have to reapply.
its been 4 weeks now i submitted my residence card application and still not received my certificate of application. Can you please furnish me with a number i can call to check. Also sometimes i read forums where people say they checked on line and the ukba is now dealing with a particular months application. I went to the ukba website but couldnt find anything like that. Can anyone show me how to check this.

freemind
Newly Registered

Re: certificate of application

Post by freemind » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:11 pm

freemind wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:If you wait, they will reject the application and you will have to reapply.
its been 4 weeks now i submitted my residence card application and still not received my certificate of application. Can you please furnish me with a number i can call to check. Also sometimes i read forums where people say they checked on line and the ukba is now dealing with a particular months application. I went to the ukba website but couldnt find anything like that. Can anyone show me how to check this.

freemind
Newly Registered

certificate of application

Post by freemind » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
freemind wrote: Do we have to do that now or we wait till something comes back from ukba.
If you do nothing, you risk at best a delayed application, at worst a rejection. Write to them explaining the situation.