ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Biometric for Tier 1 Gen Extension at PO a paid service?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mantasingh

Is Biometric for Tier 1 Gen Extension at PO a paid service?

Post by mantasingh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Now Tier 1 General Extension applicants can provide their Biometrics at Post Offices across UK.

I checked for my nearest PO and found that they charge £19.20 per person.

I want to know whether Tier 1 general extension is exempted from this charge or not?

vignezh
United Kingdom

Re: Is Biometric for Tier 1 Gen Extension at PO a paid servi

Post by vignezh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:56 pm

mantasingh wrote:Now Tier 1 General Extension applicants can provide their Biometrics at Post Offices across UK.

I checked for my nearest PO and found that they charge £19.20 per person.

I want to know whether Tier 1 general extension is exempted from this charge or not?
Why would you think Tier 1 general extension be exempt from this? It is NOT. We must feel happy that UKBA is not charging us double the money compared to others as they did with the fee increase recently... :shock:

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:06 pm

Earlier Tier 1 Gen applicants were able to submit the biometric at PEO offices. and I think that was free.

Now they brought PO and started charging 19.20 GBP.
Where is all the money for the applications going. They are charging 1500 GBP which is crazy in itself and now more revenue through POs.

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:24 pm

mantasingh wrote:Earlier Tier 1 Gen applicants were able to submit the biometric at PEO offices. and I think that was free.

Now they brought PO and started charging 19.20 GBP.
Where is all the money for the applications going. They are charging 1500 GBP which is crazy in itself and now more revenue through POs.

Heres where its going..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17809650

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:12 pm

It is still free to attend a biometrics appointment at the UKBA with an appointment. Trouble is you have to book and it could take some time (11 days for me after the Biometrics better) and your first choice of location may not be available.

timesofindia

Post by timesofindia » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 pm

and if you dont get suitable nearby PEO location, then you have spend extra money to commute to-from the PEOs (which could be far more than £19.20 PO fees).