ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Visitor for Marriage Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

UK Visitor for Marriage Visa

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi there I'm going to apply for a UK Visitor for Marriage Visa soon. And I was wondering do I need a document of proof I'm not married? I'm Russian and by fiancé is English.

Thank you

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:06 pm

If you have never previously been married, you don't need any other papers (the certificate of non-impediment that is famously necessary in most other countries is not a requirement for the UK). However, if you have been married previously, you will need to provide your divorce decree.

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 am

Thanks Lucapooka. I have one more question if you could help. On the application form it says something along the lines of 'What arrangements have been made for either notification or ceremony of the marriage?' the thing is I have called my local designated register office and they said we have to be together to give notice. So how can we show that we have given notice if we can't?
Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:11 am

If you have an information leaflet, pamphlet, flyer, brochure (call it what you will) from the registry office, then include that in the application. Just scan it and send it to your partner if you don't have time to post it overseas. Or a letter or email from the wedding registry office (if they respond to enquiries by email). The UKBA are completely aware that you can't book a wedding for a person outside the UK so the precise requirement for this question is vague and not terribly important.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Do you intend to leave the UK after your wedding? A Marriage Visitor visa won't enable you to remain here.

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Yes I intend to leave England a month after the ceremony. I'm aware that this isn't a settlement visa that's why later on we will be applying for a spouse visa when we feel we are in a better position to get it granted.

Thanks

VerdurousGlooms
Newly Registered

Post by VerdurousGlooms » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:37 pm

Hi there another question about the UK Visitor for Marriage visa, if you don't mind helping me. When applying for the visa should we show any proof of relationship? It doesn't say anything about it on the UK visa site. My boyfriend will write the supporting letter explaining our relationship but is anything else needed. If it matters my boyfriend is English and I'm Russian.

Thanks.