ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

figzen
Newly Registered

Re: still waiting

Post by figzen » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 am

Nefertiiti wrote:Nnaku don't worry that yours hasn't come yet, give till the end of this week cos that will be 6 weeks. I gave mine on the 5th of March but got my visa and documents on the 23rd and 21st of April, respectively, so don't use other people's timeline to get scared. Delay might not necessarily mean refusal but that they are carrying out extra checks. Also they didn't use the special delivery envelope which I included, to send back my documents. So anyone who's tracking their envelope, don't despair if you don't see any info, your documents might be on their way. It took 3 days for mine to reach me from day of despatch.

The bottom line is, the fact that someone else has gotten theirs before you shouldn't make you worry. After all ukba says 4 to 6 weeks after biometric is when they make their decision.

Good luck everyone, and hang on in there.
nnanku wrote:
uokay wrote:
uokay wrote:

No news yet, still waiting :(
Status update in Royal Mail Track & Trace: "We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 24/04/12."

Approval letter and documents on it's way :D :D :D
I had given mine on th 13th of March at manchester post office, i dunno what wrong :(
Hi Nefertiiti, could you please share where did you read that the ukba says that 4 to 6 weeks after biometrics is when they make their decision, please?, Does anybody know if there is a maximum pre established time by the ukba in which they commit to give a decision? Thanks!

Raptorroz

Post by Raptorroz » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:49 am

FINAAAAAAAAAAAALLY people!!!!!
I would like to share

Application submitted: 26th Jan
No Ack Letter
Biometric letter: 10th March
Biometric appointment: 16th March
Documents and passport: 24th April
BRP: now waiting :) :)

Heads up people...Wohoooo

nnanku

Post by nnanku » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Raptorroz wrote:FINAAAAAAAAAAAALLY people!!!!!
I would like to share

No Ack Letter

Congrats, what date does your approval letter have?

Raptorroz

Post by Raptorroz » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:22 pm

nnanku wrote:
I would like to share

No Ack Letter

Thank you buddy. The letter was dated 20th April. hope all you guys will receive yours by this week :)

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:27 pm

Raptorroz wrote:
nnanku wrote:
I would like to share

No Ack Letter

Thank you buddy. The letter was dated 20th April. hope all you guys will receive yours by this week :)

Congrats.. I have given my biometrics same as yours on 16th March. Cant wait to get my docs/brp back. Hopefully the wait isn't too long.

rabh

Post by rabh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Guys,
Congratulations to all those whose waitings has finally come to an end!

Kindly post if there are any updates on those who gave their biometrics on the week starting from 19th March.

All the best!

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:41 pm

uokay wrote:
Raptorroz wrote:
uokay wrote:
uokay wrote:Application sent (Royal Mail Special Delivery) : 03-02-2012

Application delivered: 06-02-2012

Fee Charged from account: 08-02-2012

Acknowledgement Letter received: 13-02-2012 (Dated 08-02-2012)

Biometric Letter received: 15-03-2012 (Dated 13-03-2012)

Biometric Enrolment @ Kingstanding Post Office: 15-03-2012

Passport & Documents: Waiting...

BRP: Waiting...

Status update in Royal Mail Track & Trace: "We have received your item and expect to deliver it before the guaranteed time on 24/04/12."

From where did you have the track number?

We can track it using the reference number of the return postage if you have included one with the application.
I have just received my documents and approval letter, now waiting for BRP.

Congrats!!! Could you kindly let us know when was your approval letter dated? Even I had given my bio in Kingstanding PO (16th March). Thanks

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks everybody for updating the forum
Anybody who gave biomatrics on 20th of March , please update for convenience.

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Painful wait !!

Post by beeth_ven » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:22 pm

Hey guys!

Thanks for the updates :)

I am still waiting for the blessed approval letter, passport and BRP. My time line is as follows:

Application sent: 26th Jan
Acknowledgment letter: 30th Jan
Biometric given: 13th March (Old Street post office, London)
Passport and documents: waiting.... :(
BRP: waiting.... :(

Is there anyone else who gave their biometrics on the 13th of March and is still waiting? Anyone else who gave their biometrics in the same post office? Please let me know!

I am frustrated about this delay as I have to take a job soon and I need the passport and BRP immediately otherwise I may lose the job :( Is there anything else that I can do apart from waiting and twiddling my thumbs?? Any advice would be great!

nnanku

Re: Painful wait !!

Post by nnanku » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:28 pm

beeth_ven wrote:Hey guys!

I am still waiting for the blessed approval letter, passport and BRP. My time line is as follows:

Is there anyone else who gave their biometrics on the 13th of March and is still waiting? Anyone else who gave their biometrics in the same post office? Please let me know!

I am frustrated about this delay as I have to take a job soon and I need the passport and BRP immediately otherwise I may lose the job :( Is there anything else that I can do apart from waiting and twiddling my thumbs?? Any advice would be great!
Hello, I also did mine on the 13th of march at exactly 12.21pm at Manchester post office, still waiting as well.

uokay
Newly Registered

Post by uokay » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 pm

bhamblues wrote: Congrats!!! Could you kindly let us know when was your approval letter dated? Even I had given my bio in Kingstanding PO (16th March). Thanks
Thanks!!! The letter is dated 23rd April. You should get it by tomorrow hopefully.

lahigaya
Newly Registered

MY UPDATE

Post by lahigaya » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:18 pm

Application submitted - 5th March
Acknowledgement received - 13th March
Biometrics Given - 10th April
Docs and Decision - Waiting

are there any guys who gave biometrics after 10th April.please update your status.goodluck for all

nnanku

Post by nnanku » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Nefertiiti wrote:Nnaku don't worry that yours hasn't come yet, give till the end of this week cos that will be 6 weeks. I gave mine on the 5th of March but got my visa and documents on the 23rd and 21st of April, respectively, so don't use other people's timeline to get scared. Delay might not necessarily mean refusal but that they are carrying out extra checks. Also they didn't use the special delivery envelope which I included, to send back my documents. So anyone who's tracking their envelope, don't despair if you don't see any info, your documents might be on their way. It took 3 days for mine to reach me from day of despatch.

The bottom line is, the fact that someone else has gotten theirs before you shouldn't make you worry. After all ukba says 4 to 6 weeks after biometric is when they make their decision.

nnanku wrote:
uokay wrote:
uokay wrote:

I had given mine on th 13th of March at manchester post office, i dunno what wrong :(
Please where does say in thier website that they will make a decision between, 4-6 weeks of submitting biometrics?

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 pm

On their website it says 75% will be decided within 4 weeks of enroling biometrics. The immigration enquiry bureau advice 4 to 6 weeks. These are just estimates, based on the timeliness given on this forum there doesn't seem to be a fixed duration. I know people who enrolled after me and got theirs about 3 weeks before I got mine.

nnanku wrote:

nnanku wrote:
uokay wrote:

Please where does say in thier website that they will make a decision between, 4-6 weeks of submitting biometrics?
Nefertiiti

eternities
Newly Registered

I received my passport/documents!

Post by eternities » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Application sent: 30 January 2012
biometrics given: 13 March 2012 (Camden Post Office-London)
Docs received: 24 April 2012
Letter dated: 18 April 2012

still waiting for my BRP.....

They said in the letter that I shouldn't make any travel arrangments before receiving my BRP card....But I need to travel on 4th May (next week on Friday). Should I risk it and buy a ticket? Don"t most people receive their BRP one day after they got their passport?

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Re: I received my passport/documents!

Post by Nefertiiti » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:02 pm

\you should get your BRP within 10 days of the approval date as stated on the letter. If you're in doubt then call DX secure and give them your postcode, they'll let you know about what day to expect your card.

eternities wrote:Application sent: 30 January 2012

They said in the letter that I shouldn't make any travel arrangments before receiving my BRP card....But I need to travel on 4th May (next week on Friday). Should I risk it and buy a ticket? Don"t most people receive their BRP one day after they got their passport?
Nefertiiti

eternities
Newly Registered

Post by eternities » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Nefertiiti wrote:\you should get your BRP within 10 days of the approval date as stated on the letter. If you're in doubt then call DX secure and give them your postcode, they'll let you know about what day to expect your card.

DX secure? what is that? they didn't say anything about that in the letter I received today......

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:32 pm

DX courier are the ones who deliver most of the brps, at least to the best of my knowledge. Check online for their contact details.

[q uote="eternities"]
Nefertiiti wrote:\you should get your BRP within 10 days of the approval date as stated on the letter. If you're in doubt then call DX secure and give them your postcode, they'll let you know about what day to expect your card.

DX secure? what is that? they didn't say anything about that in the letter I received today......[/quote]
Nefertiiti

eternities
Newly Registered

Post by eternities » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Nefertiiti wrote:DX courier are the ones who deliver most of the brps, at least to the best of my knowledge. Check online for their contact details.

[q uote="eternities"]

DX secure? what is that? they didn't say anything about that in the letter I received today......
[/quote]

ok, but basically I can check this only after I missed BRP delivery. otherwise no, right?

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 pm

You can call them now since, based on the fact that you've gotten your approval, it's most likely that your card is on its way. But just chill, it could come tomorrow anyways.

eternities wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:DX courier are the ones who deliver most of the brps, at least to the best of my knowledge. Check online for their contact details.

[q uote="eternities"]

ok, but basically I can check this only after I missed BRP delivery. otherwise no, right?[/quote]
Nefertiiti

nnanku

Post by nnanku » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:20 pm

I hope mine is coming soon as i did mine in manchester and on the 13th too

moirareggie

Re: Painful wait !!

Post by moirareggie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:01 pm

beeth_ven wrote:Hey guys!

Have you gotten in touch with UKBA? Do so! And then inform your potential employer of the situation and show them that you are allowed to take temporary employment until you receive your BRP then you can sign a permanent contract. Best to take control of the situation instead of getting more frustrated.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:09 pm

nnanku wrote:
uokay wrote:
uokay wrote:

:shock:
and here i was thinking 4-6 weeks meant the whole process. I guess then they haven't really been delaying with out applications.

rabh

Post by rabh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:19 pm

moirareggie wrote:

nnanku wrote:
uokay wrote:

:shock:
and here i was thinking 4-6 weeks meant the whole process. I guess then they haven't really been delaying with out applications.
Guys, where it is mentioned 4 weeks after biometrics.....? It just says 75% of the applications will be decided within 4 weeks! I reckon issuing BRP is the last step of the whole process maybe before dispatching everything back to us. It is just like issuing the ID card at college, work or whatever! Again it is just my view, could be wrong! I know it is really stressfull situation..........!!!

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:26 pm

rabh wrote: Guys, where it is mentioned 4 weeks after biometrics.....? It just says 75% of the applications will be decided within 4 weeks! I reckon issuing BRP is the last step of the whole process maybe before dispatching everything back to us. It is just like issuing the ID card at college, work or whatever! Again it is just my view, could be wrong! I know it is really stressfull situation..........!!!
BRP isn't the last step, the actual process of checking the substance of the application starts after that, normally you only get a BRP invitation if your application is VALID, you can still be refused after BRP.