ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rabh

Re: still waiting

Post by rabh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:50 pm

htc_123 wrote:
rabh wrote: Guys, where it is mentioned 4 weeks after biometrics.....? It just says 75% of the applications will be decided within 4 weeks! I reckon issuing BRP is the last step of the whole process maybe before dispatching everything back to us. It is just like issuing the ID card at college, work or whatever! Again it is just my view, could be wrong! I know it is really stressfull situation..........!!!
BRP isn't the last step, the actual process of checking the substance of the application starts after that, normally you only get a BRP invitation if your application is VALID, you can still be refused after BRP.
Tks, htc_123! This is the sixth week running after my biometrics. In between there was Easter vacation which probably would have further delayed the application process. Anyway......any guess how long will it more take?

amitkhetan
Newly Registered

Post by amitkhetan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi Guys, I have submitted my Biometric on 16th March at Old street post office but havnt got anything yet..one of my collegue gave his biometric on 19th Mar and got his letter on 23rd April

So just waiting I hope It will come soon.
Last edited by amitkhetan on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m.Hashemi
Newly Registered

Post by m.Hashemi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Application sent : 28-01-2012

Application delivered: 31-01-2012

Fee Charged from account: postal order

Acknowledgement Letter received: 08-02-2012 (Dated 04-02-2012)

Biometric Letter received: 14-03-2012 (Dated 10-03-2012)

Biometric Enrollment : Post Office (Golders Green): 15-03-2012

Passport & Documents: Waiting

BRP: Waiting

rabh

Post by rabh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:45 pm

amitkhetan wrote:Hi Guys, I have submitted my Biometric on 16th March at Old street post office but havnt got anything yet..one of my collegue gave his biometric on 19th Mar and got his letter on 23rd April

So just waiting I hope It will come soon.
So the visa officials have started working on the biometrics done on 19th March as well.....huh! Thanks for bringing on the news! Did your colleague gave biometrics at the same place as you or somewhere else?

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Re: Painful wait !!

Post by beeth_ven » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Hey moirareggie!

I have tried sending them emails and calling them on their inquiries number but no response has been given as they repeat that they cannot give information regarding individual applications until 6 months have passed. My employers are based in Italy for which I need to get an Italian visa and I need my passport and BRP for that :( . I have explained the situation to them but this delay is even frustrating them !! I hope they do not change their mind and find someone else :( Which way would you recommend that I should get in touch with UKBA? do you have any specific phone number or email address that you can suggest? I will be grateful for any help !!
moirareggie wrote:
beeth_ven wrote:Hey guys!

Thanks for the updates :)

I am still waiting for the blessed approval letter, passport and BRP. My time line is as follows:

Application sent: 26th Jan
Acknowledgment letter: 30th Jan
Biometric given: 13th March (Old Street post office, London)
Passport and documents: waiting.... :(
BRP: waiting.... :(

Is there anyone else who gave their biometrics on the 13th of March and is still waiting? Anyone else who gave their biometrics in the same post office? Please let me know!

I am frustrated about this delay as I have to take a job soon and I need the passport and BRP immediately otherwise I may lose the job :( Is there anything else that I can do apart from waiting and twiddling my thumbs?? Any advice would be great!
Have you gotten in touch with UKBA? Do so! And then inform your potential employer of the situation and show them that you are allowed to take temporary employment until you receive your BRP then you can sign a permanent contract. Best to take control of the situation instead of getting more frustrated.

htc_123
Pakistan

Post by htc_123 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 pm

htc_123 wrote: Tks, htc_123! This is the sixth week running after my biometrics. In between there was Easter vacation which probably would have further delayed the application process. Anyway......any guess how long will it more take?
No one really knows, I am in a similar boat as urself, gave bio on 16th, so lets just hang in there.

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:11 am

Hi Ppl,
Those who have done their biometrics between 13th - 16th March and have got their Docs/BRP back today kindly update.
My agonising wait still continues

nnanku

Post by nnanku » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:21 am

I did mine on the 13th and still yet to get anything. the wait is becoming terrible now.

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:25 am

I did my biometrics on the 13th as well and I am still waiting :(

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi guys,
I have submitted my biometrics with two dependents in cannon town post office on 20 march.
Please if anyone has any update about biomatrics done on 20 march.
Thanks In advance and fingers crossed for all those who are waiting :)

m.Hashemi
Newly Registered

Post by m.Hashemi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Biometric Enrollment : Post Office (Golders Green): 15-03-2012

BRP: 25-04-2012

I just recived my BRP, waiting for my passport & documents...

rabh

Post by rabh » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:59 pm

m.Hashemi wrote:Biometric Enrollment : Post Office (Golders Green): 15-03-2012

BRP: 25-04-2012

I just recived my BRP, waiting for my passport & documents...
Congrats,
Hashemi, can you please tell us the start date of the validity mentioned in your card and once you get your documents can you please update us. Just to be informed when UKBA took the decision.

SheilaH
Newly Registered

Post by SheilaH » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 pm

I'm happy to say that my entire visa process is over!

Application submitted: 30th Jan
Acknowledgement received: 6th Feb
1st Biometric Letter received: 15th Mar
Biometric enrolled: 16th Mar (Earl's Court Post office)
Passport & Documents: 25 April (letter dated 19 April)
BRP: 25 April (missed the delivery on monday, had to have it redelivered today)

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:52 pm

I just got a call that I missed a DX delivery (I moved out of the old place after application, but she's a friend so she knew to expect the delivery.) I received a BRP invitation on the 15th of March, dated 10th. I had a couple delays and only managed to submit my BRP on the 23rd. I will rearrange delivery so fingers crossed.

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:13 pm

moirareggie wrote:I just got a call that I missed a DX delivery (I moved out of the old place after application, but she's a friend so she knew to expect the delivery.) I received a BRP invitation on the 15th of March, dated 10th. I had a couple delays and only managed to submit my BRP on the 23rd. I will rearrange delivery so fingers crossed.
moirareggie can you please explain your application detaild, especially the brp submission date.As i have done on 20 March. I can confirm that they moved towards the week started from 19 march.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:31 pm

ummer2000 wrote:
moirareggie wrote:I just got a call that I missed a DX delivery (I moved out of the old place after application, but she's a friend so she knew to expect the delivery.) I received a BRP invitation on the 15th of March, dated 10th. I had a couple delays and only managed to submit my BRP on the 23rd. I will rearrange delivery so fingers crossed.
moirareggie can you please explain your application detaild, especially the brp submission date.As i have done on 20 March. I can confirm that they moved towards the week started from 19 march.
I did explain, but I will reformat so it's easier to read:
Application sent: 31st Jan
Fee deducted: 6th Feb
BRP invitation: 15th March (dated 10th)
BRP submitted: 23rd March
Documents (I'm assuming): 25th April

I am yet to receive them but a DX package arrived for me today. I have to travel halfway through the country to get them, maybe Friday) since I moved out from that place.
Last edited by moirareggie on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:34 pm

beeth_ven wrote:Hey moirareggie!

I have tried sending them emails and calling them on their inquiries number but no response has been given as they repeat that they cannot give information regarding individual applications until 6 months have passed. My employers are based in Italy for which I need to get an Italian visa and I need my passport and BRP for that :( . I have explained the situation to them but this delay is even frustrating them !! I hope they do not change their mind and find someone else :( Which way would you recommend that I should get in touch with UKBA? do you have any specific phone number or email address that you can suggest? I will be grateful for any help !!
moirareggie wrote:

I am still waiting for the blessed approval letter, passport and BRP. My time line is as follows:

Is there anyone else who gave their biometrics on the 13th of March and is still waiting? Anyone else who gave their biometrics in the same post office? Please let me know!

I am frustrated about this delay as I have to take a job soon and I need the passport and BRP immediately otherwise I may lose the job :( Is there anything else that I can do apart from waiting and twiddling my thumbs?? Any advice would be great!
Have you gotten in touch with UKBA? Do so! And then inform your potential employer of the situation and show them that you are allowed to take temporary employment until you receive your BRP then you can sign a permanent contract. Best to take control of the situation instead of getting more frustrated.
Wow, I'm sorry for the inconvenience it's causing you. Maybe this part of the forum can help you find out how to contact them: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=100219
I hope you manage to get your things done on time. Good luck!

Usmantar
Newly Registered

Post by Usmantar » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:25 pm

So does that mean they have started considering applications from week commencing 19th of march?

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm

moirareggie wrote:
ummer2000 wrote:
I did explain, but I will reformat so it's easier to read:
Application sent: 31st Jan
Fee deducted: 6th Feb
BRP invitation: 15th March (dated 10th)
BRP submitted: 23rd March
Documents (I'm assuming): 25th April

I am yet to receive them but a DX package arrived for me today. I have to travel halfway through the country to get them, maybe Friday) since I moved out from that place.
Thanks very much moirareggie, It means i can expect mine now. Good luck :D

samindaksm
Newly Registered

Post by samindaksm » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:45 pm

@Nefertiiti
Do you really know people who got brp within three weeks after biometric.. that's really cool. i did mine on 4th of April :) and it's been three weeks by today. What degrees they have done ? Is there any effect to the processing time on the degree you've got. One of my freind told me, if it is an MBA awarded by university of wales, it's going to take longer since they have got caught commiting dodgy things.. anyways mine is a Bsc in IT.. hopefully withing next few days then..

Nefertiiti wrote:On their website it says 75% will be decided within 4 weeks of enroling biometrics. The immigration enquiry bureau advice 4 to 6 weeks. These are just estimates, based on the timeliness given on this forum there doesn't seem to be a fixed duration. I know people who enrolled after me and got theirs about 3 weeks before I got mine.

nnanku wrote:
Nefertiiti wrote:Nnaku don't worry that yours hasn't come yet, give till the end of this week cos that will be 6 weeks. I gave mine on the 5th of March but got my visa and documents on the 23rd and 21st of April, respectively, so don't use other people's timeline to get scared. Delay might not necessarily mean refusal but that they are carrying out extra checks. Also they didn't use the special delivery envelope which I included, to send back my documents. So anyone who's tracking their envelope, don't despair if you don't see any info, your documents might be on their way. It took 3 days for mine to reach me from day of despatch.

The bottom line is, the fact that someone else has gotten theirs before you shouldn't make you worry. After all ukba says 4 to 6 weeks after biometric is when they make their decision.

Good luck everyone, and hang on in there.
nnanku wrote:
I had given mine on th 13th of March at manchester post office, i dunno what wrong :(
Please where does say in thier website that they will make a decision between, 4-6 weeks of submitting biometrics?

AKS1WK
Newly Registered

Post by AKS1WK » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:16 pm

BRP invitation: 14th March
BRP submitted: 14 March
Passport & Documents: waiting
BRP: waiting
:x :x :x :x :x :x

placebo
Newly Registered

Post by placebo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi all,
I did my biometrics on the 3rd of March and still got nothing. Also, my visa expires on the 30th of April, which is very soon.
Does anyone know if my visa doesn't come untill then, would it cause any problems in the future? for example if I want to get another type of visa?

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks moirareggie! I am glad that you have got your documents back...I gave my BRP on 13th March but I haven't heard anything...another day has passed without any news...I am feeling so frustrated ... this wait is killing me :(
moirareggie wrote:

moirareggie wrote:

Wow, I'm sorry for the inconvenience it's causing you. Maybe this part of the forum can help you find out how to contact them: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=100219

tazboys
Newly Registered

Post by tazboys » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Does not matter till you receive your decision from Border Agency your status of immigration remains valid.
placebo wrote:Hi all,
I did my biometrics on the 3rd of March and still got nothing. Also, my visa expires on the 30th of April, which is very soon.
Does anyone know if my visa doesn't come untill then, would it cause any problems in the future? for example if I want to get another type of visa?

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

Post by beeth_ven » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Thanks moirareggie! I am glad that you have got your documents back...I gave my BRP on 13th March but I haven't heard anything...another day has passed without any news...I am feeling so frustrated ... this wait is killing me :cry:
moirareggie wrote:

moirareggie wrote: