ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fingerprint question on SET O

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soph
Newly Registered

Fingerprint question on SET O

Post by soph » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:59 pm

On page 36 of the SETO form, for question 7, it asks "Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous United Kingdom immigration
application made in the United Kingdom or abroad?"

I honestly can't remember!

I received my work permit visa in 2007 from the British consulate in Germany, where I was living at the time. My passport is from a country that allows me to visit UK for up to 6 months without requiring a formal visa.

Does anyone know if it was typically customary for a British embassy to take fingerprints back then? Or for the border agency to take my fingerprints when I first entered the country on the work permit visa?

Is there a way to find out?

If not, should I just put down no?

Would really appreciate any insights into this! Thanks!

selva

Re: Fingerprint question on SET O

Post by selva » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:13 pm

soph wrote:On page 36 of the SETO form, for question 7, it asks "Have you had your fingerprints taken as part of a previous United Kingdom immigration
application made in the United Kingdom or abroad?"

I honestly can't remember!

I received my work permit visa in 2007 from the British consulate in Germany, where I was living at the time. My passport is from a country that allows me to visit UK for up to 6 months without requiring a formal visa.

Does anyone know if it was typically customary for a British embassy to take fingerprints back then? Or for the border agency to take my fingerprints when I first entered the country on the work permit visa?

Is there a way to find out?

If not, should I just put down no?

Would really appreciate any insights into this! Thanks!
I think the question is "part of a previous United Kingdom immigration
application" and if fingerprints taken at the time of entering UK then it may not considered as part of application.

I am not sure about your situation but I got the WP visa in 2007 and there were no fingerprints requirements at that time and I believed it is started in 2008. I am ticking NO (even though I have given fingerprints at the airport when I come back from holiday )

soph
Newly Registered

Post by soph » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks! This helps.