ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ONE QUESTION.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pageup
Member of Standing

ONE QUESTION.

Post by pageup » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:03 pm

I got married to a french national. I got solictor, we have sent the file to UKBA with girl orginal passport, our marriage certificate (Islamic One), ALL The other relevant evidence. she is working in UK now. using her eu treaty rights.

i want to know my application for human rigths has been refsed many times. judical review has been refsed. have been in uk for last 10 years.

is my OLD immigration history going to affect my marriage application?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:16 pm

have you had your marriage registered in the UK at the registry office? an islamic marriage certificate alone will not be accepted as a valid marriage in the UK.

pageup
Member of Standing

ONE QUESTION.

Post by pageup » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:53 pm

My solictor has the same concern, but the mosque solictor reccomended in which i got my marriage certtificate, home office accepted the islamic marriage certificate before from other people , without them suggesting/giving permission to do the registration under english law, because ukba from the evidence will know how genuine my marriage is. what do you think?

my main question, is my old immigration history regardless how bad it has been will affect my marriage application. i have NO criminal record, nothing of that sort, my applications has been refsing for the last 10 years, whatever the reason can be! from the home office, recently my judicial review refused.

thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:12 pm

there's no point even addressing your other question if you are not legally married under UK law. Has your marriage been legally registered with the register office or do you only have a religous marriage certificate?

pageup
Member of Standing

ONE QUESTION.

Post by pageup » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:00 pm

I only have a islmic marriage certificate, from the mosqe which the UKBA recognise, they have accept this marriage certificate from other people before accroding to my solictor.

Also, to register a marriage in council you need a passport for bride and groom. and I have not got my passport, it has experied 6 years ago.

I am waiting to hear a reply.

pageup
Member of Standing

judicial review.

Post by pageup » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 pm

IF some one Judicial review refused, what option is available to that person, how long the high corurt process takes.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ONE QUESTION.

Post by Greenie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:46 pm

pageup wrote:I only have a islmic marriage certificate, from the mosqe which the UKBA recognise, they have accept this marriage certificate from other people before accroding to my solictor.

Also, to register a marriage in council you need a passport for bride and groom. and I have not got my passport, it has experied 6 years ago.

I am waiting to hear a reply.
my understanding is that some UK mosques are able to conduct marriages legally recognised in the UK however in this case you would also be issued a UK marriage certificate and your marriage would be recorded with the register office. If you only have an islamic certificate then in my opinion your are not legally married and therefore you will not be considered to be a family member of an EU national.

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:49 am

I agree with Greenie too,
in your case only mosque marriage certificate will not work, you should register at civil register office reason is mosque certificate only works when you have permanent residence/citizenship in the UK so you are not going to apply for any immigration purpose.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri May 18, 2012 9:57 am

A point of clarification-even for citizens or permanent residents such a marriage would not be lawful in the UK in other respects-for example for family law purposes. It is not just an immigration issue.

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:46 pm

ya correct, i am referring in case where both parties are out of immigration control, I know number of couple who are just married under religious wedding but later they registred their marriage to civil offices.( only if they married out of the UK)
otherwise inside country their should be english law.
Thanks

pageup
Member of Standing

Got married.

Post by pageup » Tue May 22, 2012 12:59 am

Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:39 pm Post subject: got married.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am married to a french girl, my solictor sent the marriage application to ukba in april 20-04-12,

on 21-05-12, UKBA want to see further documentation such as;

my wife pay slips, + utility bills on + tenancy agreement...

what will be the steps/demands after I send all this information to UKBA?

i also my judicial review refused when i was single, are ukba people going to look my past IMMIGRATIOIN HISTORY as well before they grant me 5 year permit. have been in uk from the age of 14-24 years ...

MY hearing date in high court is in July 2012, what should I do with this date proceding? My solictor is asking for another £1000 to go there with me in the court?

what would your advise be on this?

really need your advise.